Rogan Gives Sage Advice for Team Northcutt

Do you agree with Joe?

• Total voters
KidNJeU.jpg
Dude I don’t know why but you got me honking with laughter

Yeah I don’t understand why they though sage could strike with Cosmo, I guess they thought sages wrestling was good enough to beat Cosmo if things got rough on the feet

Josh Quayhagen stood with Cosmo for 15 minutes and won a decision.... Literally a TUF reject, and he fought in a karate stance lol.

Sages loss shouldn't be some reason to act like Cosmo is a god among mma fighters on the feet, he's not. We've seen guys like Mousasi and Saki out struck and or knocked out recently who are leagues above Cosmo in my opinion. This is a wake up call, Sage has been training his entire life and is 23 now with 15+ pro fights and tons of amateur fights. He's never beaten anyone in the top 50 nor has he ever beaten another decent prospect, he's been protected and fed cans. Sometimes those cans actually made him look bad or beat him too.

Sage is that bad, they put him against a real guy and he got slept. Nothing to be surprised with.

This entire argument is predicated on him being younger than he currently is (considering his actual age and the length of time he's been competing) and the interest level in him being based on his ability. Since neither is true, I don't think this is so much mismanagement as it is not surprising. I think he has a few more fights left on his lucrative One contract and then he goes back to being an engineer/bodybuilder. Not a bad payout

Josh Quayhagen stood with Cosmo for 15 minutes and won a decision.... Literally a TUF reject, and he fought in a karate stance lol.

Sages loss shouldn't be some reason to act like Cosmo is a god among mma fighters on the feet, he's not. We've seen guys like Mousasi and Saki out struck and or knocked out recently who are leagues above Cosmo in my opinion. This is a wake up call, Sage has been training his entire life and is 23 now with 15+ pro fights and tons of amateur fights. He's never beaten anyone in the top 50 nor has he ever beaten another decent prospect, he's been protected and fed cans. Sometimes those cans actually made him look bad or beat him too.

Sage is that bad, they put him against a real guy and he got slept. Nothing to be surprised with.

Quayhagen never competed on TUF. He was also a karate champion and Cosmo later avenged the loss.

It's good advice but I can't agree with anything Joe says anymore.

I don't think gameplan was to outsrike Cosmo. Plan wasn't just enough simple, rag Cosmo on the ground asap, by any possible way, aka Gracie style.

I think Sage had never faced as good striker as Cosmo in bout or even in sparring. So he and his team had too much false self confidence about that world class karate style.
Cosmo would beat any UFC fighter below LHW on kickboxing match. You need to use that MMA game against Cosmo and Sage and his Team didnt pursue that hard enough. They went to play on Cosmos rules.
They thought Sage could just hang standing up with Cosmo and take down would happen in time, but little they did know that Sage was in his first fight against world class striker and he knew nothing about striking. I don't care how many MMA KO's Sage has, kickboxers are different kind of beasts to deal with.
Cosmos official highlights:

Good fighters don't have to fret every accomplishment an opponent has. No management can increase Sage's ability as a fighter. People think becoming champion is like climbing stairs. If you increase the skill of the opponents in small increments you van be built up and become champ. This is just incorrect. Sage is simply not hood enough to beat this top 50 fighter and therefore lost. No easy matches prior would have changed this. Khalil Rountree beat far better strikers on the feet. Sage is not good.

Oh this thread title is tight

I just don't think Sage will continue at all.

Just my feeling on that.

Rogan is right

Sage does well against smaller guys who he can keep at range. Nothing particularly wrong with that, Conor made a career out of it. Now Cosmos is a 6'1 kickboxing veteran ...

Lol @ posters who say that Sage lost because there is no drug testing ... I've even read that Cosmos might have had loaded gloves

<{anton}>
{<jordan}

Back