Rogan on GSP's money per fight: WOW!!!

Alvarez made 1.25 million in his last fight plus revenue which probably came out to 2 million at most. Stop making up numbers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...oney-fight-purse-and-fighter-payouts-revealed

The 23-year-old earned at least $1.25 million on Saturday night, according to ESPN.com's Dan Rafael. For his part, Angulo takes home a minimum of $850,000, which was increased by $100,000 after Canelo failed to make the 154-pound weight limit on Friday.

According to Badenhausen, if the fight reaches 300,000 PPV buys, Alvarez gets $6 million, and if it gets to 400,000 buys, the payout increases to $8 million.

Rousey got what? $110k ? + PPV money which i suspect was around $1million. And that's being generous since Rousey had no negotiation power since she was an unknown from Strikeforce when she probably signed her UFC contract.

Randy Couture contract had him making $3 for per ppv for having over 330k buys.

GSP sells 1 million PPVs. Makes $5million

Mayweather sells 1 million PPVs. Makes $40million

Rousey sells 350k PPVs. Makes $1million.

Alvarez sells 350k PPV's. Makes $8million

I'd like to see a credible source for Rousey's $1million.

350k PPVs = $ 8.75 million goes to Zuffa's. (50/50 split with the cable company).

Highly unlikely they're paying Rousey $1mil out of $8.75 mil.

Yup. Especially in Toronto.

Toronto is a very multicultural city (probably the most in North America)

Toronto- statistically is the most multi-cultural city in the world. Forget about limiting it to just North America.

Anyone knows if Gustafsson is popular in Canada?

Going by Jones vs. Gus PPV sales (310k), I'd say he's not.

That was Jones' lowest PPV sales compared to all of his other title defenses.

11/16/2013 UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks 630,000
12/28/2013 UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva II 1,025,000

Anyhow, GSP only sells because he's white, Canadian, and has lots of muscles.

If he were black or Brazilian, he wouldn't sell more than 300k with his boring fight style.

#trufax

The canadian part is true. Masses here in canada went crazy for anything gsp.

White? Possibly. But I always attribute his success because he was a standout from the typical ufc fighter stereotypes.

Matt hughes, bj penn, tito, chuck, mild mannered and in hoodies and hats.

-First guy of note to appear in a suit.
-Very proffesional responses.
-Coincide that with the rise and exposure of ufc, huge sponsers who thought fighters would make them look had, found comfort in a pro league attitude in gsp.

More media exposure because no one was afraid of him pulling a nick diaz.

French speaking populations in the world are proud, and this wouldve helped too.

Sub in any good looking black canadian as dominant and as long reigning and itll be the same more or less.

But different if he were brazilian/south american, eastern european, or asian

The north american market wouldn't be as amicable to them as they have thier own fanbases internationally.

GSP still gets fucked over by the UFC. There is no way in hell the UFC pays the fighters even 20% of their revenue.

GSP sells 1 million PPVs under the UFC banner. Makes $5million

Rousey sells 350k PPVs under the UFC banner. Makes $1million.

They should probably get paid more proportionally, but let's not forget that the UFC name sells a lot of those buys.

Good to know. He definitely wouldn't make that in his first year or more in the ufc. He probably never would, honestly.

Alvarez was trying to sign with the UFC, going so far to go to court against Bellator for it.

Do you think he was doing that for less money?

Sick i never knew Alvarez get this much no wonder he isnt going to the UFC:icon_lol:

Ronda should get more she is one of the biggest draws in the UFC atm these women girls watch UFC just for her

Last edited:
Alvarez was trying to sign with the UFC, going so far to go to court against Bellator for it.

Canelo Alvarez

Though I understand your point, I don't think it fairs well.

Mayweather isn't running an international organization which is still working to grow the sport in different markets. He simply is promoting his single fight every 8 months and taking in the profit.

The Alverez/Rousey statement could be more accurate but we can't be sure. Bellator could be overspending on their talent and be making the same mistake past orgs made before being bought out/bankrupt. We just don't know how much money Viacom is investing in Bellator.

Financial statements are crucial to making an objective and reasonable decision on fair pay. The problem is we don't have that and until we do, all we can do is speculate.

He meant Canelo Alvarez, the boxer.

who is in your av?

I think I read somewhere anderson gets between 8 to 12 million per fight.

And what is your point? We all know boxers make more money, no one is disputing that. Damn dude, way to be "that guy"!

Some boxers make more money. Only pac and mayweather make that big money.

Back