Rogan - "Conor is worth 200 Million dollars but came out like he was Fighting for Food"

Dang, that Proper 12 must be flying off the shelves.........

How'd we get from an exaggerated 100 million to an even more absurd 200?

Bushmills distillery who produce Proper 12 make £5-6 minion profit per year from all their brands combined.

Yet Conor made $200 million from Proper 12....

Lmfao, the chugging continues
I would probably be considered a Cowboy hater based on my post history. I actually like the guy, but don't think he is very good. But considering all that, you have to still call that type of win impressive. I expected Cowboy to be finished, but it was still impressive.

I would probably be considered a Cowboy hater based on my post history. I actually like the guy, but don't think he is very good. But considering all that, you have to still call that type of win impressive. I expected Cowboy to be finished, but it was still impressive.
Good enough to arguably take a round off tony

Cowboy has his moments

But yes, stylistically this was a terrible match for him and expected. There wasn't much value gained, other than showing Conors head seems to be back where it needs to be

Bushmills distillery who produce Proper 12 make £5-6 minion profit per year from all their brands combined.

Yet Conor made $200 million from Proper 12....
Keep in mind, 200M could be his net worth based on a valuation of Proper 12 and his percentage ownership, but the company itself could have 0 profit.

I dont idolize anyone

I just realize the role he plays as a commentator

If you stop taking him at face value, you'll respect what hes doing a lot more.

He is the best in the game and for good reason.

That night in particular though, he was on his promoter / commentator A game.

We finally agree on something. If you stopped valuing anything Joe says you would be better off.

Good enough to arguably take a round off tony

But yes, stylistically this was a terrible match for him and expected. There wasn't much value gained, other than showing Conors head seems to be back where it needs to be
Cowboy/Tony: which is impressive. He is a good fighter, just not quite a good contender in my book. If you create degrees of quality for contenders.

McGregor: Agreed on all fronts.

I heard it’s garbage, but I bet sales spiked between the fight announcement and fight night.

It tastes much better than Jameson and Bushmills, its two main Irish whiskey competitors.

But Irish whiskey is disgusting IMO so take of that what you will.

We finally agree on something. If you stopped valuing anything Joe says you would be better off.
Well with rogan, people need to understand that hes also a promoter.

Just like Dana, it's his job to sell the fights and fighters.

At the same time, he does know the game, has watched more fights than any of us and has been training martial arts his whole life. So he is speaking real truth

It's not a matter of not listening to him or taking anything he has to say seriously, but drawing the line between his actual knowledge and experience versus his promoter/ commentator mode.

I think a lot of people take him at face value not realizing theres a purpose to everything hes doing.

There is a certain art to playing that role and when you can read between those lines, you can appreciate how good Rogan really is at what he does

That night he was definitely on his A game

Keep in mind, 200M could be his net worth based on a valuation of Proper 12 and his percentage ownership, but the company itself could have 0 profit.

The valuation of a business making 5-6 million is based on a 2-3 times multiple of profit. That means Proper 12 would have to have a 70-100 million profit to be valued at 200 million.

We can see from Bushmills accounts on companies House that there has only been a small increase in profits over the last year, and even if we were to attribute ever dollar of that to proper 12, its such a small amount of money that Proper 12 profits are nowhere near 70-100 million. Especially as Bushmills make about 5-6 million a year combined.

I don't know what the the profits of a company have to be to get a 7 times valuation, but I don't think 5 million is anywhere near enough? Could be wrong though.

Dang, that Proper 12 must be flying off the shelves.........

How'd we get from an exaggerated 100 million to an even more absurd 200?
how is 100M net worth exaggerated when conor made 30-50M on the khabib fight alone and another 85M off the mayweather fight?

he also made 12M off the aldo fight and another 40M off the diaz fights... so just off those 5 fights he's up to 167M to 187M depending on the actually PPV payouts

all this is without whatever his proper 12 business adds to his net worth and without his cowboy, dustin, alverez and mendes fights and without whatever endorsements/sponsership deals he has, so 200M+ is not hard to believe

The valuation of a business is based on a 2-3 times multiple of profit. That means Proper 12 would have to have a 70-100 million profit to be valued at 200 million.

We can see from Bushmills accounts on companies House that there has only been a small increase in profits over the last year, and even if we were to attribute ever dollar of that to proper 12, its such a small amount of money that Proper 12 profits are nowhere near 70-100 million. Especially as Bushmills make about 5-6 million a year combined.
It's also possible he made more money off the floyd fight than we realize

Might be something to do with McGregor sports and entertainment and basically playing the role as a promoter. He did also play the biggest role in selling the fight.

I think Floyd did something similar at one point in his career and started getting those promoter dollars.

Just a guess though. Realistically none of us know anything about the actual numbers

Back