Rolling in the dark

fedorheartsyou

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done this? I went to no-gi last night and our instructor says he has a surprise for all of us and we're all thinking WTF could he be talking about and he goes to the back room and turns out all of the lights and says, "Alright now it's time to roll." I was thinking it was a joke or something like that, but he was serious and we did this for about 20 minutes. I thought it would be almost impossible to do anything, but it was a lot easier than I thought, the whole idea behind it is to use your feeling to roll. It was pretty cool and it was certainly something different.

LOL, you did guys switch to "no-gi" as well?

LoL I knew I was going to get these kind of responses. Seriously though, has anyone ever done this before?

I've heard of rolling with your eyes closed. I've never done it. It seems like Jedi training to me, which is pretty badass if you ask me.

I've heard of rolling with your eyes closed. I've never done it. It seems like Jedi training to me, which is pretty badass if you ask me.

I have learned that after my experience of rolling in the dark I can now do Jedi mind tricks. No lie.

We did this a few times at a royce gracie association in the late 90s. Seems like a pretty good way to expand your game

AKA - Time to play grabass!

I love training with my eyes closed ... need a good partner though .. or it can be tough

When they say "okay, now it's no-no-gi time," that's when you really need to get worried.

Didn't Paulo Fihlo and Ricardo Arona train in the dark together? I remember watching a video where Fihlo asks him about a scar/scab and he says it was from the training we did in the dark last night or something like that.

Training in the dark does sound interesting, seems like a cool way to develop a feel for grappling.

? I pretty much roll with my eyes closed ~%75 of the time. I thought this was common. It's more like I don't know what to look at really, so I just close my eyes or stare off into space.

"I'm not gay but... you wanna roll with the lights off today?"

if was in grappling class and the instructor says "now we're gonna roll with no lights on," i'd dude him so hard, cover my asshole and not walk run out the building and never come back.

...Then you wake up, you notice your gi pants are on backwards, and your briefs are across the room. Your belt is poorly tied, and there's lipstick everywhere on the mats and shit.

...Then they say you were "RNC'd".

...Dont believe them.

Yay make jiu jitsu gay!

When I don't have contacts I can HARDLY see. I can see, but my vision is horrible. Most of the time I just stare or close my eyes for very long periods of time.

I'm not sure what this really does for me. It does make me focus more on the pressures instead of what I see.

Maybe its a good thing?

nerd powa son

Same, I hate my vision. I cant go to work or school without them. Cant drive, either. And I just got pink eye so im fucked, and I guess Im going to the Renzo Gracie Invitational this Sat blind...:(

Back