Opinion Rogan and Tim Kennedy blame "defund the police" activists for Uvalde

LOL at these idiots thinking the "defund" movement actually caught on in Texas.

Uvalde PD had 40% of the city's general fund, got millions of dollars from state and federal grants, which purchased brand new body armor for every cop in the department a few of years ago, and the majority of the cops outside the school were actually state troopers whom Greg Abbott had deployed in a DPS tactical unit to the area as part of his border grandstanding.

Uvalde was a demonstration of what a massive waste of money giving military equipment to local cops is.

As for their "emasculation," cops are still protected by qualified immunity, and the Supreme Court just handed down another decision making it more difficult to sue them for incompetence or misconduct. There is no disincentive whatsoever for cops using whatever force they want to.

Chicago PD just got caught shooting an unarmed kid who had his hands up in the back, and the officers involved will likely get away with it.

If anything is to blame for incidents like Uvalde and Parkland, where cops refuse to takedown active shooters, it's the SCOTUS decision that held that they have no duty to protect the general public.

Rogan is one of the dumbest fucks who's ever had a major platform. This guy literally knows nothing about anything and just agrees with whoever is sat in front of him.

Tim Kennedy has always been a total fucking moron (who says shit like Edmond is a "terrorist sympathizer" because he's Armenian). Rogan used to be better than this, but sadly he's regressed. Cops ignored their own training and post-Columbine protocols and acted cowardly, setting up a perimeter and preventing parents from saving their children when the cops wouldn't.

Defunding the police is the most overblown excuse, it gets blamed even in places where police budgets have stayed the same or even gone up. I'm all for police being properly paid, funded and trained, but militarized police is a waste of money and warrior training against civilians and less strict rules of engagement for dealing with citizens in the US than for active-duty military in a war zone is fucking ridiculous. And people pretending like cops going after an active shooter at an elementary school will be scrutinized like cops who shoot an unarmed person is pure bullshit. The cops will rightfully be viewed as heroes in these situations.

Its still wrong though because the Uvalde school district police had an active school shooter training just two months before the actual school shooting and the commander had completed an eight hour online course just six months before and yet they still went against their training. How much training do these guys need? Do they need to do active school shooter training every month? Every two weeks?

Reality is that the cops we have posted at schools are maybe a rung above your average mall cop. If you have a bunch of brave and industrious officers you're not going to waste their talent having them sit on their ass at an elementary school so they can deal with 10 yr olds having temper tantrums because there's a 1 in a million chance a school shooting will happen. That's why these cops, armed to the teeth and trained in active shooter doctrine, failed miserably; if they were actually good cops they wouldn't be SROs. And why the ones who actually did the shooter in were BORTAC, because those guys are Fed boys trained for firefights and are expected to be thrown into them. They've probably never had an active school shooter training exercise but that doesn't matter, they're guys who are mentally prepared to engage in firefights as part of their job unlike your average SRO who at best is prepared to wrestle some handcuffs on a teenager half his size.
You're not kidding. I even saw one of these clowns get exposed as a predator. Definitely scraping from the bottom of the barrel.

I would still like to know what went into the decisions that got made that day because it's very bizarre and appears to be a mind-blowing dereliction of duty. But it seems that the TS and his friends would have condemned the cops nor matter what they did. They could have built a time machine and peacefully stopped the shooter and he would damn them for fasicst pre-crime tactics.
This is complete disingenuous bullshit. People criticize the cops who didn't go in and praise the Border Patrol officer who finally went in and took the shooter out. No one's criticizing cops for going after active shooters at elementary schools. This is a total hack argument.

That's because the Uvalde police have been lying about this from day 1 and are now more concerned with covering their ass than getting to the bottom of what happened. Given that do you really find it surprising that people's confidence in that PD has plummeted?

In THAT PD department? Sure.

It must have taken some effort to come up with the fucking dumbest possible take on this one. Sprinkle in some broken english and BAM you have gold!
You attacked me wrongfully with ad hominem and only because my post triggered you.

You haven't yet replied to the article i provided to which i make the point from.
How has getting the police out of schools been working out for Liberals and those liberals pushing a policy such as that one?

Last edited:
You haven't yet replied to the article i provided to which i make the point from.
How has getting the police out of schools been working out for Liberals and those liberals pushing a policy such as that one?
I don't know that you ever replied to my comment to begin with. It sounded like you thought that the fuck up in Uvalde was because the police were worried about how the public would react if they tried to stop the guy from killing kids. That is incomprehensibly dumb.

