Rogan: There is a lack of talent in WMMA

maybe they are more then friends?

Not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that-Seinfield-300x220.jpg

One of the best Seinfield eps.

:Rogan:
-Admits Wmma lacks talent
-Proclaims Ronda the greatest female athlete ever
:Rogan:
I talk a lot of shit about Rogan too but I realize he's between a rock and a hard place. He wants to be the straight talking guy who keeps it real but he works for some lowlifes who will make him pay for that and make up for it. Even Rogan isn't above Dana Baldfather's petty wrath.

Quoting what Rogan says on the Fight Companion to get an article. Outstanding.

RR being the most dominant athlete in woman's sports. Is fighting the #10th ranked girl again? If you buy this PPV your a jagoff. Whats up with employees like Rogan, Schaub and Kennedy being able to criticize the UFC? Did they really learn a lesson about bad PR after the Stitch and @FReebok stuff? I can hardly believe it. Maybe stuff is changing. The fight being bullshit will not change however. Its just gross.

She was ring magazines female fighter of the year twice, wbf, wban, wbc, nabf, gbu, wiba, ifba, iba boxing champion in welterweight, light welterweight, light middleweight divisions.

Impressive.
Holm 2nd K.o.

Why is Rogan pushing this double standard. Holly Holms actual ability doesn't matter. She's a woman, she's in the division, therefore she's automatically great at her job.

Rogan's getting his walking papers soon...

He's already said on previous podcasts that he doesn't want to do MMA commentating forever. He's got his fingers in many other pies (podcasts/comedy/supplements). With his time split, he's not as up to speed on MMA news as other commentators are, and he's becoming more and more vocal about the UFC's decisions and matchmaking.

The UFC have smartly trained up a stable of yes men who are ready to take his coveted spot (Florian, Hardy, Stann). It's only a matter of time before Rogan pushes the envelope too far and gets sacked.

I agree with Rogan's thoughts on the Reebok deal and WMMA, but you can't keep talking shit about your employer without being reprimanded.

^^ This is a perfect post!! After he began ripping the Reebok deal I had a feeling something was up with him. But after this?? I'm very curious to see how this plays out. I'm sure Dana's going to open up on him eventually.

Nunes would have been SIQ. oh well.

He'll be singing a different tune when he has to hype the fight.

I'll have a vomit bag ready for when Rogan and Goldie begin the sickening hyperbolic hyperbole once Ronda starts walking out. I wonder what cringe inducing over-the-top banter they will come up with next time.

"Lack of talent" is already a very generous way to describe it.

bah I disagree

both WBW and WSW both have more skill and talent already then men's HW.

I talk a lot of shit about Rogan too but I realize he's between a rock and a hard place. He wants to be the straight talking guy who keeps it real but he works for some lowlifes who will make him pay for that and make up for it. Even Rogan isn't above Dana Baldfather's petty wrath.

I suspect Joe holds a lot back out of respect for Dana, who he professes to consider a friend, but I sincerely doubt he fears him or his wrath on any level.

While Joe has unleashed many steaming piles of promotion on UFC broadcasts, he has politely and delicately "kept it real" on his podcast with issues where he clearly disagreed with Dana.

Of course there is a lack of talent. Mens MMA is only 20-25 years old as we know it, women's MMA hasnt had nearly that level of exposure and needless to say, the athletes arent going to be there. Yes, a couple of top athletes show up, but the sport of womens MMA needs time to develop to get divisions as stacked with talent as the mens 145 or 170.

He said the same thing about Heavyweights, and I hear nobody bitching about them when they're on TV or PPVs.

Back