ROH to release all of thier talent and take a hiatus

Tons of talented guys who work there. I hope they all land on their feet and find new promotions soon. Don't want any of that talent going to waste

This is probably a good move. Like the old days they can just pay the talent based on a show by show basis. Contracts hurt the quality of the product because they were busy pushing contracted wrestlers instead of looking for the newest and most talented guys on the indy scene

They had a good run.

They had a good run.
They could still be back. Obviously continuing to pay everybody throughout the worst of the pandemic despite not running any shows hurt them a lot.

ROH is dead and buried.

They could still be back. Obviously continuing to pay everybody throughout the worst of the pandemic despite not running any shows hurt them a lot.

With the way things are now...they'll manage to scrape together enough cash to start up again...folks will be happy and looking forward to it...and then some snowflake shit bag will remind everyone on Twitter that Rob Feinstein was a thing a couple decades ago and the company will suffer the death of 1000 hashtags and be cancelled forever.

Not every org is backed by billionaires and could withstand the COVID hit, I guess.
They are/were backed by Sinclair Media. Billion dollar company. They never made much in the black but continued paying their contracts during COVID. Lauded by many but probably looked like shit to the bean counters upstairs.

I hope they pull off an April return, maybe they will.

releasing everyone doesn't make that seem promising, but I get why they'd do it even if they were planning a comeback.

interested to see where they go. AEW is going to need more TV time if they keep adding, guess NXT or Impact might want some, others will prob stay indie, idk

Meanwhile, TNA (which started the same year as ROH) is still alive.

ActiveAgedCommabutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Meanwhile, TNA (which started the same year as ROH) is still alive.

ActiveAgedCommabutterfly-max-1mb.gif
It was originally NWA-TNA, then TNA, now Impact Wrestling. Jarrett traded running a wrestling federation for running a wrestling podcast.

Back