Rogan: There is a lack of talent in WMMA

She would

Bruce Lee was an actor

And you're not an informed poster but you play one on sherdog. Bruce was a pioneer in martial arts and then become an actor. Just like your hero Honda minus the pioneer part

There's also a lack of interest too

A lot of people clamoring for Tim Johnson vs Rosholt? Or did you mean all the buzz about Francisco Riviera vs John Lineker??

Tate vs ____
PVZ vs ____
Polish Jedi vs _____
Michelle Waterson vs _____
Ronda vs _____
Zingano vs ______

All appeal to the casual fan due to pretty+violence. Meanwhile, in your world, there's no appeal or interest. As a casual to name lightweight fighters. Then ask them to name female fighters. I can almost guarantee what you'll get is a welterweight, a featherweight, maybe an actual lightweight (probably BJ Penn) and then Ronda and Tate.

Like I said before....
He said the same thing about Heavyweights, and I hear nobody bitching about them when they're on TV or PPVs.

image.png

I suspect Joe holds a lot back out of respect for Dana, who he professes to consider a friend, but I sincerely doubt he fears him or his wrath on any level.

While Joe has unleashed many steaming piles of promotion on UFC broadcasts, he has politely and delicately "kept it real" on his podcast with issues where he clearly disagreed with Dana.

Yeah I agree I don't think Rogan is afraid of Dana Baldfather like that. Apparently he's set for life to do everything he wants: train, smoke weed, and do comedy. But as a friend and employee I don't think he wants to tread too much on Dana's toes. He's very indebted to the exposure and lifestyle that the UFC job has given him and he's thankful for that, hence he tows the company line when appropriate.

He said the same thing about Heavyweights, and I hear nobody bitching about them when they're on TV or PPVs.

Yeah a lot of heavy weights are pretty bad too, but their power makes up for their sloppy skills. When you watch a HW match any strike could be the fight ending strike and it's the anticipation of the KO that makes it exciting.

He's very indebted to the exposure and lifestyle that the UFC job has given him and he's thankful for that, hence he tows the company line when appropriate.

Rogan was a multimillionaire because of the syndication money from Fear Factor way before he did anything with the UFC. He did quite a few of the first events for free.

It's the UFC who is indebted to Rogan.

You cannot possibly compare WBW with the HW division for talent and excitement. We've seen Fedor, CroCop, Big Nog, AA, Werdum, Cain, etc. All they have at WBW of that caliber is Ronda. I know you're trying to make a point but it's a bad one. Plus plenty of people were disgusted by Johnson/Rosholt and even Mir/Duffee.

The b.s. hype machine is what pays his bills.
He's always firs aboard the hyper train.

This isn't true. He doesn't need ufc money at all. He openly discusses his disdain for the Reebok deal which has gotten others fired. He openly talks about mismatches. He says Fedor is the best heavyweight ever. I mean the list goes on how Rogan just says what he feels. But whenever he says something that aligns with the UFC people call him a shill and a company man.

There's a lack of talent in a lot of the Men's divisions as well...

30 Ranked WBW fighters on the planet. 500 ranked men at BW and FW.

This is the skill level of a guy I train with who isn't even ranked at FW meaning he is outside the top 500. He is fighting an Australian Olympic Judoka

Rogan was a multimillionaire because of the syndication money from Fear Factor way before he did anything with the UFC. He did quite a few of the first events for free.

It's the UFC who is indebted to Rogan.

I think we're both a little off. I just checked, his first big role was on News Radio in 1995-99, he started working for the UFC in 1997, and hosted Fear Factor from 2001-2006. I know he was into martial arts since he was a kid, but his current lifestyle hanging with UFC fighters, training with Eddie Bravo, doing podcasts with UFC fighters and MMA personalities... all stems from his work with the UFC.

Rogan has his moments of clarity now and again. Ooopss...spoke too soon. There goes the Zuffa ball sack back in his talking box.

I feel like more and more, Rogan just doesn't give a fuck anymore. Good for him.

Sure. Why doesn't Rogan talk about the Reebok deal?

That's be evidence he doesn't give a fuck.

There is a lack of talent in all MMA

Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones, Aldo, RDA all went undefeated for YEARS, they ran through everyone, they had no serious threats, they were a level above their competition just like Ronda. It's a double standard whether ya'll want to admit it or not

There is a lack of talent in all MMA

Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones, Aldo, RDA all went undefeated for YEARS, they ran through everyone, they had no serious threats, they were a level above their competition just like Ronda. It's a double standard whether ya'll want to admit it or not

Incorrect. Andersons MW division has 300 ranked fighters. Jon Jones division has 250, Aldo's division has over 500, RDA's the same.

WBW has 30 ranked opponents. Your post is factually incorrect.

I'll re-post my self because it perfectly illustrates what you fail to understand.

30 Ranked WBW fighters on the planet. 500 ranked men at BW and FW.

This is the skill level of a guy I train with who isn't even ranked at FW meaning he is outside the top 500. He is fighting an Australian Olympic Judoka

He is spot on there.

Yep, would have gone with Nunes.

Maybe they didn't want to do two Brazilians in a row?? Or, they simply thought that Holly's credentials would make for better "promo hype"? I agree that Amanda has a much better chance in a fight against Ronda, but Amanda wasn't brought into the UFC with the specific intent to face Ronda in the near future, Holly was.

That said, Sherdog is so full of shit .. not too long ago Ronda was frequently accused of ducking Holly, and Holly was exalted as the one to get it done. Now after two underwhelming performances Holly has been anointed with the "can status", so we are gonna see thread after thread quoting MMA journalists who say Holly ain't ready.

Holly is about as ready as she will EVER be, at 33 she doesn't have another year or two to improve, and suddenly pose a greater threat to Ronda. And again, this is what Holly came to the UFC for, and now she's gonna get it.

Back