Rogan - "Conor is worth 200 Million dollars but came out like he was Fighting for Food"

It tastes much better than Jameson and Bushmills, its two main Irish whiskey competitors.

But Irish whiskey is disgusting IMO so take of that what you will.

I prefer bourbon, but if somebody offers me proper 12 I’m not gonna say no. I’ve never been a fan of Jameson haha

I dont idolize anyone

I just realize the role he plays as a commentator

If you stop taking him at face value, you'll respect what hes doing a lot more.

He is the best in the game and for good reason.

That night in particular though, he was on his promoter / commentator A game.

The only way I would start paying for PPVs again would be if they implemented a second option for $20 more where I don't have to hear his biased moronic commentating.

It's also possible he made more money off the floyd fight than we realize

Might be something to do with McGregor sports and entertainment and basically playing the role as a promoter. He did also play the biggest role in selling the fight.

I think Floyd did something similar at one point in his career and started getting those promoter dollars.

Just a guess though. Realistically none of us know anything about the actual numbers

True, but i always say a good rule of thumb is, no one ever claims to be making less than they are, they always claim to making more than they are. Take what someone alludes to, divide it by 3, and you are usually in the ball park when their returns get made public.

People love boasting about their wealth and jumping all over flash cars, but go quiet when you ask them for a specific figure. It's ironic when a guy posing in a fur coat in a Veyron tells you that talking about his income is gauche.

The valuation of a business making 5-6 million is based on a 2-3 times multiple of profit. That means Proper 12 would have to have a 70-100 million profit to be valued at 200 million.

We can see from Bushmills accounts on companies House that there has only been a small increase in profits over the last year, and even if we were to attribute ever dollar of that to proper 12, its such a small amount of money that Proper 12 profits are nowhere near 70-100 million. Especially as Bushmills make about 5-6 million a year combined.

I don't know what the the profits of a company have to be to get a 7 times valuation, but I don't think 5 million is anywhere near enough? Could be wrong though.
What profit are you talking about? Net or Gross?

Profit isn't the only contributing factor to this. That's not how businesses are valued. Rev growth rates and gross margin rates change multiples, they also impact what you multiply (Rev, Gross Margin, EBITDA, EBIT or Net Profit).

For instance, public companies right now that are growing close to 100% in rev with ~80% gross margins and are breakeven in EBITDA, get about 25-40x on rev (see Zoom).

Last edited:
how is 100M net worth exaggerated when conor made 30-50M on the khabib fight alone and another 85M off the mayweather fight?

he also made 12M off the aldo fight and another 40M off the diaz fights... so just off those 5 fights he's up to 167M to 187M depending on the actually PPV payouts

all this is without whatever his proper 12 business adds to his net worth and without his cowboy, dustin, alverez and mendes fights and without whatever endorsements/sponsership deals he has, so 200M+ is not hard to believe

I dunno bro, but the guy claimed he was a billionaire back in August of 2019.
I'd take whatever figures he's floating out with a grain of salt.

The valuation of a business making 5-6 million is based on a 2-3 times multiple of profit. That means Proper 12 would have to have a 70-100 million profit to be valued at 200 million.

We can see from Bushmills accounts on companies House that there has only been a small increase in profits over the last year, and even if we were to attribute ever dollar of that to proper 12, its such a small amount of money that Proper 12 profits are nowhere near 70-100 million. Especially as Bushmills make about 5-6 million a year combined.

I don't know what the the profits of a company have to be to get a 7 times valuation, but I don't think 5 million is anywhere near enough? Could be wrong though.

ye, without knowing the legal setup of the companies thats next to impossible to verify. Who owns the company that distributes Proper12? Depending on the shareholder structure and the way the contracts are setup you wont get a complete picture, i.e. Conors may get 60% off the profits for the first few years and then only x %. So that is all just guessing.

how is 100M net worth exaggerated when conor made 30-50M on the khabib fight alone and another 85M off the mayweather fight?

he also made 12M off the aldo fight and another 40M off the diaz fights... so just off those 5 fights he's up to 167M to 187M depending on the actually PPV payouts

all this is without whatever his proper 12 business adds to his net worth and without his cowboy, dustin, alverez and mendes fights and without whatever endorsements/sponsership deals he has, so 200M+ is not hard to believe

These are very high numbers that I doubt, but lets say they are correct, this is before taxes, to consider his earnings for his net worth we would need to know whats left after taxes and expenses.

Cerrone came out like he was fighting for a big payday. Win or lose. Ok, mostly lose.

ye, without knowing the legal setup of the companies thats next to impossible to verify. Who owns the company that distributes Proper12? Depending on the shareholder structure and the way the contracts are setup you wont get a complete picture, i.e. Conors may get 60% off the profits for the first few years and then only x %. So that is all just guessing.

These are very high numbers that I doubt, but lets say they are correct, this is before taxes, to consider his earnings for his net worth we would need to know whats left after taxes and expenses.

Couldn't find any financials from Eire spirits or whatever they were called. Hard to pin down financials if they aren't ltd in Britain :(

It's easy to google his net worth. It's actually around half of what Rogan said. He's worth 110 million.

How would Rogan know?
He's a stand up comedian and not an accountant.

Conor came out strong and fast as usual, and Cowboy didn't do enough to defend.

Keep in mind, 200M could be his net worth based on a valuation of Proper 12 and his percentage ownership, but the company itself could have 0 profit.

giphy.gif

I didn't like his walkout but he won, so everything is forgotten... I like this version of Conor despite I am not his fan.

Back