Roger Gracie VS Gordan Ryan

Was that before or after Danaher announced he'd be doing a gi set of DVDs, too?

Just sayin'.

Also, it's pretty clear he idolizes Danaher. I'm more curious about what the average Renzo student says.

This was when Gordon said he would be doing Gi World's. People were asking if he was going to switch to Atos or something.

If there was hype around anything Danaher at that point it was probably his heel hooks stuff. Might have been before that.

There is a podcast around with Roger and he speaks about how he prepared and game planned for the Buchecha. I don't recall all the details but I know i was amazed how Roger was able to game-plan for Buchecha in such perfect detail and have a strategy to beat him. That has me sold Roger would study Gordon's trickery expose a weakness and defeat him. Also Roger is like inhuman strong, I remember Comprido talking about when he faced him. He said it felt like an animal had grabbed him.

There is a podcast around with Roger and he speaks about how he prepared and game planned for the Buchecha. I don't recall all the details but I know i was amazed how Roger was able to game-plan for Buchecha in such perfect detail and have a strategy to beat him. That has me sold Roger would study Gordon's trickery expose a weakness and defeat him. Also Roger is like inhuman strong, I remember Comprido talking about when he faced him. He said it felt like an animal had grabbed him.

yeah, as some of us mentioned on the roger gracie tv thread, Roger is remarkably calm. Like Mr. Rogers calm

yeah, as some of us mentioned on the roger gracie tv thread, Roger is remarkably calm. Like Mr. Rogers calm

Tarsis getting all pumped up and Roger responding in complete, blank indifference prior to their match, is what always comes to my mind in regard :D.

Also Roger is like inhuman strong, I remember Comprido talking about when he faced him. He said it felt like an animal had grabbed him.
Didn't Roger tear someone's gi apart while cross choking them from mount? I don't remember if it was Worlds or not but I am 99% sure he had a match with someone (maybe Romulo?) and as he applied the cross choke there was so much power that he ripped the back of the gi which ironically took away the base/back-stop of the choke so he had to let go.

Was that before or after Danaher announced he'd be doing a gi set of DVDs, too?

Just sayin'.

Also, it's pretty clear he idolizes Danaher. I'm more curious about what the average Renzo student says.
I've also heard Dave Camarillo say John Danaher teaches Judo better than anyone he knows (but this was 2011/2012 so he may have a different opinion now.) Dave used to make his students do one private lesson with Danaher before promoting them to black belt but this also may not be true anymore.

I've only known one person to do a gi private with Danaher but they got a lot of out of it.

He (Gordon) almost plays a Gi style No-Gi outside of his the leg entanglements.
He absolutely does. There's a guy in town that runs an Atos affiliate and he pretty much hates no-gi but he loves Gordon because "Gordon plays no-gi like it's gi."

Also I'm pretty sure that Gordon has only leg locked Cyborg and Aly in the past 2 years. He moved away from heel hooks and pretty much only chokes everyone now.

Didn't Roger tear someone's gi apart while cross choking them from mount? I don't remember if it was Worlds or not but I am 99% sure he had a match with someone (maybe Romulo?) and as he applied the cross choke there was so much power that he ripped the back of the gi which ironically took away the base/back-stop of the choke so he had to let go.

He tore Drysdale's sleeve in half lengthwise.

It's tough to say because I haven't seen Roger compete in a while. On paper Roger should be the obvious choice. But I don't know if age has caught up to him yet.

Honestly, if they can make a match with Buchecha, I don't see why someone can't put the money up for this match. I'd pay for a PPV to watch that.

Gordon is not toe to toe in the wrestling department with any high level wrestler, let alone Olympic, that’s ridiculous.

He's good enough for BJJ. Not good enough for nationals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back