Rogan made 30 million as a podcaster in 2019

If him and his team are intelligent

Theres almost zero way he isnt making over a million per podcast.

The actual number may even be way higher. Depending on the amount of sponsors he has
Did you just say on his way to becoming a BILLIONAIRE. Not a chance in hell.

The forbes numbers have no evidence for their claims. They have no credibility. Anyone taking them at face value and ignoring all the other available data from a wider variety of sources is a fool. Anywhere from 25-100$ is well documented as being the industry standard per thousand listens for a single sponsor. This data can be found littered throughout the podcast world / advertisement industry. But who cares about facts. Who cares about what the actual podcasters say themselves

For the record, the forbes article itself says Rogan gets 200 million downloads a month.

Forbes is known to pull numbers out their ass, yet we are going to take them as gospel and ignore what then ACTUAL podcasters are saying. Ignore the actual DOCUMENTED data that exists throughout the podcast world and entertainment industry.

Suggesting that people who do their own research are the most ignorant, that statement truly says a lot about the way you think.

Anyone who arrives at a conclusion based on a single source of data, a shitty, unsubstantiated article that lacks reasoning and evidence at that, does not know how to think.

Heres an article i just found today, it would appear im not the only one who came to the conclusion that JRE could very well already be worth over a billion dollars. Lines up with everything ive been saying throughout this entire thread. Feel free to try and debunk it.

Podcasting’s first billionaire?
Take a look at Joe Rogan, who currently has the most popular talk show podcast with over 200 million downloads per month. This number comes from Joe himself¹, but let’s assume he was exaggerating and it’s only 100 million downloads per month.

Assuming he sells ads at a "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">low $18 CPM (cost per thousand listeners) and sells out his ad spots, he’s making approximately $64mm in annual revenue. If he’s on the higher end, at $50 CPM, he could be making as much as $240mm per year². The only factor that would change this is how many free ads Joe gives to companies that he has a personal equity stake in (like Onnit, the supplement brand he co-owns).

That means that Joe makes somewhere between $64-$240 million per year in revenue from his podcast advertising alone—and that’s handicapping his audience by half what he claims to have. That number also doesn’t include any additional revenue generated from his wildly popular YouTube channel, which has over 6 million subscribers.

1*VG1XmyN66gPr-2lfwcZhGg.png

Estimated per episode listener numbers for Joe Rogan vs. "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">Howard Stern
Now imagine how insane those numbers could get if he converted to a premium subscription model like Howard Stern. Even if he kept the show free and offered ad-free streams, or an extra episode per week for $5-$10/mo, the numbers would boggle the mind.

Based on existing advertising revenues alone, Joe Rogan could easily be worth over a billion dollars, even if he doesn’t realize it. If estimates are correct, he owns a business that produces somewhere in the neighborhood of $60-$235 million/year in profit and is likely growing at 30–50% annually (assuming his audience is growing alongside "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">the podcast ecosystem)³. If it were publicly traded, his podcasting business could easily fetch a valuation in the billions.

Even if he doesn't realize it? What does that mean, even if he doesn't realize it? How's that possible for him not to know?

To even think Joe Rogan is billionaire is mind blowing. You honestly believe hes worth more than Dana White? Bono? And is the same net worth to Paul McCartney?

Even if he doesn't realize it? What does that mean, even if he doesn't realize it? How's that possible for him not to know?

To even think Joe Rogan is billionaire is mind blowing. You honestly believe hes worth more than Dana White? Bono? And is the same net worth to Paul McCartney?
his words not mine.

The fact that its mind blowing is the biggest barrier for certain people looking at the numbers and data objectively

But theres no doubt about it. At 20 mil downloads per episode and on his current trajectory of growth, i think it would be very difficult to prove that he is not on his way to becoming a billionaire. If someone is able to do just that, im all ears, but i think the numbers are quite clear.

Its hard for people to wrap their heads around because its joe rogan. But JRE is simply massive at this point. He literally has presidential candidates on. Elon Musk. Billionaires.

