Rogan: Need to be "Wild Mfer" to be best fighter

He's just being a company man and working damage control. It's nonsense.

Never heard Wladimir make that claim. Or do you mean he actually has the best jab? But yeh those fighters don't act so wild I think.

I doubt he would make such a claim, but the claim is made in the ring.
I watched him get a KO win without throwing a single right hand (left jabs followed by left hooks), and he generally is in the discussion for best jab of all time.

300vova-mormeck9_medium.gif

People try to bring Fedor, Silva, and GSP into the mix, as if their stuff don't stink, but we don't know what demons they struggle with. Jones was just stupid enough to get caught. I've said for awhile that I think GSP is hiding something, I just can't figure out what. There's probably some truth to Rogan's statement...

If this was GSP with the low T or the coke the reaction would be COMPLETELY different

I wonder why :rolleyes:

Tyson, Ali, Duran, Dempsey, Mayweather, Chuck (in terms of partying),

Also, Silva was the cockiest in-cage fighter in MMA history and he's known to be quite the temperamental guy outside the cage as well. Wasn't there a story about him pulling a shotgun on Rafael Cordeiro during his Chute Box days?

Fighting is a pretty wild line of work. I'd say more often than not, the guys who choose to pursue it for a living are an oddly wired bunch.

Some "friends" suggested he kill Cordeiro because he fired him or something, so he waited outside with a shotgun but gave up when he came to his senses.

Standard Rogan nonsense.

Exactly. So is Rogan saying Anderson Silva was on drugs while he was P4P #1? Fedor fought for family, country, and God.

Rogan is towing the company line to do some damage control. I can see him in his starched collar shirt saying this nonsense.

There's some truth to what he's saying, but this is also obviously damage control.

Lol damage control. Joe was doing his podcast live when the Jones news broke. Those comments were seconds after he jus found out. He wasnt defending him and it wasnt damage control.

Disagree with Joe. There's no evidence Fedor, Spider, or GSP ever did hard drugs though we know they liked to get drunk. They were "wild" I guess in the sense of having extreme mindsets towards martial arts & competition, striving to be champions, but not in the sense Joe's using the word.

If this was GSP with the low T or the coke the reaction would be COMPLETELY different

Nah

Jones ain't even getting hated on cause the cocaine, I think it's endeared him to Sherdog more than anything else he's done.

I doubt he would make such a claim, but the claim is made in the ring.
I watched him get a KO win without throwing a single right hand (left jabs followed by left hooks), and he generally is in the discussion for best jab of all time.

Ok yep I get you, Wladimir is a legend.

When I think "wild" I don't think Fedor, Silva, GSP.

I think more: Lee Murray, War Machine, Ryan Gracie, Charles Bennett...

It kinda makes sense on paper, but there are too many counter examples. A lot of the top guys are nice and seem mellow. I think it's more they have to be crazy to accept getting hit in the face for a living. Beyond that you have anyone from War Machine to Mayhem to Fedor. It's a wide spectrum.

Not buying it.

He didn't often show it, but the GOAT could get pretty wild.

11035.jpg

FedorIceCream_display_image.jpg

_MG_0277.jpg

Vodka violence, ice cream addiction, sudden puppet attack syndrome... he had it all.

This changes everything.

Lol damage control. Joe was doing his podcast live when the Jones news broke. Those comments were seconds after he jus found out. He wasnt defending him and it wasnt damage control.

What does when he found out have to do with it? Also, are you saying that you wouldn't be surprised if Rogan said that Jones should be stripped or even banned? I like Jones, but the point is that Joe is clearly a company man putting a positive spin on a major company asset.

What does when he found out have to do with it? Also, are you saying that you wouldn't be surprised if Rogan said that Jones should be stripped or even banned? I like Jones, but the point is that Joe is clearly a company man putting a positive spin on a major company asset.

Nope i saw the whole thing(podcast). Its not the impression i got. His reaction was similar to everyone else that found out. Im curious what he has too say now.

If by different you mean people would be on suicide watch and defending him to the ends of the earth saying that someone is out to sully his name, then yes it would be different.

i doubt he would make such a claim, but the claim is made in the ring.
I watched him get a ko win without throwing a single right hand (left jabs followed by left hooks), and he generally is in the discussion for best jab of all time.

lol

Back