Roger Huerta in street fight

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by teamcarvalho, Aug 4, 2010.

1. teamcarvalho

teamcarvalho Green Belt

2. max13

max13 _

Good for Huerta, I think he did the right thing. That is one of the few instances that it is okay to attack someone...

3. Shemhazai

Shemhazai Black Belt

LOL @ taking the time to remove his shirt.

Kind of lame to chase down a guy and brutalize him like that, though. Even if he did deserve it.

4. RibCrusher**

RibCrusher** Orange Belt

what the fuck is lame about that?

sorry, but if you see some woman get punched out by a dude and don't do shit then you are not much of a man.

maybe it is an american thing.

5. CajunJudoka

CajunJudoka Judo Brown BJJ Brown

Good for Huerta! You should never hit a girl like that.

6. Higher Learning

Higher Learning Brown Belt

props to roger, dude deserved it

7. Mumrik

Mumrik Silver Belt

8. Daveb

Daveb Purple Belt

Lame? A guy punches a girl he deserves a good head stomping. Whatever pain he inflicted on the woman he should receive back 10 fold in my opinion... but I'm a huge Charles Bronson fan

9. tlrnick

tlrnick Orange Belt

Good for Roger, hitting Women is a big No No. I hope no criminal charges stem from this beat down, that dude deserved it.

10. Shemhazai

Shemhazai Black Belt

I'm not saying that nothing should be done, I just think stomping the head of an already unconscious dude is totally uncalled for, even if he did hit a woman (once, without even knocking her out). Maybe if he was in the process of beating the shit out of her, and I had to intervene with any level of force necessary to save the woman, sure - I'd find the nearest tire iron and beat the fucker to a pulp if need be. Chasing the guy down (which pretty much waives any legal justification, BTW) and scrambling his brains like that, though ... maybe I'm not enough of a sexist to see the justification for it.

That being said, my inner, primal self still found it kind of awesome.

11. teamcarvalho

teamcarvalho Green Belt

Yeah but I just saw it today....like 5 minutes before I posted it.

12. Mumrik

Mumrik Silver Belt

That's why I don't get what you meant by "I just saw this a while ago"...

Nevermind.

13. teamcarvalho

teamcarvalho Green Belt

A while ago could mean 5 minutes or it could be a year

14. TalkShowOnMute

TalkShowOnMute dancingonthecorpsesashes

Good for him. I glad he beat that ass.

15. Respeezy

Respeezy Purple Belt

I personally have great disgust for guys , that somehow see situations like this as a showcase to show how manly they are and somehow think they will fuck the girl afterwards because she will see him as this great hero that stood up for her and instantly fall in love with him.

I am against hitting a woman and i think it needs to be a last resort, but if you dont know what the situation is i suggest when you see a guy hitting a woman, you break them up.
    You just don't know the situation and what she did.

When a woman is drunk and starts hitting me, ok i will either take her down or put her in a rnc , but please believe it that if a woman attacks me with a weapon or one of my friends shes getting knocked out like a dude.

I Mean seriously , would you do the same if a random dude gets punched....no you wouldnt.
    So what makes this different, are you suddenly the moral knight that defends the weak? Or is it just a testosterone thing where man see a chance to impress woman.

I'll be the first to get between people , dudes or a dude on a girl and ask them whatsup, and yes if a girl gets punched just for talking or something like that theres a big chance i'll get in a fight , but definatly the same when a dudes punches another dude!

I've just seen situations too often where a girl is on some psycho low self esteem trip and just starts harrassing some poor dude out of nowhere definatly for no valid reason .
    And suddenly some " tough" guys , immediatly interfere and start punching the dude.

Just can't stand that shit.

16. Dono**

Dono** Banned Banned

Actually, I do know the situation.

He was trying to hit on the girl, she was having none of it and walked off. He followed her, and hit her.

Huerta was in the right.

17. Bunique4life05

Bunique4life05 White Belt

Now I am problem going to get some slack for this but....whatever. I think Roger Huerta went at this the wrong way in my opinion. I feel really bad for the girl that she got hurt but guy or girl your asking from trouble if your walking around a heated altercation. This all started over brawl out side of club. If your going hang round at the edge of brawl expect to get hurt or even worse killed. Your at a club with group strangers you don't know their background of for that matter what their intentions are. People tend live on naive notion that nothings going to happen type of mentality. If brawl was happing out side club you should leave scene and called the cops. Especially if your person not fit to depend yourself.

Now on Roger anger or not he assault the man just like the man assault the woman. Those I don't believe you should walk away but he could easily and his friends apprehended the guy and let the cops deal with him. Yes this may seem like a pussy weigh to deal with situation. But there are many incidents where this goes bad for everyone involved. Again I feel bad for the women hell I would feel bad if it was guy either way if stay on side of ignorance you run risk of that ignorance falling back on you.

We all talk about never hit women but never talk that women had no place to be there in first place as well as everyone else.:icon_neut

18. Respeezy

Respeezy Purple Belt

Who gave Huerta the right to be the judge and punish the guy?
    Like the guy above said , let him hold the guy till the cops get there.

I'd like to add something , i suddenly feel he's a f*ng moron .
    You represent a whole sport and than you go show the rest of the world that its true that Fighters are a bunch of agressive meatheads that can't control there emotions.

Job well done Roger Huerta.

19. Higher Learning

Higher Learning Brown Belt

:icon_cry2

20. Bunique4life05

Bunique4life05 White Belt

I agree 95 percent. We don't live in world of gentlemen and ladies, or knights and fair maids. The world we live in is filled with bunch of insecure, irrational, ignorant and seriously flawed people.