Roger Gracie Half Guard Passes (vid)

have you tried lifting your leg instead of stretching it.

Next time try walking your foot to the guys butt your leg should be at 90 degrees. you will see your opponents hip rise off the mat. then all you do is push his legs off your knee, he will slide down to your ankle.
after that just follow what TS said and you be ok.

i think this guy did a very good job explaining this technique, but i feel he forgot to mention that height (length of your legs) can cause some problems.

i use this pass every class and on every person. so i feel very comfortable with it.
Thing is, when I say they "clamped down on it," it was almost lockdown style. I had a hard time even bringing my knee up? My leg was sort of locked in a straight position. I was eventually able to threaten some other stuff, get them to forget about my leg, and then post it. But a couple of times when I went to push their leg off my knee they'd kind of squirm, bump, push, etc. and I would have to straighten it for a second and they'd clamp down again. I know what your saying and I try exactly that most of the time. Just something I need to keep working on I guess.

Are there any videos of Roger dealing with the knee shield from half guard?

Another great post from TrumpetDan

Back