Rogan: Weight cutting is sanctioned cheating. It's cheating at a much higher scale than PEDs

Is he refering to worse as in an unfair advantage for the weightcutter, or worse for the fighters health?

I don't think Joe understands what cheating is.....

Making weight is cheating? It's hard to stretch stupidity this far.

Says the guy whos on testosterone, HGH, and God knows what else.
Id almost guarantee he is also on IGF, or some sort of peptide

Good thing the guy that knows a lot about all that stuff is not a fighter, then, right?

He's not in competition though.
Im just saying he has either a conscious or unconscious bias that is shining through.
To completely dismiss the advantage steroids gives is ridiculous.
Everyone is cutting weight.

I get his point but weight cutting is older than steroids

Grandfathered in but sport would be better if it was limited.

Chael talked about how not cutting weigjt when fighting at HW almost felt like a disadvantage mentally - that there is a certain mindset that opens to you when going through the rigors of weight cutting that stays with you through the fight.

It's true.

If a guy could cut 50lbs and fight @ 155.......His fight night weight was 205lbs come fight night.......That is way more strength/power than any PEDs could give you.

Sure I picked an extreme example but if somebody is a good weight cutter, you can't do anything to them, no matter how much BS it is.

Im just saying he has either a conscious or unconscious bias that is shining through.
To completely dismiss the advantage steroids gives is ridiculous.
Everyone is cutting weight.
He's not on testosterone and HGH because he's trying to get jacked, he's 50, doesn't produce testosterone like he should and has hasimotos disease. He's been against weight cutting for a very long time and since he hosts a 3 hour podcast sometimes he tries to bring up the same subject but come at it from a different angle. Maybe this one is a little out there and you definitely dont have to agree but calling him bias against steroids and peds is a little ridiculous imo.

Says the guy whos on testosterone, HGH, and God knows what else.
Id almost guarantee he is also on IGF, or some sort of peptide

He's not competing in anything you goof. It's not cheating if you're not competing.

If its sanctioned its not cheating

Rogan's mind is gone, vanished into clouds of the devil's letus.

No, but hes got an obvious bias towards the use of steroids.

No he doesn't. He's very against the use of any banned PED in competition. He didn't like TRT when that was legal either. However he admits to using TRT now. Why? Because he's 50 something and he's not competing in anything.

I suggest one of you halfwits walk into a ring with someone that cut 20lbs to your weight then come back talk about how it isnt cheating.

Back