Romero can't get the next title shot - it's unfair to the rest of the division, especially Rockhold

Cry a freakin river, dude has NEVER missed weight. He misses one time on a fight he hardly had time to prepare for. You say 4-weeks but he had to fly to Aussie and cut weight so he trained what, a couple weeks of punches and kicks?

If Yoel had missed several times before then all the hate is acceptable. But just cause “man crush” Luke got throttled, everybody wants to hang Yoel on a rope.

And the UFC is very happy I am sure. He saved the card, they kept a PPV, and they got an exciting fight out the deal.

I would bet the house the UFC even covered his 30% loss to Luke (locker room bonus)......

DVuw0SZVoAAnmwB
No homo

insanely over weight opponent? Fuck that. Man Up like Hendo.

Cuckold fans are more salty more than Luke himself. He just lost in a TS, fans "he made weight he DESERVES another instant TS" " 2.7LBS is an INSANE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT" meanwhile Stipe dominated a guy weighed in 25lbs heavier. "Rockhold is the best MW IN THE WORLD, AND LHW IS WEAK HE'LL KILL THEM" so fuckin crazy.

Wasn't the sauna at the hotel in Perth also unavailable right when he was trying to cut too? Such a joke, so many people wanted to believe Rockhold was the UFC MW messiah and now that illusion has been shattered into little pieces they are trying to cobble together some new delusional "reality". He took the fight and got slept. Life happens. Move on.

Well, guess what? He won.

I understand your concerns, TS, but you lose me when you suggested that Rockhold should get first.

Since when did fair and unfair have anything to do with the real world?

Romero came overweight. He didn't save shit. Luke could have refused to fight him. So the only one who saved the card was actually Luke. This shows only how utterly useless the interim belts are. If the ufc really wants to keep their interim belts with an ounce of legitimacy, then Romero should have to rematch Luke for the interim title. WHITTAKER vs GSP next.

Nahhhh

He gave up his purse and the opportunity for the belt already.

KOd the other guy, a recent champ coming off a win.

Was a relatively short notice fight for him.

Let him fight for the belt, it’s not like Luke is a tiny MW that got out muscled.

it is about that exactly
They just gave him an interim title fight and he didn't make weight, and won the fight but didn't win the title but got the title shot nonetheless. History has a way of repeating itself. If they award him the fight after breaking his contract it sets a bad example for how to get ahead. If he misses weight again for whatever reason, and they put out another weak card, and are forced to go forward with the fight, it potentially sets up another blunder. JMO

Back