Rogan thinks Jorge/Wonderboy was close lol

Rewatch it, it was fairly close. Masvidal was landing good shots throughout the fight, Wonderboy was just landing a bit more of them but the lead was never huge or dominant. You can have a close fight with a clear winner, that's what Wonderboy vs Masvidal was. You can even have a close 30-27 if each round is close.

Joe’s just confusing the WB decision to the other decision losses which many of them were splits. The WB decision was a legit L for Jorge.

Why would he say something so stupid....

not good

Yea that's what I mean not before the 3 piece thing but when it happened thats when I noticed a lot more fans. Then after that he KO'd Ben and now everyone loves the guy.

Yup, weirdly got more fans for sucker-punching a guy backstage than he did scoring a fantastic KO against a beast like Till.

Masvidal was always the east coast Diaz brother for me

Real, fun fighter to watch, journey man record with quite a few losses, but still a legit fighter you can get behind regardless of W/L record.

Capable of beating anyone on any given night, but usually will lose to top-tier fighters

Then the Darren Till KO in London + the 3 piece and a soda + the Askren KO propelled him

People forget that was only 3 fights ago for Jorge, now people claiming he should get the TS after getting 3-26'd lol.

Like I said, the most popular 2-fight win streak Ive seen in a long time here on sherdog.

Right. Shit's hilarious

Yup, weirdly got more fans for sucker-punching a guy backstage than he did scoring a fantastic KO against a beast like Till.

lol I didn't think about it like that but it's true.

in mma, all it takes is a few good wins, and you're right back in there....thompson is done...while mas is on the verge of a title shot....thompson had his chances, now it's mas' turn...if they fought now, who knows how the fight would go...fighters improve all the time.

Yep. That's a big part of why I love the sport. The variables when you put two fighters together in the cage... Where they're at in their careers, the quality of their performance on the night, how their styles match up etc. Look at Stefan Struve vs Stipe, does anyone think that Stefan wins that fight a second time? He's gone 4-6 since then and been on the end of some truly devastating KOs.

He kind of reminds me a tad bit like cowboy. Up and down but always tries his best. I try to avoid the "he just lost he's now a bum" mindset. I really like Robbie Lawler and he had some losses where people made it like the sky was falling and he went on to win a title.

He kind of reminds me a tad bit like cowboy. Up and down but always tries his best. I try to avoid the "he just lost he's now a bum" mindset. I really like Robbie Lawler and he had some losses where people made it like the sky was falling and he went on to win a title.

I actually think the big problem with Masvidal is that he doesn't always try his best. He's notorious for coasting in fights he's more than capable of winning and going on to let fights slip away from him. It's looking like he's turned a corner now but only time will tell.

Everyone is noticing Masvidal all of a sudden and trying to act like they’ve been fans of his forever.

Masvidal had very few fans before the Askren KO.
He gained a decent amount of fans in the Cowboy fight. That along with this video
made me a fan at least.

Rogan is talking nonsense. Thompson won that fight easily and he coasted, clearly won every round.

Last edited:
Joe is probably mixing things up because Jorge has quite a few split decision losses (and wins for that matter) which were close and Wonderboy in recent years has had some staring contest/sparring session type fights that could have been scored either way. But the Masvidal/Thompson fight was a clear win for Wonderboy.

Rogan is a shill confirmed. It's sad to see but he's pitiful when he says stuff like this on an almost daily basis now.

He says Masvidal lost a "real close decision"...yet the next sentence says he wishes he could remember how the fight went down. lol

Masvidal vs Wonderboy was a close fight, but Jones vs Santos was an obvious win for Jones?

In his defense, Wonderboy was in point fighting mode and landed a lot of barely significant stuff. I don’t believe it was close, but it wasn’t a wipeout either.

Rewatch it, it was fairly close. Masvidal was landing good shots throughout the fight, Wonderboy was just landing a bit more of them but the lead was never huge or dominant. You can have a close fight with a clear winner, that's what Wonderboy vs Masvidal was. You can even have a close 30-27 if each round is close.

Nah he wasn't landing shit. I hate Wonderboy and am a big Masvidal fan so when I watched it, I was highly biased towards Masvidal. But he got whipped plain and simple, it was no contest.

Rogan is talking nonsense. Thompson won that fight easily and he coasted, clearly won every round.

For sure. Wonderboy is one of the few people you won't hear Gamebred talk shit about. He does some call outs but Wonderboy is not one of them. <45>

I give Rogan a pass. Numerous times I have remembered fights a certain way and when I rewatch them it's not even close to what I remembered it.

Back