Hard to believe, yes, but if you take his name out of the equation, the numbers dont lie.

i don't give two shits about forbes' numbers, i never said they were right about rogan's value.

let's put it this way. $25 per thousand downloads does not scale linearly to infinity when you increase your audience. no one who has ever done any advertising or paid for any advertising expects the same ROI when the audience goes from niche to general public.

it makes sense to shell out $250 so your brand is presented to 10k listeners who also happen to be in your target demographic. does that mean if the 10k listeners turn into 10M listeners, the price shouldn't only be $250k, but twice that? which article about targeted advertising did you learn that from?

it's hilarious that you and the expert who wrote that article both expect that advertisers will be paying more per user when the number of users increases, even though it is far less likely that the larger user group aligns with their target group.

you didn't do any research. you read an article that claims rogan is a billionaire, and that article is based on elementary school maths with no actual insight on how money is spent in advertising.
i did not even read this article until yesterday. But i have said virtually the same things throughout this thread.

When you look at what countless other podcasters are making, it paints the exact same picture. Universally and independent of one another. What conclusion is one left to draw? The answer is quite simple

Its well documented that multiple podcasters who hover around the 1 mil mark are making 75-100k per episode.

Yes you are absolutely correct that you cant simply multiply the numbers, there are a lot of variables to consider. But, advertisers absolutely will pay more for a larger audience, this is a proven fact and has been known for a long time, well before podcasts even existed.

Heres the thing, Rogan gets 20 million downloads per episode. What the article did was cut that number in half and used 10 million applied the ABSOLUTE lowest CPM$ he could possibly be making at 18$ cpm / 50$cpm respectively to arrive at the 64 - 240 mil per year figure. Factored in with the number of sponsor slots he has.

These are literally the absolute LOWEST numbers you could possibly arrive at in and they are based on half of what him and other sources(including forbes) claim he is getting for downloads per episode.

There is absolutely no variable that would account for him making any less than this.

To any thinking person, assuming hes maximizing potential revenue based on the 200 mil downloads a month figure, the actual number is likely a great deal higher. Putting the current worth of JRE at well over a billion dollars.

This is not rocket science. If you can debunk it, feel free to do so. At the moment you're talking out of your ass and you know it.

"No actual insight" this is the guy who was taking a shitty forbes article with absolutely no explanation whatsoever like it were the the word of god.

Last edited:
How has he changed?

he used to be for free speech as he is a comedian. And as a comedian you shouldn’t have to worry about being offensive.
He has changed greatly in that regard
he made a lot of money and he isn’t asking the questions he used to ask people from jack dorsey to Bernie sanders.

I mean it’s ok. I get it. This is his money maker and his business. You have to tow a line and not step over that if you want to be as mainstream as joe is. Which is fine if that’s what he wants to do.
I still enjoy listening when I can.

You've literally just spewed shit you've read from an article lmao
Didnt read that until last night actually

Everything throughout this thread have been the own conclusions ive drawn and my own work. Just based on the data provided by other multiple other podcasters. And we know how many downloads JRE does per month

Its pretty easy to arrive where i did, and clearly i was not the only one to do so.

Just because you're replying to everyone and copying and pasting entire novels

Doesn't mean you're correct
Dude, you have intelligence of a high school drop out. You havent provided a single useful post in this entire thread. Unless you can contribute something or intelligently respond to any points made, you have no business being here.

Anyone can see by all your other posts that you are a child

Do you know the difference between revenue and profit ? It seems the author of this article does not. Also potential to make that revenue is a completely different argument to currently making, which is your position.

I think Rogan could potentially make huge money, it seems he is not at the moment.
Based on what? A forbes article with no data or evidence? You are a mark

you believe you are intelligent, yet you have zero ability to think for yourself. You need others to feed you answers, like a lost puppy. Im not perfect, but i ask questions.

The numbers used both by me and in the article used the lowest, most modest and conservative numbers possible for his potential revenue. Even halfing his downloads per month from what forbes claims he gets and numbers were still absurd.

No, we dont know exactly what he makes. They are all educated guesses based on data we already have available from other podcasters and the advertisement industry. But we can still form a reasonable picture of what JRE is worth based on potential revenue / profit, factored in with his current trajectory of growth.

Last edited:
Let's start a podcast, "last call with sherbros". it start at 3 am while we're hammered and each episode we talk about UFC, manlet, who's the goat, A-athlete and at the end we have our weekly would I or would now by looking at mma chicks pictures.

Yes. These things cap, and they cap early.

There is no chance the brands advertising on his show could possibly afford the kind of money being discussed in this thread.
There are a lot of variables to consider

In your opinion, what do you think he is making? Based on the 20 mil per ep / 200 mil per month figure

Id like to hear other opinions. As long as they dont involve this shit forbes article

Based on what? A forbes article with no data or evidence? You are a mark

you believe you are intelligent, yet you have zero ability to think for yourself. You need others to feed you answers, like a lost puppy. Im not perfect, but i ask questions.

