Rogan still believing that it's between Jones and Mighty Mouse for GOAT..

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
He said it last weekend, during the broadcast. To any halfway educated fight fan, it's nonsensical..

Despite what his fans may say, Jones testing positive numerous times for PED's disqualifies him from GOAT contention. Simple fact..

In regards to Mighty Mouse, his overall quality of competition during his reign as Flyweight champ, is obviously lacking. Also his refusal to move up to BW despite clearing out his division twice, with a win over Dillashaw and a few defenses at BW his legacy as a fighter would of been boosted tenfold..

So that, leaves the true GOAT contenders. GSP and Fedor..
For me it's Fedor, but I can understand the argument for GSP. Two belts, outright dominance over WW etc..
Rogan, in him bypassing Fedor and GSP for GOAT contention, shows how much of a fucking goof he is.
<bball2>

Yup I’m sure you convinced everyone and the matter is now closed TS

He said it last weekend, during the broadcast. To any halfway educated fight fan, it's nonsensical..

Despite what his fans may say, Jones testing positive numerous times for PED's disqualifies him from GOAT contention. Simple fact..

In regards to Mighty Mouse, his overall quality of competition during his reign as Flyweight champ, is obviously lacking. Also his refusal to move up to BW despite clearing out his division twice, with a win over Dillashaw and a few defenses at BW his legacy as a fighter would of been boosted tenfold..

For me it's Fedor, but I can understand the argument for GSP. Two belts, outright dominance over WW etc..
Rogan, in him bypassing Fedor and GSP for GOAT contention, shows how much of a fucking goof he is.
<bball2>

Rogan likes mighty mouse because he is rat.

I don't care about PEDs. Or rather I'd be very surprised if GSP, DJ and Fedor were clean. I'd also put the four real GOATs and Aldo above DJ. And maybe a couple other fighters as well.

I don't care who thinks GSP, Fedor, Jones or Silva is the GOAT, as long as they're open to other people thinking one of these other 4 are.

I don't think anyone else is in the conversation. I do think Aldo and DC are close though.

I think Dan Henderson has the best list of wins in MMA though.

Tomorrow Joe will says it's GSP or Henry.

Flavour of the day...

Jones failed more drug tests than he passed, Joe is just a UFC shill so can't be mad at him tho.
I dont believe in a singular GOAT either, you got to do it MT Rushmore style.
Its Fedor, GSP, Aldo and whoever you like

sorry to burst your bubble but GOAT status is about as immeasurable and subjective as it gets in mma. this means each of us can have our own list and arguments to support them but at the end of the day it doesn't mean FA.

43308e2a951dec24236ae8d7ff284718.gif

MMA GOAT discussions are total nonsense anyway. I don't know why MMA fans bother to entertain them

There is a reason why most top 5 MMA GOAT lists include guys from totally separate weight classes (Fedor, Jones, Anderson, GSP, Aldo, Mighty Mouse). Realistically, what are the odds that all the GOATs happen to fight in different weight classes?

Because these guys never had to fight each other. They cleaned out their divisions, but never truly beat other all-time greats (except maybe Jones and GSP). It's impossible to really compare fighters when their list of wins include completely different sets of opponents

It's all just pure speculation. No fighter has truly set themselves apart as WAY better than every fighter in history. Maybe Jones came closest, but the PED scandal detracts from his legacy

Khabib time.. Joe and Dana are still bitter.. that he beat their golden goose, their favorite boy toy.

I think goat talk is silly in general. If we're talking strictly resumes, Jones all day. I think he's also automatically disqualified from the discussion based on his numerous drug test failures. We don't know how clean or dirty everybody else is, but nobody else in the conversation has even failed one test.

Mighty Mouse...if the Patriots kept somehow getting matched up in superbowls against high school teams, would it really mean anything if they won? I like Mighty Mouse, but let's be real, there aren't a ton of world beaters at 125 lbs in the US. Most of those guys are in southeast Asia. I think moving to One will actually do more for his legacy than if he had stayed in the UFC.

If we have to give someone that title, as much as it pains me to say it(because I used to be such a massive hater), I gotta go with GSP. The guy fought everybody, he avenged his only 2 official losses, and he was the reigning king for a very long time. He might not have been the most exciting to watch, but as I get older, I appreciate that he always pulled out the W. It's not easy to get up for every fight and win consistantly.

He's also(despite a lot of speculation) never pissed hot. I recognize that he went into his pseudo retirement just prior to the UFC teaming up with usada, but I personally think it had more to do with the Hendricks fight and feeling like he should get out on top while he still could. I thought Hendricks won and I bet he does too.

<bball2>
Just because you don't agree with Rogan doesn't make him a goof. If I don't agree with you, does that make you a goof? No, people just have their own opinions. As they say, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!<45>

By the way, Rogan is a goof, but not because of this.

Just because you don't agree with Rogan doesn't make him a goof. If I don't agree with you, does that make you a goof? No, people just have their own opinions. As they say, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!<45>
Believing Mighty Mouse is in GOAT contention, makes you a goof yes..
{<jordan}

Jones has too many wins over former Pride-UFC champions, many were still competitive (aka not completely shot) when Jones beat them, from the old guard (Shogun, Hampage) through Hashad Evans to Cornier.

It isn’t Johnson’s fault his division wasn’t as developed so most opponents were title contenders and not previous champs but it is what it is

Back