Rogan is just extremely biased.. I don't think he means harm, I just think he is set in his ways.. he is old

Kennedy, on the other hand, guns are part of his business.. I think he is being disingenuous about this topic..

Are there people out there that actually take Rogan seriously? Just a few years ago he couldn’t go 5 minutes without talking about how much kale he eats. Now he’s “not completely sure that vegetables are bad for you or not.” The guy just goes along with whatever pseudoscience he last heard. He’s become just a biased reactionary.

In THAT PD department? Sure.
Well yes if we're talking about the Uvalde shooting that is the relevant PD to be talking about though that said a lot of what the Uvalde PD are doing are hardly unique to them, its just rare to see the police try this hard to cover their asses in the wake of a amass shooting.

My favorite is when they blocked Build Back Better from passing, and now blame Build Back Better for current economic woes. An entire party of schizos.

Or sleazes. Maybe WR posters are dumb enough to legitimately believe that stuff, but the people claiming it on Fox or Breitbart know better. There's just a belief in the rightist media that outright lying is a legitimate argument tactic.

Well yes if we're talking about the Uvalde shooting that is the relevant PD to be talking about though that said a lot of what the Uvalde PD are doing are hardly unique to them, its just rare to see the police try this hard to cover their asses in the wake of a amass shooting.

The notion of them excessively lying to "cover their asses" is a bit exaggerated. Initially believing the exterior door was left open, for example, was presented as another "lie" they told to cover up their mistakes. It doesn't make sense. Maybe that was what they were initially told? There were some outright lies spread around to make the police look worse too.

As far as clamming up now and getting lawyers involved, they certainly see how the media is portraying it and how some of the American people's perceptions of their actions (or inactions). They know they're gonna get sued to high hell, so the lawyers probably told them to shut up. They have a right to remain silent too, if they're potentially facing charges and/or a lawsuit.

The notion of them excessively lying to "cover their asses" is a bit exaggerated. Initially believing the exterior door was left open, for example, was presented as another "lie" they told to cover up their mistakes. It doesn't make sense. Maybe that was what they were initially told? There were some outright lies spread around to make the police look worse too.

As far as clamming up now and getting lawyers involved, they certainly see how the media is portraying it and how some of the American people's perceptions of their actions (or inactions). They know they're gonna get sued to high hell, so the lawyers probably told them to shut up. They have a right to remain silent too, if they're potentially facing charges and/or a lawsuit.
We can't know if they're lying but at this point you're the only guy I've seen who trusts them despite the flood of misinformation we've got from them.

Lying about the door makes perfect sense, in the wake of their obvious failure the police are trying to spread the blame and they chose that poor teacher.

If you watch the front end of this interview... Tim Kennedy is Captain America. No shit. The guy saved more people in Afghanistan sneaking in and out with a small team than anyone beside the U.S. Government themselves. It's a pretty compelling interview at the start.

I don't know that you ever replied to my comment to begin with. It sounded like you thought that the fuck up in Uvalde was because the police were worried about how the public would react if they tried to stop the guy from killing kids. That is incomprehensibly dumb.

It sounded like you thought that the fuck up in Uvalde was because the police were worried about how the public would react if they tried to stop the guy from killing kids
It wasn't. It was the opposite and i would never defend such scums.

We can't know if they're lying but at this point you're the only guy I've seen who trusts them despite the flood of misinformation we've got from them.

That's a bit of exaggeration about me "trusting" them. We won't know the whole truth for some time, I imagine. I think there was some horrible mistakes made with tragic results and the public deserves to know the truth. For now, we can only go by what's out there and what makes sense to us.

Lying about the door makes perfect sense, in the wake of their obvious failure the police are trying to spread the blame and they chose that poor teacher.

You don't know if they offered that information as a lie, or because of misinformation they initially received. It also doesn't make sense, as whether the door was propped open or not says nothing about the police response. If they relayed that info because it's what they heard, that's not blaming somebody. Let's say you're right though, and they wanted to blame her for leaving the door open as a way to take some heat off of them. We now know the teacher DID close the door, but it did not lock like it was supposed to. Why aren't they re-blaming her for not double checking if the door was locked?

Back