Rogan teaching Schaub how to strike

Hogan is definitely legit. Those kicks are thrown better than most UFC fighters I've seen.

That's because they aren't relxed and hitting a heavy bag when you see them, but exhausted and fighting another guy who is moving??

Even though this video is not of Rogan showing Schaub striking techniques, why is it annoying? Rogan and Schaub are friends. If your friend was a TKD black belt, state champion and former instructor and you're an MMA fighter looking to add techniques to your arsenal, why not learn from your friend? Joe's kicks are no joke. GSP was even interested to learn from him. It's not like he's selling snake oil or something. Joe is also very transparent in that he doesn't claim to be an MMA instructor and that his speciality is in one very small facet of MMA. I don't see a problem with him passing on knowledge from his years of TKD.

Those kicks he was doing aren't even legal in TKD. You can't kick using your shin In it. You also can't do leg kicks.

Those kicks he was doing aren't even legal in TKD. You can't kick using your shin In it. You also can't do leg kicks.

I bet Schaub is now very disappointed that he can't compete in a TKD tournament.

Oh wait...

Isn't that splitting hairs? The dude can kick and most likely do a great job instructing others how to kick because of his resume.

Regarding your other comment, GSP didn't want to learn a turning side kick from Joe because he beats up heavy bags for a living. How else are you supposed to learn striking techniques if you're not using a bag? Kick the air? Kick your dog? I don't understand the criticism of Joe for kicking a bag. Obviously fighting in a ring against a moving target is different. Who doesn't know that?

He certainly kicks like a black belt, but at the same time, has probably wrestled so little that even I could take him down easily.

Where did this tool go? Says he can take Rogan down easy then abandoned thread

I like Rogan and his kicks are certainly very legit but let's not forget, pads / bags dont hit back. It's easy to look good hitting a bag or in light sparring. Landing good techniques on an opponent that tries to hit you back is a whole different ball game so to speak.

So to act like Joe Rogan is gonna teach Schaud to "strike" as if he is some kind of master of MT / Kickboxing because he throws some legit kicks on a bag is abit ridiculous.

I will say this though, if he lands the spinning back kicks to the liver in a fight like he does on the bag he could certainly KO UFC caliber fighters.

He is legit but let's stop acting like he is some worldchampion in kickboxing or something.

I don't think anyone is. It's just very impressive for a guy who trains casually at his age to have ability like that. I know he had years of experience but majority of people who excel at something don't keep it going forever...especially into their mid 40's, their abilities and will die with family & work commitments. He has some better technique and credentials then a lot of guys who fight full time, that is a serious statement.

The guy is getting more annoying than Steven Seagal with his dumb striking lessons. The last fight Rogan had was 25 years ago as an amateur when he got his ass handed to him.

What's that got to do with anything ? A lot of the best coaches have had very little fight experience and some went to have long shitty fight careers. And just because he hasn't fought has no reflection on his technique or his ability to teach others in certain aspects with legitimate fighting experience.

You think high level judokas, boxers, jui jitsu practitioners, wrestlers, muay thai boxers etc have nothing to offer guys that fight in mma because they have no mma experience ?

12-joe-rogan.jpg

261649_10151491387114051_601736012_n.jpg

At 46 Joe would still fuck up a lot of the lower UFC roster, i'm sure of it

Not that his punching is bad its a little stiff but crisp and fast. His kicking however is top notch from what I can see.

He can def teach fighters how to kick.

True. In particular, his straight punches look a bit pushed (for some reason I feel entitled to criticize Joe's form) Hooks looked scary and, of course, kicks are terrifying.

12-joe-rogan.jpg

261649_10151491387114051_601736012_n.jpg

At 46 Joe would still fuck up a lot of the lower UFC roster, i'm sure of it

Except he wouldn't pass the drug test TRT, HGH, etc. and he admits to it all. It's not hard to look like a beast when you given every bit of help possible.

I like Rogan and his kicks are certainly very legit but let's not forget, pads / bags dont hit back. It's easy to look good hitting a bag or in light sparring. Landing good techniques on an opponent that tries to hit you back is a whole different ball game so to speak.

So to act like Joe Rogan is gonna teach Schaud to "strike" as if he is some kind of master of MT / Kickboxing because he throws some legit kicks on a bag is abit ridiculous.

I will say this though, if he lands the spinning back kicks to the liver in a fight like he does on the bag he could certainly KO UFC caliber fighters.

He is legit but let's stop acting like he is some worldchampion in kickboxing or something.

I'm not going to talk Rogan up at all, but to say he has absolutely no fight experience whatsoever is a disservice to him. He was a multiple time national TKD champ, so he does have fight experience. With that being said he says himself that he's not cut out to be an MMA fighter.
His striking is good enough to set up his kicks, which is all he needs really. Those kicks are fucking powerful.

his punches look pretty fast and as already said his kicks looks powerful, pretty sure Rogan can clear out any random guy on the street

if he was younger i could definitely see him whoopin ass in the ufc as he is now im sure he can i wonder how much he weighs in at doh

He certainly kicks like a black belt, but at the same time, has probably wrestled so little that even I could take him down easily.

I bet his BJJ is good,we just never see videos of him rolling.

Anyone can look good hitting bags and things that don't hit back

Except he wouldn't pass the drug test TRT, HGH, etc. and he admits to it all. It's not hard to look like a beast when you given every bit of help possible.

I don't mind him taking any of that stuff

They enable him to continue living his life like he prefers, despite his age

He has chosen to take his fate into his own hands, and not be captive in his own body.
I can't fault him for this.

And besides, it's most likely not like he is at an advantage if he were to fight a 27 year old. More like on equal footing

GOD DAMN Joe Rogan putting his fucken money where his mouth is. I don't know if most of you are that familiar with striking but those kicks are enough to make most coaches shit themselves. Big Brown, sit Indian-style and take notes.

Yeah he's a very good kicker. I don't doubt he could've done well in mma but even he knows it would never take off from piss test.

Back