Rogan: Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone ‘is a done deal’

That's a dope fucking fight I don't get why everyone is complaining. Conor has to win this if he still is going to be one of the faces of this sport.

Dana says it ain't even close. I dunno, ever since Cowboy predicted that 2nd round head kick KO, Conor has been challenging others, like Silva and Aldo. If Cerrone really wants this fight, stay quiet, and don't deter Conor from signing the fight agreement.

But this is a bad match-up for McGregor. He does poorly against pressure fighters, ala Diaz and Khabib. Cerrone's conditioning is light years ahead of Conor's, and he's hungry. Money changes people, McGregor is no longer fighting for his life, just for sport and legacy. And it has affected his performance and character, in an unappealing way. He truly needs to fall in love with Martial Arts again to regain that juggernaut that was KO'ing people at will.

McGregor's only shot in this fight is inside the 1st round. Till and Dos Anjos stopped Cerrone in round 1, and they both did it by reversing the pressure. Conor is going to have to be very agressive right off the hop, and not let Donald gain traction and momentum. As the fight progresses, it heavily favors Cowboy.
Mike Perry is similar to Conor, both aggressive KO artists, and Cerrone wasted him in the 1st round

Prediction: Cerrone via Rear-Naked choke in RD3

Cerrone isn't known for being a power puncher, a wrestler, or a cardio freak, so I'm not seeing much of a threat outside of submissions.

Cerrone has amazing cardio. His wrestling is pretty good now, and his submission game off his back is superb.

I do agree Cerrone isn't a power puncher, but he has a diverse striking game.

Dana says it ain't even close. I dunno, ever since Cowboy predicted that 2nd round head kick KO, Conor has been challenging others, like Silva and Aldo. If Cerrone really wants this fight, stay quiet, and don't deter Conor from signing the fight agreement.

But this is a bad match-up for McGregor. He does poorly against pressure fighters, ala Diaz and Khabib. Cerrone's conditioning is light years ahead of Conor's, and he's hungry. Money changes people, McGregor is no longer fighting for his life, just for sport and legacy. And it has affected his performance and character, in an unappealing way. He truly needs to fall in love with Martial Arts again to regain that juggernaut that was KO'ing people at will.

McGregor's only shot in this fight is inside the 1st round. Till and Dos Anjos stopped Cerrone in round 1, and they both did it by reversing the pressure. Conor is going to have to be very agressive right off the hop, and not let Donald gain traction and momentum. As the fight progresses, it heavily favors Cowboy.
Mike Perry is similar to Conor, both aggressive KO artists, and Cerrone wasted him in the 1st round

Prediction: Cerrone via Rear-Naked choke in RD3

I wonder if there will ever be a fight that favors Conor the longer it goes lol

The fight makes sense ranking wise. It’s funny how McGregor haters claim he doesn’t deserve to be ranked top 3 at LW yet call him a “coward” for fighting Cerrone.
I’m curious to see what they have planned for Tony Ferguson and Dustin Poirier.

Hard fight to pick. If it's gonna end in 1/2 round then Conor probably by KO using his speed and movement plus superior boxing skills. If this fight gonna last longer then Cowboy by finish cause he's bigger, clearly better muay thai and superior grappling skills.
My pick is Conor cause Cowboy didint performed well in big fight and that one is the biggest fight in his career.

At this point, Conor's no longer eligible to call any other fighter in the roster a "bitch", because that's what he's being right now by fighting Cerrone, instead of anyone in the top 5.

Conor is so desparate for a win. Even an old Cowboy will smash him

Crush.gif

It took you a while to respond with that gif to be honest.

If Conor looks anything less than spectacular his stock will drop. Winning will not raise his profile at all.

I don't like this fight for him. I think it's a bad move.

This is easiest fight ever for Conor. Cerrone is a jobber at this point at 36 not to mention he bribable. Money is all he cares about knowing he has no chance in top 5. Fight is a complete joke.

I'ma bet 5K on this and post it. Its guaranteed money.

Exciting fights are those with same shit on the line. Tony or Dustin vs conor since all in pole position.

Smart move by Conor. He beats a barely top 10 Cerrone and he stays a huge star. Losing right now would be terrible for his brand. It's only so much people are willing to shell out cash for somebody that only loses. As much as I dislike him, he is much better than Cerrone right now though you can't count out Cerrone. If Conor loses this, he might be done.

Awesome fight... idk what idiot could bitch about it. Mcgregor got destroyed in his last fight, he needs a winnable fight not a killer ... Cowboy loves to “ fight” and .... it will be entertaining as fuck.

Rogan wouldn't have said that if the fight wasn't close. I bet my life savings on it that Conor will headline UFC 236.

Back