Rogan on GSP's money per fight: WOW!!!

Anyone knows if Gustafsson is popular in Canada?

Yup. Especially in Toronto.

Toronto is a very multicultural city (probably the most in North America)

Schaub is weird because I kinda like him as a person but his face just makes me want him to get knocked the fuck out by Arlovski.

I liked Schaub until I seen the Cyborg Abreu match.

Have you seen the cars, houses, jewelry UFC fighters have, these guys/girls make bank. Fight twice a year and income 100k-25 million (yes sponsors, movies, autograph sessions, demos, magazine articles, private training, bonuses, etc... included)

My apologies. Don't know all the previous threads by hand.

Hahahahaha no worries dude.

BTW, I'm Sorry if I sounded like an asshole know it all when you read that. I was just saying in general.

Less then GSP and Brock. Anderson didn't sell anything until the Chael fights. In fact his bonnar and Okami fights didn't sell over 400K buys.

To be fair, both 134 and 143 were total mismatches, and 143 was a mess of a card with the top fights getting replaced very late.

134 was still an epic card, though, and it was the night of a massive hurricane blowing through NY so the atmosphere that night was dank (both literally and figuratively).

Have you seen the cars, houses, jewelry UFC fighters have, these guys/girls make bank. Fight twice a year and income 100k-25 million (yes sponsors, movies, autograph sessions, demos, magazine articles, private training, bonuses, etc... included)

That is BS. Only a few fighters in the UFC make a million a year.

GSP sells 1 million PPVs. Makes $5million

Mayweather sells 1 million PPVs. Makes $40million

Rousey sells 350k PPVs. Makes $1million.

Alvarez sells 350k PPV's. Makes $8million
And what is your point? We all know boxers make more money, no one is disputing that. Damn dude, way to be "that guy"!

I knew that of course fighters earn more than the public numbers of course. Also knew that fighters with big names earned a lot. But according to Joe Rogan GSP earns/earned 5.000.000 $ per fight???

That's cray!
(Fuck off with the "other sports" comments. They all get addressed in this clip)

16:00 and onwards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrbfnT5-QbU

Yeah, Forbes 1st reported this a few months ago.

How GSP Makes $12 Million a Year

But always helps to have more people back it up.

11/16/2013 UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks 630,000
12/28/2013 UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva II 1,025,000

Anyhow, GSP only sells because he's white, Canadian, and has lots of muscles.

If he were black or Brazilian, he wouldn't sell more than 300k with his boring fight style.

#trufax

I guess you are right about being a white, muscular dude. Because it's obvious that your comparison above to justify Anderson doing good numbers is skewed considering......
07/06/2013 UFC 162 Silva vs Weidman 550,000

Looks like people bought 168 to watch the white, muscular guy beat Anderson again.

/sarcasm

11/16/2013 UFC 167 GSP vs Hendricks 630,000
12/28/2013 UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva II 1,025,000

Anyhow, GSP only sells because he's white, Canadian, and has lots of muscles.

If he were black or Brazilian, he wouldn't sell more than 300k with his boring fight style.

#trufax

u mad brah?

Back