Rogan: There is a lack of talent in WMMA

markg171

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The odds for Rousey vs. Holm (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) speak to the kind of mismatch the experts and public seem to view the match as being. Rousey is a -1450 (14.5-to-11) favorite to Holm’s +900 underdog line, according to BestFightOdds.

While some have tried to prop up Holm’s status as a challenger, others are not buying it. Among those who take issue with Rousey vs. Holm is veteran UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan.

“I don’t agree with that fight,” Rogan said. “The Holly Holm fight, I don’t think that’s smart. I would have gone with Amanda Nunes before Holly Holm. Amanda Nunes looked like a badass when she knocked out Sara McMann. That’s a more dangerous fighter and a more marketable fighter. (Holm) is only the best boxer in the world if Ann Wolfe decides not to box.”

For Rogan, the issue isn’t only that Holm might not be quite as accomplished as Rousey made her out to be when she called her the “most decorated striker we have in all of mixed martial arts,” but that the women’s divisions suffer from a lack of top level talent that can challenge a fighter of Rousey’s skill level.

“The Holly Holm fight is not as intriguing to me as Amanda Nunes would be,” Rogan said. “Her big issue is the grappling. Who knows, though? You never know. Maybe Holly, because her standup is so much more refined and she’s been doing it for so much longer, maybe she can keep Ronda away from her. I’m serious. I just think the real problem is that there’s a lack of talent.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/joe-rogan-explains-issues-with-ronda-rousey-vs-holly-holm-theres-a-lack-of-talent?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

He'll be singing a different tune when he has to hype the fight.

I feel like more and more, Rogan just doesn't give a fuck anymore. Good for him.

I'm surprised he can admit it after calling Ronda a mythical creature and shit.

There's a lack of talent in a lot of the Men's divisions as well...

There's a lack of talent in a lot of the Men's divisions as well...

Not that far off, actually.

Still, at least most men in the top ten know how to throw a punch. Davis on the other hand...

And Ronda a couple days ago was saying "All the chicks I beat are bad ass, and and great". Lol, okay.

is this before or after he said ronda would beat bruce lee

No shit right

The funniest part of this to me was him saying Ronda called Holm the most decorated striker in all of MMA

The retarded shit that gets said around WMMA I swear....

If you haven't figured it out yet, there is Joe Rogan honest fan and Joe Rogan ufC employee. When they cut the promo holly will be the most fierce world class striker world champion boxer ever.

Context.

No shit right

The funniest part of this to me was him saying Ronda called Holm the most decorated striker in all of MMA

The retarded shit that gets said around WMMA I swear....

Technically, she probably is the most decorated. Doesn't "decorated" mean win a bunch of world title belts and awards and shit?

Back