Rogan : "Most of UFC fighters smoke weed"

Most of them are drinkers too, does that mean booze helps? There's a pretty high rate of domestic abuse among fighters too, maybe punching your gf is good training.

We already know that MMA is very attractive to white trash/other kinds of people are pretty much unemployable in any other field. Most of us have seen the degenerate behavior in the TUF house where they're getting boozed up, crying, threatening each other, so let's not pretend this is indicative of some kind of Zen culture in MMA. They just like to get high.

lol again you've proven yourself an idiot, sir.

How so? I was trying to make a joke. I found it to be somewhat clever, but then again, who am I to know, as I'm an idiot.

Most of them are drinkers too, does that mean booze helps? There's a pretty high rate of domestic abuse among fighters too, maybe punching your gf is good training.

We already know that MMA is very attractive to white trash/other kinds of people are pretty much unemployable in any other field. Most of us have seen the degenerate behavior in the TUF house where they're getting boozed up, crying, threatening each other, so let's not pretend this is indicative of some kind of Zen culture in MMA. They just like to get high.

You make it sound like only trash/poor people like to smoke.

The fact that an athlete would choose to smoke MJ is disappointing, no matter the sport. It's naive to think, or complete denial, that MJ is going to in any way "help" your "game," whatever your "game" is, whether it be MMA, football, basketball, etc. The "relief" they get from MJ is short-lived only lasting as long as the high lasts, and it's the long-term effects of regular use which become apparent and should make any athlete think long and hard about their choice of using MJ. Look at the Diaz brothers as an example...neither one of them can barely put a coherent sentence together...that of course could also come from the head shots they've taken over the years...anyway you get my point. Yes, serious/professional athletes do smoke MJ, but in the long run they're doing their athletic careers a disservice as well as their bodies if they continue down that road. They can rationalize why they do all they want, bottom line is, it's not good for you.

You make it sound like only trash/poor people like to smoke.

Didn't mean it to sound that way, just that Rogan saying that most fighters smoke isn't a positive point for weed. It's not like he's saying most Nobel laureates smoke.

The fact that an athlete would choose to smoke MJ is disappointing, no matter the sport. It's naive to think, or complete denial, that MJ is going to in any way "help" your "game," whatever your "game" is, whether it be MMA, football, basketball, etc. The "relief" they get from MJ is short-lived only lasting as long as the high lasts, and it's the long-term effects of regular use which become apparent and should make any athlete think long and hard about their choice of using MJ. Look at the Diaz brothers as an example...neither one of them can barely put a coherent sentence together...that of course could also come from the head shots they've taken over the years...anyway you get my point. Yes, serious/professional athletes do smoke MJ, but in the long run they're doing their athletic careers a disservice as well as their bodies if they continue down that road. They can rationalize why they do all they want, bottom line is, it's not good for you.

could say the same thing about wanking

How is weed performance enhancing? If you can smoke weed and still fight ... and not just get relaxed and want to sit on a couch and eat ships ... how can that enhance your performance?

There are different varieties and strains of weed. Also if you are stuck in your mom's basement smoking weed all day, that's not the weeds fault.

I know some very successful pot smokers. Engineers, business people and other creative people. If you blame the drug that is your problem.

I hope weed becomes legal one day just so stoners have to find something new to talk about.

Marijuana is harmless, like most things, it's fine in moderation.

It isn't addictive and has some benefits; also, I prefer the company of stoned people to drunk people.

Really? If I'm stoned or drunk, both are ok and if I'm neither, they're both horrible to be around.

Yup...legal here in Oregon.

Not to mention the munchies

sonnen-pizza.jpg

For what it's worth I'm smoking weed right now.

Not if you're buying the premise that "if it comes from a plant, it's okay".

I realize you didnt make the original comment,

heroin doesnt come from a plant...heroin comes from refining opium, but there is a stark difference between weed and opium despite that they both come from plants

this need to make it so literal "its natural therefore good for you" is silly....hey look...theres a pile of crap...its natural...its good for you lol

aside from poisons and toxins, in today's day n age of GMO is there really anyone that tries to claim because something comes from a plant its ok? thats about as unthoughtout as saying duh theres poisonous plants so HA not everything from plants is good for you!....well no shit

so you were bored and decided to post something joe said a while ago?

I see ur location and I am sure you know too much about the drugs but drugs are sh.t and they re for the lazy people to find happiness in easy ways

Lol. Ya we should all be searching for happiness in "hard" ways. Don't be a hypocrite. I'm sure you take medicine when you're not feeling well.

Back