Roger Huerta in street fight

I'm not saying that nothing should be done, I just think stomping the head of an already unconscious dude is totally uncalled for, even if he did hit a woman (once, without even knocking her out). Maybe if he was in the process of beating the shit out of her, and I had to intervene with any level of force necessary to save the woman, sure - I'd find the nearest tire iron and beat the fucker to a pulp if need be. Chasing the guy down (which pretty much waives any legal justification, BTW) and scrambling his brains like that, though ... maybe I'm not enough of a sexist to see the justification for it.

That being said, my inner, primal self still found it kind of awesome.

yeah i kinda agree. i was alright with it up to the head stomp -- that was a bit out of control. a proper humiliating beat down in front of your friends is warranted. leave the guy with a broken nose and some bruised ribs to think about over the next several weeks. but don't leave the guy with brain damage. not because i have much sympathy for him (i don't), but you just leave yourself open to some serious felony assault charges. plus, at what point does it stop being about standing up for the woman and turn into and expression of your own rage/machismo/alphamale bs?

if it were me, i'd knock or choke the guy out, tie him up, sit on his chest until the cops arrive and call it a citizens arrest. after offering the lady a wicked shot to his nads, and then cracking a few ribs of course. a nice little reminder every time you cough, laugh, sneeze, hiccup, or just breathe really deep -- for the next 2 months.

i kneow a bunch of PC dweebs would come in here and gay the fk up out of this thread crying about how bad huerta is...

100kg dude hit a fkn girl half his size, roger who is much smaller took the guy down and gave him a few and he deserved it, props to huerta & i hope if anthing like this happens to any female i know none of you ppl are there

i kneow a bunch of PC dweebs would come in here and gay the fk up out of this thread crying about how bad huerta is...

100kg dude hit a fkn girl half his size, roger who is much smaller took the guy down and gave him a few and he deserved it, props to huerta & i hope if anthing like this happens to any female i know none of you ppl are there

You're probably one of those guys that don't tap ......

Yeah. Because no one here trains. We all only dream of training and sleep with our keyboards.

no, i'm not, plenty of guys on this forum know me personally from comps & classes etc and i am not a violent or aggressive person... i am also not a fkn overly PC wanker and realise that when a drunk 100kg guy belts a woman for walking away from him he deserves to get a beatdown

Dude, even my wife would tell me to give that guy a beating as well!

I just do not get all your talk about not getting involved, waiting for the cops etc....

Yeah. Because no one here trains. We all only dream of training and sleep with our keyboards.

pc as in politically correct ;-)

i am pretty sure these guys train, my issue is with them over civilising something that is morally right in my world view despite it not being under the law

The hero's are the ones that called cops and the people that carry women out bad situation. The other hero's are ones that picked the unconscious man to safety. Everyone one else is at fault including the roger,unconscious man and woman for having poor judgment.

violence begets violence

I'm very interested in the reactions here:icon_chee

Because one of the reasons i like Grappling so much as opposed to stand up fighting
is ,probably because of the debt , that it seems to attract more intelligent and relaxed people.

Where in kickboxing i mostly met meatheads with that Fuck yeah I'm a tough guy fuck pussys and ***gots mentality.

And i think this situation is a good example where those two groups would conflict in their opinion.

:icon_chee

I personally have great disgust for guys , that somehow see situations like this as a showcase to show how manly they are and somehow think they will fuck the girl afterwards because she will see him as this great hero that stood up for her and instantly fall in love with him.

I am against hitting a woman and i think it needs to be a last resort, but if you dont know what the situation is i suggest when you see a guy hitting a woman, you break them up.
You just don't know the situation and what she did.

When a woman is drunk and starts hitting me, ok i will either take her down or put her in a rnc , but please believe it that if a woman attacks me with a weapon or one of my friends shes getting knocked out like a dude.

I Mean seriously , would you do the same if a random dude gets punched....no you wouldnt.
So what makes this different, are you suddenly the moral knight that defends the weak? Or is it just a testosterone thing where man see a chance to impress woman.

I'll be the first to get between people , dudes or a dude on a girl and ask them whatsup, and yes if a girl gets punched just for talking or something like that theres a big chance i'll get in a fight , but definatly the same when a dudes punches another dude!

I've just seen situations too often where a girl is on some psycho low self esteem trip and just starts harrassing some poor dude out of nowhere definatly for no valid reason .
And suddenly some " tough" guys , immediatly interfere and start punching the dude.

