Rogan thinks Jorge/Wonderboy was close lol

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Rogan claims Masvidal/Wonderboy was close, even though Thompson won all 3 rounds on all 3 judges scorecards (even getting a 10-8 from one judge in round 3). Jorge didn't win a minute of that fight, got dropped a few times and got outclassed all the way through.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/8552/Stephen-Thompson-vs-Jorge-Masvidal

Only one site gave Jorge a round.

Time to put Rogan out to pasture.

Everyone is noticing Masvidal all of a sudden and trying to act like they’ve been fans of his forever.

Masvidal had very few fans before the Askren KO.

on the podcast he says he remember it being close but can't exactly remember

Rogan is full of shit 4 out of 5 times.
Nothing new to see here.

on the podcast he says he remember it being close but can't exactly remember

Yep.

Shame on Rogan for not remembering every fight in detail, and even admitting to that ...

Rogan claims Masvidal/Wonderboy was close, even though Thompson won all 3 rounds on all 3 judges scorecards (even getting a 10-8 from one judge in round 3). Jorge didn't win a minute of that fight, got dropped a few times and got outclassed all the way through.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/8552/Stephen-Thompson-vs-Jorge-Masvidal

Only one site gave Jorge a round.

Time to put Rogan out to pasture.

in mma, all it takes is a few good wins, and you're right back in there....thompson is done...while mas is on the verge of a title shot....thompson had his chances, now it's mas' turn...if they fought now, who knows how the fight would go...fighters improve all the time.

Everyone is noticing Masvidal all of a sudden and trying to act like they’ve been fans of his forever.

I think most of them jumped on board after the 2 piece and a soda shit happened. Personally, i like and respect all the guys that i know for a fact came from the streets. Jorge has had a few super memorable moments in his mma career before the Till and Askren fights that he never really got credit for. Namely fucking destroying cowboy (i realize this is like 13 years into his career, it was just epic and worth noting)

he would have so many more fans if he didnt get robbed a few times. At least 2 or 3 of those SD should have been his and his TKO loss is one of the worst stoppages ive ever seen. I would say you could probably take at least 5 L's and make them W's on his record...or at least just NOT L's

This. Masvidal is on a roll no doubt but his bandwagon filled up faster than the stack of plates Roy Nelson leaves at a buffet.

Rogan always gets swept up in the hype when a fighter is riding a wave of success (Once ever human being etc). The funny thing is he always recognises it after the fact when said fighter falls off, but can never stop himself the next time a fighter has a few impressive wins.

Talk about reaching lol Rogan says he doesn't remember, but wishes he did remember how the bout went. The guy calls 100's of live fights a year, he's not going to recall every single one of them.

People forget that was only 3 fights ago for Jorge, now people claiming he should get the TS after getting 3-26'd lol.

Like I said, the most popular 2-fight win streak Ive seen in a long time here on sherdog.

Fans are fickle. This is nothing new. Some have been aware of Jorge for a long time though. I remember being amused by his backyard stuff, and being blown away that he had a ko win over Yves Edwards. Fast forward a few years and I was rooting for him to dethrone Gilbert Melendez and then being disappointed in how Jorge fought timidly due to the hand injury.

Rogan always gets swept up in the hype when a fighter is riding a wave of success (Once ever human being etc). The funny thing is he always recognises it after the fact when said fighter falls off, but can never stop himself the next time a fighter has a few impressive wins.

Why would he stop himself? To please Sherdoggers? Seriously, he's not supposed to be impartial. He's not supposed to be the rational expert - he's the color commentator. He's literally there to be knowledgable AND emotional.

Are you suggesting that after he realized Ronda wasn't a "once in a lifetime" he's supposed to go "oh no, never again can I be enthusiastic!!" ?

I think part of it is that some people thought Till would get back on track against him. Masvidal did get dropped in that fight. It was a great comeback and a surprising win. It put him on people's radar. Then the hype train rolls up and he is the second coming. But who knows? Maybe he is putting it all together now.

Nah he got a lot of fans before that. The three piece thing is when he started getting recognition.

Nah he got a lot of fans before that. The three piece thing is when he started getting recognition.
I don't recall much fanfare at all before the 3 piece thing. Of course it could be my own ignorance.

I don't recall much fanfare at all before the 3 piece thing. Of course it could be my own ignorance.

Yea that's what I mean not before the 3 piece thing but when it happened thats when I noticed a lot more fans. Then after that he KO'd Ben and now everyone loves the guy.

Back