The numbers used both by me and in the article used the lowest, most modest and conservative numbers possible for his potential revenue. Even halfing his downloads per month from what forbes claims he gets and numbers were still absurd.

No, we dont know exactly what he makes. They are all educated guesses based on data we already have available from other podcasters and the advertisement industry. But we can still form a reasonable picture of what JRE is worth based on potential revenue / profit, factored in with his current trajectory of growth.
The shitty article you quoted literally used revenue and profit interchangeably. Do you see the problem with that ?

The shitty article you quoted literally used revenue and profit interchangeably. Do you see the problem with that ?
Grasping at straws here bro

A large percentage of revenue for podcasts is profit.

To make it easier, lets just use revenue. The larger point remains the same.

I see a problem with people quick to draw a conclusion while barely scratching the surface of a topic.

Last edited:
Grasping at straws here bro

A large percentage of revenue for podcasts is profit.

To make it easier, lets just use revenue. The larger point remains the same.

I see a problem with people quick to draw a conclusion while barely scratching the surface of a topic.
So you don't see a problem with it. Ok cool, I'm officially out out. Good luck.

So you don't see a problem with it. Ok cool, I'm officially out out. Good luck.
Could easily be a type O

Its clear that he was speaking of revenue throughout the entire piece. As was i throughout this entire thread

The larger far reaching point and data presented is what matters here.

You are grasping at straws.

Pretty weak to bow out without giving an intelligent retort but from someone that took a forbes article with zero deduction or evidence as gods word, i would expect no less

Funny how its always people who bring up the Dunning Kruger effect are always the ones projecting

There are a lot of variables to consider

In your opinion, what do you think he is making? Based on the 20 mil per ep / 200 mil per month figure

Id like to hear other opinions. As long as they dont involve this shit forbes article

I don't have an opinion, I have no earthly idea how much he makes.

And neither do you.

i did not even read this article until yesterday. But i have said virtually the same things throughout this thread.

When you look at what countless other podcasters are making, it paints the exact same picture. Universally and independent of one another. What conclusion is one left to draw? The answer is quite simple

Its well documented that multiple podcasters who hover around the 1 mil mark are making 75-100k per episode.

Yes you are absolutely correct that you cant simply multiply the numbers, there are a lot of variables to consider. But, advertisers absolutely will pay more for a larger audience, this is a proven fact and has been known for a long time, well before podcasts even existed.

Heres the thing, Rogan gets 20 million downloads per episode. What the article did was cut that number in half and used 10 million applied the ABSOLUTE lowest CPM$ he could possibly be making at 18$ cpm / 50$cpm respectively to arrive at the 64 - 240 mil per year figure. Factored in with the number of sponsor slots he has.

These are literally the absolute LOWEST numbers you could possibly arrive at in and they are based on half of what him and other sources(including forbes) claim he is getting for downloads per episode.

There is absolutely no variable that would account for him making any less than this.

To any thinking person, assuming hes maximizing potential revenue based on the 200 mil downloads a month figure, the actual number is likely a great deal higher. Putting the current worth of JRE at well over a billion dollars.

This is not rocket science. If you can debunk it, feel free to do so. At the moment you're talking out of your ass and you know it.

"No actual insight" this is the guy who was taking a shitty forbes article with absolutely no explanation whatsoever like it were the the word of god.
why do you keep talking about forbes? did you read even the first line of the post you're replying to here? do i need to spell it out again for you? i don't give a fuck about forbes.

what i'm talking about is your absurd assumption that rogan makes more than 200 million a year. you're suggesting joe rogan gets more money from sponsors for his podcast than michael jordan makes from his insane sneaker deal. no one is saying rogan isn't making bank, we're saying you're fucking delusional.

there are several things wrong with your calculations, and they've all been pointed out. the CPM is ridiculously high, you're using it linearly, and even worse, you're increasing it as his audience increases, which isn't just silly, it's plain idiotic. not to mention the advertisers on his show don't have the kind of marketing budgets that would allow him to make that kind of money.