Just can't stand that shit.

Trust me when I say, I am not being a smartass here, I am just stating what I believe to be logically correct.

Why do men often feel an urge to protect women?

About 200,000 years of human evolution give or take. We have been beasts for nearly all of that time and civilized for only the last few thousand. You cannot breed out the instincts of thousands of years in that short time. We were hunter/gatherers. We collected food. We collected a mate. And we protected that mate. Later humans developed pack mentalities and community, but they always protected what they perceived to be the weaker sex...the women. Having us dress up in fancy suits and talk real nice for a few hundred years is not likely to change that. ;)

Dude, even my wife would tell me to give that guy a beating as well!

I just do not get all your talk about not getting involved, waiting for the cops etc....

I didn't say that,

I hate people that dont get involved and or encourage beating up people just as much

I deeply advocate getting involved , i'm just very much against playing judge and executioner yourself, we have police and a justice system for a reason.

If this guys friend just walks out of the club and sees Huerta stomping his friends head, whats to hold against him if he picks up a bat and hits huerta in the head with it?

I am good with what Huerta did, "the victim" did it at the edge of the pack as noted, got a free and clear sucker punch on a woman half his size and thought he was scot free.

The one thing he did not count on is a pro MMA fighter half his size was there to beat his ass

I recon that guy will think twice next time because you know what? It could be your sister or girlfriend near that jack ass.

I didn't say that,

I hate people that dont get involved and or encourage beating up people just as much

I deeply advocate getting involved , i'm just very much against playing judge and executioner yourself, we have police and a justice system for a reason.

If this guys friend just walks out of the club and sees Huerta stomping his friends head, whats to hold against him if he picks up a bat and hits huerta in the head with it?

absolutly nothing!

but keep changing the topic of your argument.

Trust me when I say, I am not being a smartass here, I am just stating what I believe to be logically correct.

About 200,000 years of human evolution give or take. We have been beasts for nearly all of that time and civilized for only the last few thousand. You cannot breed out the instincts of thousands of years in that short time. We were hunter/gatherers. We collected food. We collected a mate. And we protected that mate. Later humans developed pack mentalities and community, but they always protected what they perceived to be the weaker sex...the women. Having us dress up in fancy suits and talk real nice for a few hundred years is not likely to change that. ;)

That very interesting we can abolish slavery, give women and African american equal rights and as a nation we strives for equality and peace. We can make all these leaps and bounds but when it comes to this small incident its a primal instinct we have. I would have disagree that may have held want from sometime but I believe it more nurture rather than nature.

We are program this way by media and past beliefs of the days of gentlemen and ladies. The nature part of your argument is a small part but all honest we fuel this flaw for personal insecurities. We won't hold are self countable or at high stander we will just make excuses.

That very interesting we can abolish slavery, give women and African american equal rights and as a nation we strives for equality and peace. We can make all these leaps and bounds but when it comes to this small incident its a primal instinct we have. I would have disagree that may have held want from sometime but I believe it more nurture rather than nature.

We are program this way by media and past beliefs of the days of gentlemen and ladies. The nature part of your argument is a small part but all honest we fuel this flaw for personal insecurities. We won't hold are self countable or at high stander we will just make excuses.
You have to be kidding right? If that was your mother,sister, friend, wife you would be ok with nothing? Or very little? If the answer is no then you are a hypocrite.
If your answer is yes then I really dont know what to tell you. Good luck in life.

absolutly nothing!

but keep changing the topic of your argument.

I'm not changing anything, i use that example to show how stupid it is to validate someone taking right in his own hands. Because by that you validate the next person doing the same.

. We can make all these leaps and bounds but when it comes to this small incident its a primal instinct we have. I would have disagree that may have held want from sometime but I believe it more nurture rather than nature.

guy ko women and you call it a small incident. WTF!

what does it take be a major incident? WW3!

I'm not changing anything, i use that example to show how stupid it is to validate someone taking right in his own hands. Because by that you validate the next person doing the same.

The bottom line is that you will just stand by and watch and critise the guy that will not stand by and will react.

Yeah, you are right! he is the coward and you are in the right.

You will just watch your friend get a beating as well.

I can't disagree on this, but i feel this is about protecting someone already in your " pack" , say your mother or a friend.

I think the situation is different when its an unknown woman like in this case , and i think the showing off/ impressing factor is way higher in that case than the protective feeling .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back