Rolled/Sprained ankle. OW

B

Brand Nizzle

I rolled my ankle tonight for a SECONd time this month. Just as it was almost 100% better too. Basically, this girl rode off on my bike, I jumped on my pegs, and she thought it would be funny to kick me off, I hoped off and stepped on the side of my ankle, heard crunching noises that were gross, and now I am limping like a mofo. It hurts so bad, there is not really a visual difference between my two feet by the one I rolled feels very swollen.

Anyone have any advice on how to make it heal faster? Should I try to walk on in more and stretch it out a lot or just keep off it and rest it? This really sucks because I can't do much with a sprained ankle and I was really looking forward to working out this week.

I've suffered over 25 rolled/sprained ankles, so mine are perma-swollen now.

Take anti-inflammitaries such as Ibuprofen, use an Ice pack (Or something frozen) and keep it elevated above your hip.

I've also found that sitting down with your foot flat on the floor and lifting you heel up and down while keeping your toes down works well too.

Hope that helped.

Alright, thanks I'll try all of those things. One main question I have is that, should I just tuff it out and go to MT class and just suck up the pain, or do you think it is important I stay off it and let it heal?

I've always been a "Tough it out guy", I got my ankle screwed up 5 minutes into a soccer match and I carried on playing (So another 85 minutes).

But MT is different to being a goalkeeper, so I would hold off the training for a bit. The last thing you wanna do is to be kicking with it, it's like an electric shock searing through it and it's horrible

What you could do is go in just to give a hand. You're still showing up, and you're not putting your ankle at risk of being hurt more. It'll clear up in a couple of weeks, 4 weeks at most.

Brand Nizzle said:
I rolled my ankle tonight for a SECONd time this month. Just as it was almost 100% better too. Basically, this girl rode off on my bike, I jumped on my pegs, and she thought it would be funny to kick me off, I hoped off and stepped on the side of my ankle, heard crunching noises that were gross, and now I am limping like a mofo. It hurts so bad, there is not really a visual difference between my two feet by the one I rolled feels very swollen.

Anyone have any advice on how to make it heal faster? Should I try to walk on in more and stretch it out a lot or just keep off it and rest it? This really sucks because I can't do much with a sprained ankle and I was really looking forward to working out this week.
Crunching noises?

Are you sure it's not more than a fricking sprained anke?

Dude if you heard loud crunching noises how about a visit to the doctor.

Ted-P said:
Crunching noises?

Are you sure it's not more than a fricking sprained anke?

Dude if you heard loud crunching noises how about a visit to the doctor.

I got the crunches too, it could just be tendons/ligaments getting strained or something like that.

If you are willing to take a chance, your choice.

crunches means get the fjkin thing checked . it could just b tendons goin over each other , or it could b ur ankle crunchin and bein broken. no bruising or discolouration means no damaged ligaments if im not mistaken .

I would stay off it for a while. you might of screwed up some ligaments n sh*t. i pulled ligaments in my hand and kept working out made it worse and then i was in a soft cast and couldnt use it for 3 months.

parallax86 said:
crunches means get the fjkin thing checked . it could just b tendons goin over each other , or it could b ur ankle crunchin and bein broken. no bruising or discolouration means no damaged ligaments if im not mistaken .

No, that means it's not broken.

Dark purple/blue Discolouration = Breakage
Excess swelling, yellow/brown dicolouration = Ligament injury.

Ice it regularly, keep it elevated, stay off of it, and take anti-inflammatory medication

Smigg said:
No, that means it's not broken.

Dark purple/blue Discolouration = Breakage
Excess swelling, yellow/brown dicolouration = Ligament injury.

Wrong. I blew out my right ankle on a trampoline a year ago and it swelled up like a biatch and turned a very embarrassing shade of purple. I got x-rays, no breakage. A doctor will tell you, as mine did, you need to immobilize the ankle for a month or more. I was given a walking boot and I was told not to take it off.....at all. Any movement will delay the healing process, cause scar tissue to build up, and it won't heal as solid. If you sprain an ankle once, you're chances of doing it again increase. I've sprained my right one a half dozen times. You can tell by looking at my x-rays that my right ankle is wider than my left. Anti-inflammatory meds help (ibuprofen). Rehad is crucial but that comes much later.

This is why I hate hospitals, they told me exactly what I put in the above post about the discolouration. They didn't even strap it up. I've sprained both ankles a total of over 20 times (Stupidity is a bitch) and they're permanently swollen.

They did tell me not to move it though.

I kept the boot on MOST of the time, but those things suck to walk on and the constant limping will create an imbalance in your hips and back that will need addressing later. I JUST got done with Physical Therapy last month for the back and hip problems brought on by limping on that boot. Mine was a bit worse because I fractured a vertebrae a few years ago and never rehabed my back properly.

Bottom Line, wear the boot, but be mindful of how you're limping because your body will compensate will a pelvic shift!

Parallax, Smigg,

Forgive me, are you two brothers?

No, we're just concered about the whole Lee Murray thing

Back