Romantically involved adult mother-son couple facing jailtime in NM

Should incest b/t adults *where there's no proof the relationship began prior to adulthood* be legal

• Yes

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 59.8%

• Total voters
I say no because I, nor anyone else should not have to pay for their offspring should they reproduce and end up with burger buddies.

I gave you a like for bringing the child molestation in christianity up because I forgot about that issue. Cousin fucking is incest thats another issue in some religions and in the southern states. Aren't you from the south?

I spent a lot of time living in Texas, but I'm not from there.

Cousin marrying is a big issue in Muslim countries and quite common. Probably does very little to help the average IQ over there.

Cousin marrying is a big issue in Muslim countries and quite common. Probably does very little to help the average IQ over there.

Of course it doesn't. That's because I'm not ignorant. Human culture influences evolution far more rapidly than natural selection evolves our species. How could this be? The reason is that cultural notions assigning "mate value" transcend more primal assessments of attractiveness (such as can be observed to be largely uniform across cultures when studying faces, for example, stripped of makeup or fashion).

Social stigmas are part of culture, and culture is more powerful than instinct. That's why things like rape rates vary so widely.

That's what separates man from beast. You're making the cardinal mistake of applying bioevolutionary context as if we were not.
To be fair, atleast as far as western civilization goes, the social stigma and/or taboo of incest was only really dominant in the last 100 or so years, if that. Regardless of British and every other empire's national and royal family history, the multiple tribes/nomad clans that came before and cultist/religious influence throughout the years - there are infinite accounts of people in the past marrying family members, because it was a very normal thing to do. Edgar Allen Poe, Charles Darwin, HG Wells, Saddam Hussein, etc. all married their first cousins. Even guys like John Adams, FDR and Einstein married distant cousins. Going as far back (or as recent) as the 1800's, the social stigma may have applied to immediate family, but going further we find that it was more acceptable. One of the more famous examples is King Tut, who married his sister.

There has always been those who do and those who don't, like with anything, but clearly - with time - the more advanced societies have evolved past it.

Not a fan. Pretty fucked up. Not a jailable offense.

Well priest are known to touch kids. Thanks for bringing that up...

As are camp counselors, teachers, little league coaches, scoutmasters... anyone who might find a position that requires access to (and unobserved supervision of) children as a means to enable their perversion. The cover up regarding the molestation of children by priests was (and continues to be) a damnable failing by many officiants of the Catholic Church. It is not, by itself, a recrimination of religion as a whole or even Catholicism alone, as it is not condoned nor permitted under such. It has become a cautionary tale for many facets of our society and a vulgar crutch in arguments against religion... or ripskater.

While disgustingly gross, who is the government to jail people who have consensual sex with each other? Like homosexuality, incest ... Fuck and sex ... Is no one's business but consenting adults.

Ewwwww.

Right here!

Incest is a perilous threat to the genetic health of our species, and not merely to those who willfully engage in a sex act with those who commit incest, but also to those who are the non-consenting (i.e. offspring, others who breed with these people who might go unaware of their hidden genetic corruption despite that you have made it legal; few of us even know have an accurate picture of our own family's genealogy going back more than three generations).

If these people were willing to sterilize themselves, at their own expense, and had no minors present who would be observing that such a deleterious breeding culture is normal, then there might be a stronger libertine argument. We don't prosecute cousins who procreate. We're already pretty reasonable about this issue.
What about women over 40? I think it was Pan who brought it up in another thread.

I'm sure cousin incest does have an impact on IQ. That would explain all the Republican support in southern states.

I don't agree with arresting them. Maybe a psychological evaluation, but that shit is disgusting.

I'm sure cousin incest does have an impact on IQ. That would explain all the Republican support in southern states.

What about all the black people in southern states? Does that ever factor into your blanket assumptions about the south? Considering most of the major cities are predominantly black or have a much higher percentage than most of the US, it seems like a pretty stupid and racist point to argue. Also, with the ridiculous number of single parents in the black community, do you think there's a solid chance that a lot of young people in those communities are fucking their siblings without even realizing it?

I don't agree with arresting them. Maybe a psychological evaluation, but that shit is disgusting.

What about all the black people in southern states? Does that ever factor into your blanket assumptions about the south? Considering most of the major cities are predominantly black or have a much higher percentage than most of the US, it seems like a pretty stupid and racist point to argue. Also, with the ridiculous number of single parents in the black community, do you think there's a solid chance that a lot of young people in those communities are fucking their siblings without even realizing it?
Why are you trying to turn a friendly intellectually stimulating conversation about incest into a black community issue? Are you saying only black people commit incest? You clearly have some kind of agenda with this post and I wonder what it is...

Idgaf who people fuck. Just don't bring that weird shit around me.

Ashkenazi Jews are genetically very insular and they're about as smart as they come.

To be fair, atleast as far as western civilization goes, the social stigma and/or taboo of incest was only really dominant in the last 100 or so years, if that. Regardless of British and every other empire's national and royal family history, the multiple tribes/nomad clans that came before and cultist/religious influence throughout the years - there are infinite accounts of people in the past marrying family members, because it was a very normal thing to do. Edgar Allen Poe, Charles Darwin, HG Wells, Saddam Hussein, etc. all married their first cousins. Even guys like John Adams, FDR and Einstein married distant cousins. Going as far back (or as recent) as the 1800's, the social stigma may have applied to immediate family, but going further we find that it was more acceptable. One of the more famous examples is King Tut, who married his sister.

There has always been those who do and those who don't, like with anything, but clearly - with time - the more advanced societies have evolved past it.
While cousin marriage has historically been accepted in many cultures sex within the immediate family seems to be particularly taboo.

Why are you trying to turn a friendly intellectually stimulating conversation about incest into a black community issue? Are you saying only black people commit incest? You clearly have some kind of agenda with this post and I wonder what it is...

My agenda is pointing out that you're a dumbfuck for making blanket assumptions about the south, which is where most black people in America live.

Yikes...

Not even gonna comment on this one.

My agenda is pointing out that you're a dumbfuck for making blanket assumptions about the south, which is where most black people in America live.

I've often maintained that "the hood" and "the sticks" have a lot in common:

Obsession with firearms? Check.
Substance abuse? Check.
Unnecessary auto modification? Check.
Illegitimacy, teen pregnancy and incest?
Check, baby. Check, baby. One two three.

I've often maintained that "the hood" and "the sticks" have a lot in common:

Obsession with firearms? Check.
Substance abuse? Check.
Unnecessary auto modification? Check.
Illegitimacy, teen pregnancy and incest?
Check, baby. Check, baby. One two three.
Ok.

A thread was made on the topic of incest and I, along with several other fellow sherdoggers, decided to partake in a civil manner ( light joking aside). You on the other hand decide to come in and make the subject into a racially charged one going off on an anti black community tangent. Some of the reasons for incestiuous procreation throughout human history brought up were religious, geographical, royal blood line continuation etc. but you want to reduce the conversation into racial angst. My example of incest in the southern states was a geographical one, but you want to segregate the white inhabitants of the south from the african american community and pin the incest solely on them. I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you have something against the southern black community. Shame on you, sir.

I say make it a 2nd degree misdemeanor with a light penalty of $100 fine or something and leave it at that. Still illegal but you're not going to get thrown into a cage for your Oedipus complex.

Isn't the threat still there though? What happens if they decide not to pay an extortion fee to a group of people with guns?

Back