Rolling Toe Hold from Half Guard - Control and Finishing Mechanics

Invisible Jiu Jitsu

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

David Morcegao shows the rolling toehold (ashi bendi) from half guard and explains the controls required to actually finish them stop and them from spinning out which would only get an advantage under IBJJF rules

David Morcegao shows the rolling toehold (ashi bendi) from half guard and explains the controls required to actually finish them stop and them from spinning out which would only get an advantage under IBJJF rules

Uh I like the video but shouldn't this just be a youtube vid with comments underneath???

Yes!

I was just thinking about how to execute this move the other day when I was rolling and found myself in top half. I was looking down at the foot thinking “...I think there’s a toe hold here.”

You saved me some trial and error trying to drill this on my own. Thanks for posting!

Yes!

I was just thinking about how to execute this move the other day when I was rolling and found myself in top half. I was looking down at the foot thinking “...I think there’s a toe hold here.”

You saved me some trial and error trying to drill this on my own. Thanks for posting!

you're welcome!

If Sherdog had every submission tutorial that would overflow the forum. I like the technique reminds me of the sakuraba rolling toe hold.

Back