Romero deadlifts 283 kg/625 lbs raw!

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by boingyman, Jan 24, 2020.

1. boingyman If can, can. If no can, no can.

No, not your boy Yoel, but a female named Kheycie Romero. Yes it was with straps, but that's damn impressive! What's your thoughts @woloo ?

2. Ironnik94 Perdition Belt

Impressive.
    Also goes to show you that even very muscular people are no way near their potential in terms of strength in relation to muscle mass.

There's 17 year old girls who're almost as strong as Jon Jones.

3. gspieler Silver Belt

I'd be surprised if there aren't multiple 17-year old girls with higher totals than Jones.

4. deadshot138 Silver Belt

>sumo
    >monkey arms
    >clit probably hangs lower than walls (steroids)

Meh

5. Ironnik94 Perdition Belt

Depends on the weightclass i guess - the girl i'm talking about is amongst the best in hers though (as far as i know).
    She's below 63kilo (139lbs or so) heavy and benches 85kg/188lbs or so, squats 150kg/349lbs and deadlifts 190kg/418lbs.
    Note: the lbs are nor necessarily correct, i more likely remember the kgs correctly.
    The best deadlift (full range of motion, not blocks) that i've seen Jones do was 500lbs (226kg), so that girl comes within 84% of Jones deadlift, which is extremely impressive, imho.
    Her deadlift is probably better than that of most lightweights in the UFC.

6. woloo Blue Belt

How much be the deadlift without straps? 600 pounds? Any guess? Very impressive though it doesn't count.

7. ConorFacts Banned Banned

8. Klaavical Black Belt

[​IMG]

9. spdrew2143 Blue Belt

Impressive lift. I'm also going to throw in wierzbicki's 881 in this thread. Best deadlifter in the world?
    [Yt]

10. boingyman If can, can. If no can, no can.

The fact that he can put up these crazy numbers on a stiff bar in IPF meets, I would say definitely under the IPF umbrella he is the king. For all of powerlifting he is definitely in contention. I think he also pulled like 950 something on a deadlift bar not too long ago edging Woolam. Lets see what Browner does this weekend. I'm predicting mid to upper 900s at 242, but it's possible he will be the first to pull 1000 sumo. Nasonov's 881 @ 181 on a deadlift bar is also ridiculous, although I think if Yangsu Ren can master the hook grip he could maybe match that or even pull 900 @ 181 on a deadlift bar one day. Same with Dean Chung. If he can improve his grip he could pull 800 @ 165.

I know powerlifting is getting more and more popular, but you're not really seeing the bar being raised on bench much in comparison to what these guys are deadlifting these days with the exception of Maddox

11. spdrew2143 Blue Belt

I'm always a little skeptical about lifters who always seem to deadlift with straps. Browner stopped doing that and looks good for 900+ at the hybrid meet. Wren and Chun have big discrepancies between what they do in the gym vs meets. Granted wren hasn't competed recently, but he posted about having grip issues with 725.

12. boingyman If can, can. If no can, no can.

Yeah I agree. I think it's more for the gram then anything else. They know it doesn't count with straps unless your name is Chris Duffin who is the gym lifting 3 reds champ.