Rogan & Schaub: Stipe-Fabio should never have been sanctioned, Cyborg, etc.

Edmond Rousey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
eddie-bravo-ROGAN-PNG.png
0.jpg

On the JRE "Fight Companion" podcast, Rogan & Schaub said they didn't know how this fight was even sanctioned, and that the only reason it was is because it was in Brazil.

On another note, Eddie Bravo was pushing the Ronda Cyborg fight hard while Rogan & Schaub strongly disagreed. Rogan argued that its not the same if a woman tests positive because she is injecting a male hormone and that makes permanent, physiological changes to a woman's body. (kinda hinting that she is an "it" now)

Discuss pullease!

Of course Schaubjj doesn't want his gf to take that fight. It'll be worse than brawldonafo vs stipe.

On the JRE "Fight Companion" podcast, Rogan & Schaub said they didn't know how this fight was even sanctioned, and that the only reason it was is because it was in Brazil.

Realistically sanctioning in Brazil means next to nothing, the commission are by most account I'v read UFC puppets.

So the only reason the fight was sanctioned was because it was in Brazil? The USA would never sanction such a fight. Could you imagine a UFC commission sanctioning a fight like a veteran MMA fighter with close to 30 fights against a brain-damaged boxer with 0 professional MMA fights?

Of course Schaubjj doesn't want his gf to take that fight. It'll be worse than brawldonafo vs stipe.

Go watch Carano v Cyborg. You'll notice that Cyborg got mounted by Carano. Twice. Ronda won't need the second attempt.

As long as Cyborg is willing to do random drug tests to prove she's not on PEDS, and to fight at 135 pounds, she'd get tooled by Ronda.

On another note, Eddie Bravo was pushing the Ronda Cyborg fight hard while Rogan & Schaub strongly disagreed. Rogan argued that its not the same if a woman tests positive because she is injecting a male hormone and that makes permanent, physiological changes to a woman's body. (kinda hinting that she is an "it" now)

Discuss pullease!

Not sure about that but I think PED use is certainly more of an issue for women, just look at all the athletics records from the 70's and 80's(or the Chinese in the 90's), the men had surpassed those days but the women haven't.

Can't really listen to what Schaub has to say regarding some subjects, seeing as he's really biased. I remember him saying that Josh Rosenthal should have stopped the Lesnar-Carwin fight.

They make permanent changes to a man's body too.

Rogan is wrong about everything, like usual.

My opinions are plagiarized all throughout the MMA world.

Of course Joe and Schuab could not possibly be more wrong about Cyborg.

So the only reason the fight was sanctioned was because it was in Brazil? The USA would never sanction such a fight. Could you imagine a UFC commission sanctioning a fight like a veteran MMA fighter with close to 30 fights against a brain-damaged boxer with 0 professional MMA fights?

/thread

Why shouldn't the fight have been sanctioned? Does Maldonado have some permanent damage to his brain or something? I'm out of the loop here.

Go watch Carano v Cyborg. You'll notice that Cyborg got mounted by Carano. Twice. Ronda won't need the second attempt.

As long as Cyborg is willing to do random drug tests to prove she's not on PEDS, and to fight at 135 pounds, she'd get tooled by Ronda.

At the same time, Cyborg went 3 rounds in a kickboxing match against one of the top fighters in the world, and kept pushing the pace even when she was obviously outclassed. I would be surprised if Rousey could do that.

I realize Cyborg hasn't made 135 yet, but if she can do so in a tuneup fight in another org, why the UFC wouldn't sign her to take on Rousey in the biggest women's MMA fight ever is the real question. And don't bring up the PED excuse, since multiple-time offenders like Barnett and Bigfoot are still under contract.

At the same time, Cyborg went 3 rounds in a kickboxing match against one of the top fighters in the world, and kept pushing the pace even when she was obviously outclassed. I would be surprised if Rousey could do that.

What exactly are you trying to suggest here--that Cyborg would beat Rousey in a kickboxing match?

Amazing! Do you have any other brilliant insights to share with us?

oh dear... now everyone is getting sub by the goddess ronda... Watch out Jones, Cain, Aldo you guys gonna be the next to get subbed by the goddess

TS forgot to list how Eddie Bravo's feelings get hurt when you call him "Moon-head"

Can't really listen to what Schaub has to say regarding some subjects, seeing as he's really biased. I remember him saying that Josh Rosenthal should have stopped the Lesnar-Carwin fight.

I can't stand Schaub... But no one can deny that fights have been stopped when a fighter was in far less trouble than Lesnar.

Rogan's reasoning is pretty faulty. PEDs don't make any permanant changes to women that they don't to men. And the permanent changes aren't that significant - transpeople who are on hormonal treatments tend to revert back to pre-treatment hormone levels - and physiology - if they go off their treatments.

I realize Cyborg hasn't made 135 yet, but if she can do so in a tuneup fight in another org, why the UFC wouldn't sign her to take on Rousey in the biggest women's MMA fight ever is the real question. And don't bring up the PED excuse, since multiple-time offenders like Barnett and Bigfoot are still under contract.

i don't understand what is your point? so, cyborg "kept pushing the pace" in a kickboxing match. for this reason, cyborg is a better athlete than rousey? a better athlete that was suspended for taking steroids? i would be surprised too if rousey would do that.

That argument again ? 2009 Cyborg vs 2014 Ronda ?

She`s already been tested twice iirc ( can't search for the source, my phone will explode haha )

Back