Romero had NOTHING for Costa during their fight

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am a big Romero fan, because i like the fact that he's unpredictable, explosive, and so vicious at the same time. He's like a Kratos from God of War, coming down to earth to baptise some dudes. He always seems to find a solution, whether it's from a flying knee or from more questionable antics. He will use every option he has to his advantage.

For the Costa fight, he chose to rope a dope, waiting for oportunities in Costa's game that did not seem to come. Knowing that the brazilian was going to advance most of the fight, Romero and his team decided not to confront him and to let him tire himself out.

It worked, as Costa significantly slowed down in the second part of the second round, and in the third round. But did Romero take advantage of it ? Barely... He had this late takedown in the second round and got the edge in the last (not by a far margin though)

Other than that, he was being out powered most of the fight. He was rolling with Costa's punches but got hit a lot, and gassed early. Costa was never in any kind of danger in this fight, and faded more because he did most of the work than because of Romero's activity.

To sum up, Romero fought in survival mode, did not find any openings, and i don't understand how so many people scored it as a split decision or (for some) a draw.

Last edited:
NOTHING??? Cmon now.

And lol at starting with ‘Im a big Romero fan’

How do you say someone had nothing when he arguably won the fight?

It was a close fight. Costa was injured and sidelined for 9 months. Romero is fighting for the title.
I was a bit frustrated Romero couldn't finish this fight too.

pUuaT91.png

Romero was so shook he had to fake nutshots to recover

Costa had a torn biceps and still bullied him

TS is right

And the eraser did it all natty

Borrachinha bless

Last edited:
Didn't he knock him down?

yes but it had more to do with Costa slipping. I'm being harsh here, but then again i love Romero and i don't think he deserved anything more than a big L here

Pshhh, come on now.

Even at 43 he made it really close.

How ??? what did he do to make it "really close" as all you guys said. I clearly got Costa 1 and 2. And in the third it did not seem that Romero had anything left in him to threaten Costa

takes 20secs to change ur av

<DontBelieve1>

Then if you have some time to lose, you can check a topic i made last month about "romero fighting top guys for 7 years". Or else you think i was preparing this thread for a month

Nice troll buddy

I am a big Romero fan, because i like the fact that he's unpredictable, explosive, and so vicious at the same time. He's like a Kratos from God of War, coming down to earth to baptise some dudes. He always seems to find a solution, whether it's from a flying knee or from more questionable antics. He will use every option he has to his advantage.

For the Costa fight, he chose to rope a dope, waiting for oportunities in Costa's game that did not seem to come. Knowing that the brazilian was going to advance most of the fight, Romero and his team decided not to confront him and to let him tire himself out.

It worked, as Costa significantly slowed down in the second part of the second round, and in the third round. But did Romero take advantage of it ? Barely... He had this late takedown in the second round and got the edge in the last (not by a far margin though)

Other than that, he was being out powered most of the fight. He was rolling with Costa's punches but got hit a lot, and gassed early. Costa was never in any kind of danger in this fight, and faded mostly because he did most of the work than because of Romero's activity.

To sum up, Romero fought in survival mode, did not find any openings, and i don't understand how so many people scored it as a split decision or (for some) a draw.
Didn't Remero rock him multiple times in that fight?

I agree Costa definitely won though and Remero's performance was very uncharacteristic, he looked like he was out of gas before the fight even started.

It was a close fight that swayed more towards costa imo

He got injured after the fight though. You can't walk away unscathed after fighting Joel.

Other than that, he was being out powered most of the fight. He was rolling with Costa's punches but got hit a lot, and gassed early. Costa was never in any kind of danger in this fight, and faded more because he did most of the work than because of Romero's activity.

Costa got his head snapped back and sent running to the cage quite a few times. Rewatch the fight. Costa also won the first round just by the grace on dropping Yoel early for a second. All that round he was eating bombs himself.

Back