rogan and Goldie

Joe loves Goldberg. He busts his balls sometimes, but that's just their repoire.

What's happening with Goldberg?

I think Rogan/Goldberg are a great combo, they make things accessible to the casual fan and are not too annoying for the hardcore fan. Pretty hard for any 2 guys to hit that balance imo.

I don't think so. And I love Goldie and Rogan together, wouldn't want anyone else but adding a third guy would be cool sometimes, like Bas or even Sonnen.

This is great idea. I can't remember which fight it was, but Rampage was a guest commentator for one of Wanderlei's fights in Pride...I think it was during one of the GPs. Very entertaining because Rampage disliked Wanderlei but was pulling for him to win so they could meet in the final. This could work in the UFC, having the "next guy in line" guest commentating for a title fight.

I'm 100% sure he doesn't watch a single fight that he doesn't commentate.

Yeah, but he commented just about every major PPV the UFC has had for ages, so that's a lot of fights he's seen. He's got to keep himself a little ignorant, otherwise he'd have to pretend he was, so Rogan can explain things to him--him, and the people at home. You can't have two know-it-alls in there.

This is great idea. I can't remember which fight it was, but Rampage was a guest commentator for one of Wanderlei's fights in Pride...I think it was during one of the GPs. Very entertaining because Rampage disliked Wanderlei but was pulling for him to win so they could meet in the final. This could work in the UFC, having the "next guy in line" guest commentating for a title fight.

I remember Rampage being a guest commentator during the Fedor vs Fujita fight... "Is that his teeth? What is that? ::laughs:: Something wrong with his grill, man, you need to get that checked out next time before you fight again."

Guys, it's a game.

Goldie plays the less knowledgable guy with the golden voice, and joe plays the ground-expert.

Goldie is not clueless like the broadcasts would suggest, he's trying to appeal to a broader market, people that are casuals.

It's a call and answer kind of duo. It's part of the game.

Id rather Goldie who stays neutral and is a genuine fan of MMA. The odd slip up is fine, Id rather hear Rogan correct Goldie than Rogan trying over and over to encourage that Anik bum to do his job and talk.

Guys, it's a game.

Goldie plays the less knowledgable guy with the golden voice, and joe plays the ground-expert.

Goldie is not clueless like the broadcasts would suggest, he's trying to appeal to a broader market, people that are casuals.

It's a call and answer kind of duo. It's part of the game.

Exactly, its really a perfect fit. It educates the casuals as wel.

Exactly, its really a perfect fit. It educates the casuals as wel.

I think the weak link is actually Joe Rogan.

Unprofessional spaz with stupid offensive comments and bias towards fights. Just to paraphrase.

"WHAT?! RANDY WON? WHAT IS WITH THE JUDGING IN THIS SPORT! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Calling the ring girls bitches
"Rape Choke"
"How fat can you be and still be a ref"
"Comes from behind more than Lance Bass"

God I wish he would just go away.

Unprofessional spaz with stupid offensive comments and bias towards fights. Just to paraphrase.

"WHAT?! RANDY WON? WHAT IS WITH THE JUDGING IN THIS SPORT! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH"

"Rape Choke"

Joe has commentated for years and that's all you got?

"Rape Choke"

Completely agree. Also, his obsession with fighters junk it rather annoying along with the shameless promotion for the compression cups.

He finally stopped using 10th Planet JJ terms, which was really fucking annoying.

And I can't stand him screaming at the top of his lungs everytime a fighter gets rocked.

Goldie is just is pathetic. Someone else said it, but he obviously doesn't like the sport much. He's been commentating for over 10 years and is still grossly inaccurate comments about aspects of the game. The only thing Goldie brings to the fights are the paid announcements, notification that we are at the halfway point of each round, and "IT'S ALL OVER!" Waste of an announcer.

Florian and Anik are fine with me.

I remember when Anik actually said "just so you know folks, Stephens shorts are not miked up" when Cerrone kicked Jeremy Stephens in the balls and it made a loud thud. Yeah Anik, Jeremy has his balls miked up. "check, check, one, two, THREE? WTF
:icon_lol:

Back