Rogue One question -- what was realistic about it? (possible spoilers)

It was weird. It was like a kids movie, but at the same time who the fuck would show that to their kids, it's too scary for kids.

All the good guys die.

No they didn't. More of them died in the Part 3 also, when the Jedi get wiped out. Still didn't make it realistic.

But in your defense it was the most realistic of the Star Wars movies, by far.

OMG TS solved everything and I for one am overwhelmingly grateful.

No you haven't.

Yes I have. Go through the Rogue One thread. And earlier I watched the Nostalgia Critic review where Stuckman talks about the realism. I'm sure a quick search online would turn up entire nerd essays on how real it is. I've even heard people comparing it to Saving Private Ryan.

Thanks for playing. You can take your head out of your ass any time.

Last edited:
I'm also an army vet and I think their portrayal of war was pretty realistic in terms or a sci-fi fantasy film.

I can't tell whether you're a troll or just a lonely dude looking for attention via online arguments. If you had difficulty getting into the film, then I'm simply sorry you were one of the few who didn't like it. You missed out on a good time. But I get you. The films not perfect by any means so take a look at this from my perspective. I've grown up on Star Wars my whole damn life and I love it. Maybe it has to do with the fact I had a rough upbringing and the Star Wars universe was an outlet from my piss poor miserable situation. Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han, Chewie, Leia; you know the rest. They were as real to me as my elementary school friends. That being said, watching Rogue One brought me back to that familiar world, but this time around I was given a glance into its much darker side, a side no Star Wars fan had ever seen (but read through the EU). You wont understand but I'm sure some fan here will agree that seeing those x-wing and y-wing pilots going back in forth in their space pilot jargon was a nerdgasming experience. If you ask me, maybe the film was made for the fans, and with that much said, I'm a Star Wars fan so go figure why I loved it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rogue_one_a_star_wars_story/
Read the reviews of the film and see what all the rave was about, because it was clearly well received film.

If you wanted that much of a realistic taste of war from a (((STARWARS))) film ie; a scifi fantasy movie, you should of watch a documentary or simply enlisted in the military. Which leads me to your next question. What did I do in the military?; I like my privacy but I'll tell you this much, I was a 13 series (field artillery) and it was a hard job. Worst part about it was waking up for PT formation mon-fri. Loved it though, made some great life friends. Want to know more? Go see your local recruiter and tell him I sent yah ;)

Not sure why you started out attacking me personally in this message if you seem to understand that not everybody has to like this movie and you would also end it on a friendly note.

@spin_ has given the most sober explanation for what people mean when they talk about how real it is. I can agree with that and he doen't sound idiotic at all saying it. However, some of the things I'm hearing/reading are making my eyes roll hard.

This movie sucked major balls. People got mad at Lucas for trying new things, but these "new" Star wars films are nothing more than bad rehashs

Back