roger gracie grappling record on wiki

TrumpetDan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was looking at Rogers grappling record on wiki and thought it needed an update. It certainly didnt reflect his accomplishments as a black belt.

I need some help with a few matches. He had a few mundials 2005 matches that have seemingly since been forgotten. Can anybody tell me his matches prior to his victories against saulo, xande and jacare? If anybody has the DVD's could you have a look please? I think I may be missing a fight from 04 too.

Roger Gracie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the Corleta fight was in 04...but im just guessing. I listed the year as a "?"

No help here, but I'm eager to see your updates, TrumpetDan. There needs to be a single reliable site for all BJJ matches-- though I kind of enjoy that our art is so esoteric that we don't have one, widely used or known, yet.

Good luck finding them!

No help here, but I'm eager to see your updates, TrumpetDan. There needs to be a single reliable site for all BJJ matches-- though I kind of enjoy that our art is so esoteric that we don't have one, widely used or known, yet.

Good luck finding them!

BJJheroes?

BJJheroes?

BJJ Heroes is great, undoubtedly (I'm on it currently). I was thinking more of a completely comprehensive list-- the way boxing has boxrec, and MMA has a variety of sites, etc.

BJJheroes?

I found that site to be a little inaccurate. Taking a look at rogers listing for example...off the top of my head...

He did not get his black belt in 2004 from carlos gracie jr. (Roger Gracie Academy Buckinghamshire - UK History)

He did not submit all 8 opponents at ADCC 2005. Only in the absolute did he win all his matches by submission. Xande was submitted by roger (match can easily be found on youtube) and roger won on points in his division (cant be found easily online).

His match with Leo was super super heavy, not super heavy. (Ibjjf.org)

He did not submit all 8 opponents at ADCC 2005. Only in the absolute did he win all his matches by submission. Xande was submitted by roger (match can easily be found on youtube) and roger won on points in his division (cant be found easily online)..

Erm wat? and you call yourself a Roger fan... it was 8 from 8, no match of his was won by points at adcc 2005. roger submitted xande twice by rnc in adcc 2005.

roger got his black belt from the hands of Renzo but at the behest of Carlinhos, not in 2004 as you say since he was competing in the black belt mundials at 2003.

iirc Xande beat Roger by an advantage at the 2006 pan ams.

Last edited:
you are right tho, is a bit of a mess, has rodrigo medeiros on one line and comprido on the next...

and demente is in there under 2 names

Last edited:
Just so I don't open another topic... I hope you guys can made clear this question. I sometimes hear that Roger losed to Einemo by choke, in 2003... is this true? And was he already a black belt at the time?

Just so I don't open another topic... I hope you guys can made clear this question. I sometimes hear that Roger losed to Einemo by choke, in 2003... is this true? And was he already a black belt at the time?
No, Einemo beat Roger by points in 2003. He took him down, passed his guard and took his back. Roger has not been subbed in competition since he was a blue belt IIRC.

Roger lost to Einemo at 2003, but by points, not by submission.

I think he was just a black belt by then, but I could be wrong. Einemo was a Purple Belt at the time though, I think. Maybe even Blue. Not really too sure on the Roger Saga (TM) pre-2005. ^_^

Jon Olav beat him on points, by 2 PTs, can't recall the score tho. He had Rogers back for quite a while. Roger hasn't been submitted since he was a blue belt.

I think he was still brown then (he was a black belt by the mundials in any case), jon Olav was a blue belt iirc, he had won the 2001 blue belt absolute at the mundials but didn't really train in the gi that much.

Roger lost to Einemo at 2003, but by points, not by submission.

I think he was just a black belt by then, but I could be wrong. Einemo was a Purple Belt at the time though, I think. Maybe even Blue. Not really too sure on the Roger Saga (TM) pre-2005. ^_^

whaaat? a purple belt (i dare not think blue) einemo beat a bb roger?

dear god.

Erm wat? and you call yourself a Roger fan... it was 8 from 8, no match of his was won by points at adcc 2005. roger submitted xande twice by rnc in adcc 2005.

I am a fan of roger in the gi. I was going with what his record said but its apparently wrong too.

To keep this thread interesting, here is a brown belt Roger against a black belt Demian Maia in 2002 in the brown/black div of the teams championships:

Roger vs Demian

I am a fan of roger in the gi. I was going with what his record said but its apparently wrong too.

I've updated ADCC 2005 on there now. Definitely 8 from 8. I watched all 8 live so am pretty sure :)

Will have a look at the other years/comps.

Back