this simply isn't how spending money in advertising works. it's clear as day you've never paid for advertising, or provided it to anyone. that's why i'm saying you have no insight. you don't have rogan's actual numbers and you don't know how advertising works. you read some second hand bullshit about it and now you're telling everyone else they're ignorant because they don't "research by themselves". you're the perfect posterboy for that statement.

it would've been funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

@surgeyou1 @Moonwalker95 @Spookv @Fishmonger @Fukkup
@Hypetrainofthemonth

Interesting article i just found here by Andrew Wilkinson. Very much along the lines of what ive been suggesting in this thread. Simple number crunching. If you can debunk this, feel free. These are actual numbers. Not a forbes article with zero deduction or evidence behind their claims

Podcasting’s first billionaire?
Take a look at Joe Rogan, who currently has the most popular talk show podcast with over 200 million downloads per month. This number comes from Joe himself¹, but let’s assume he was exaggerating and it’s only 100 million downloads per month.

Assuming he sells ads at a "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">low $18 CPM (cost per thousand listeners) and sells out his ad spots, he’s making approximately $64mm in annual revenue. If he’s on the higher end, at $50 CPM, he could be making as much as $240mm per year². The only factor that would change this is how many free ads Joe gives to companies that he has a personal equity stake in (like Onnit, the supplement brand he co-owns).

That means that Joe makes somewhere between $64-$240 million per year in revenue from his podcast advertising alone—and that’s handicapping his audience by half what he claims to have. That number also doesn’t include any additional revenue generated from his wildly popular YouTube channel, which has over 6 million subscribers.

Estimated per episode listener numbers for Joe Rogan vs. "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">Howard Stern
Now imagine how insane those numbers could get if he converted to a premium subscription model like Howard Stern. Even if he kept the show free and offered ad-free streams, or an extra episode per week for $5-$10/mo, the numbers would boggle the mind.

Based on existing advertising revenues alone, Joe Rogan could easily be worth over a billion dollars, even if he doesn’t realize it. If estimates are correct, he owns a business that produces somewhere in the neighborhood of $60-$235 million/year in profit and is likely growing at 30–50% annually (assuming his audience is growing alongside "); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px);">the podcast ecosystem)³. If it were publicly traded, his podcasting business could easily fetch a valuation in the billions.

Right on.

why do you keep talking about forbes? did you read even the first line of the post you're replying to here? do i need to spell it out again for you? i don't give a fuck about forbes.

what i'm talking about is your absurd assumption that rogan makes more than 200 million a year. you're suggesting joe rogan gets more money from sponsors for his podcast than michael jordan makes from his insane sneaker deal. no one is saying rogan isn't making bank, we're saying you're fucking delusional.

there are several things wrong with your calculations, and they've all been pointed out. the CPM is ridiculously high, you're using it linearly, and even worse, you're increasing it as his audience increases, which isn't just silly, it's plain idiotic. not to mention the advertisers on his show don't have the kind of marketing budgets that would allow him to make that kind of money.

this simply isn't how spending money in advertising works. it's clear as day you've never paid for advertising, or provided it to anyone. that's why i'm saying you have no insight. you don't have rogan's actual numbers and you don't know how advertising works. you read some second hand bullshit about it and now you're telling everyone else they're ignorant because they don't "research by themselves". you're the perfect posterboy for that statement.

it would've been funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
You backtracked. Of course you dont care about Forbes now. Yet you thought it was crazy that i even questioned the article and had a differing opinion initially. In spite of them providing no data or evidence for their claims. How dare i even challenge the experts right? What kind of idiot actually looks into a subject themselves?

What makes it so crazy that the number one podcast on earth could make that much money? How much money has howard stern made per year from his radio show? 100+ million per year? and he has to split his revenue with sirius XM radio

JRE is bigger than Howard stern at this point and like many podcasters, the lions share of the profits go to him. For a podcast with that level of popularity, 20 million downloads an episode, not even including youtube, 200 million a year in revenue isnt crazy whatsoever.

If its such an absurd assumption, please elaborate. Show me your data and numbers.

you say the cpm numbers are high, yet these are numbers coming directly from other podcasters and industry insiders themselves. Please, explain yourself. Why are they high and if thats the case, what do you think hes making in advertisement revenue per sponsor?

Im well aware that there are a multitude of variables to consider.

All im hearing from you is a lot of empty words. Thats fine if you feel this way, but you need to explain your reasoning. Provide your data. Prove your argument

And no. I came to that conclusion myself, long before i read that article yesterday.

Last edited:
Back