Romero can't get the next title shot - it's unfair to the rest of the division, especially Rockhold

The person who's the biggest draw will get it this time.... Seems to be the only option.

Its the money fight era where ranks dont matter.

Now we can have fighters coming off a KO loss or a single win but 3 straight loses before that think they deserve a shot. Fucking lunacy.

No, id say the majority think romero deserves it. He paid the penalty, thirty percent of purse and no interim title to increase next fight wages. He did save the card on short notice too.

Three pounds didnt sleep rockhold, his chin and defence are to blame.

Came to say exactly this. 3 pounds were not Luke's demise. Romero is a murderer in the 3rd. Time served.

No mention of Jacare? He’s the only one in the top 5 that hasn’t received a title shot yet.

Give him his damn shot.

Yeah, it isn't fair to the rest of the division who don't deserve it.....

No mention of Jacare? He’s the only one in the top 5 that hasn’t received a title shot yet.

Give him his damn shot.
After beating gatekeeper Brunson? He got made to look amateur by Whittaker not too long ago.. he needs another good win.

Not to mention Yoel Romero is one overweight fight removed from getting defeated by Whittaker.

My original quote

'...if he misses weight...'

If...

I'm not sure why you see that post as all about 'how many times has Romero missed weight?'
and I still stand by my post. ..
you are implying that Yoel misses weight so I asked...How many times has Romero missed weight????

He came in overweight. That's the bottom line. For him to get a title shot after missing weight is complete lunacy.

He failed to make the weight, why get a title shot at that weight? He needs to prove that he can come in on weight or this will just happen again.

If anything, Rockhold deserves the next title shot, for bravely fighting an insanely over weight opponent. It's almost exactly like when Woodley refused to fight after Hendricks dropped out of the fight and eventually Woodley got the title shot.

The sad thing is that because of the state of the MW division, Romero was all but guaranteed a title shot regardless if he made weight or not. He could have come in 10 lbs overweight and he would probably still have gotten the shot at Whittaker.
Making the interim title so that only Rockhold could win it had zero practical effect because the end result is the same; facing Whittaker for the real title.

Not to mention Yoel Romero is one overweight fight removed from getting defeated by Whittaker.

For the second time and then what do we do? If Romero is the consensus #2 MW in the world and he loses a second time to Whittaker, what happens if he keeps beating other contenders? Hard to justify a 3rd fight for a title when Romero has already lost twice. Better to make Romero take one more fight to make up for him missing weight

TS been trolling posters all day....Well done...

Three pounds didnt sleep rockhold, his chin and defence are to blame.

It's not the three pound difference the day before the fight, it is the difference it would have made in his performance to cut those last three pounds.

It could very well have been a completely different fight

If it wasn't for Yoel...Rockhold wouldn't had made money.

UFC would of scrapped the rockhold fight and made it some UFC on Fox free card......Best case scenerio, luke fights somebody who isn't top 10, and his PPVs suffers hardcore(Im sure rochold had PPV points) and he isn't maineventing anymore and doesn't have a shot on the interim fighter.

So Yoel did rockhold a huge favor.

Rockhold had a shitload more time to train....make no mistake about it, Rockhold had a huge advantage over Yoel's lousy 3 lbs advantage lol.

Whittaker beat him pretty cleanly with a bum knee, I don't have any interest in the rematch yet. However I'd like to see Jacare vs Yoel 2. They both bounced back after losing to Whittaker and Jacare vs Yoel was a very close fight.

Back