Rogan is Loved by the Fighters

NoStoneUnturned

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
tl;dr You're on the couch complaining about Rogan but fighters consider their post-fight interview with Rogan a symbol of the fact that they have "made it" to the big time.

Thread after thread over the years of how terrible Rogan is and yet every fighter, new or old, can't wait to get their moment in the post-fight sun with him. I think it is highly probable fighters feel a little cheated when it is DC (which isn't meant as a slight as I like DC) as Rogan is such a post-fight institution. I enjoy Rogan and hope he plans on staying around for another few years. I do wish Goldie had survived but it's nice to have at least one commentator on the UFC mic who has been around since MMA's earliest days. That viewing history gives Rogan a perspective molded by some of MMA's biggest moments. He will at some point, if he doesn't retire first, outstay his welcome but I don't think that time has arrived yet.

tl;dr You're on the couch complaining about Rogan but fighters consider their post-fight interview with Rogan a symbol of the fact that they have "made it" to the big time.

Thread after thread over the years of how terrible Rogan is and yet every fighter, new or old, can't wait to get their moment in the post-fight sun with him. I think it is highly probable fighters feel a little cheated when it is DC (which isn't meant as a slight as I like DC) as Rogan is such a post-fight institution. I enjoy Rogan and hope he plans on staying around for another few years. I do wish Goldie had survived but it's nice to have at least one commentator on the UFC mic who has been around since MMA's earliest days. That viewing history gives Rogan a perspective molded by some of MMA's biggest moments. He will at some point, if he doesn't retire first, outstay his welcome but I don't think that time has arrived yet.
Stop being a white knight for the manlet.

I used to love Rogan, but ever since he has become stupidly rich he has been a giant douche. The Goldberg/Rogan era has some of my favorite UFC memories but its time for a change. I do agree that some first time victors see that Joe Rogan moment as a part of making it but its not like change never happens.

joe rogan has a done a tremendous amount for the sport and has been in the game a long time.

Pro fighters respecting the guy makes sense.

Rogan is not hated outside of this Sherdump.

100 mil don't lie
That is because most of his listeners do not have much experience with topics Rogan often talks about. They just like his delivery which targets mid-low range IQ frat bros.

166148.jpg

I mean, fighters seem to love pretty much anyone famous or powerful. By and large they love Rogan, Buffer, White, even the refs.

Everyone is gonna complain about the next dbag they bring in. Just enjoy it while he's here or turn the volume off.

Back