Rodriguez Should Fight Weili Next

you know what you have a point good bounce back for welli of great jump up for marina

Thank you and what about Joanna Vs Dern? I’d love to see that.
Damn, you have this covered. Question is, who gets the title shot if Joanna wins her fight with Dern, and Rodriguez wins her fight with Weili?

I hope Rose is bloody active, this division is on fire!

Either pairing makes sense to me

JJ vs. Rod would be sick too.

So Dern vs. Weili and JJ vs. Rod or Rod vs. Weili and JJ vs. Dern would be logical in my book.

Damn, you have this covered. Question is, who gets the title shot if Joanna wins her fight with Dern, and Rodriguez wins her fight with Weili?

I think it should be Rodriguez IMO. Only because Joanna hasn’t fought since her fight with Weili and because she’s already fought Rose twice.

Yes! This division is really great and exciting. Definitely one of my favourite divisions in the UFC.

JJ lost twice to Rose so the answer would emphatically be Rod in that case I think.

Esparza vs. Yan seems like the logical for absolute next title shot, no? Great storyline with Rose getting the chance to avenge the TUF Finale title loss to Carla. IF Carla beats Yan. Which, honestly, while it could happen, I think Yan has a great chance in taking that.

I think it should be Rodriguez IMO. Only because Joanna hasn’t fought since her fight with Weili and because she’s already fought Rose twice.

Yes! This division is really great and exciting. Definitely one of my favourite divisions in the UFC.
Fair enough! I'm biased towards Joanna cause I think she should have won that Weili fight, but Rodriguez is super entertaining, and her vs Rose is a guaranteed banger.

JJ lost twice to Rose so the answer would emphatically be Rod in that case I think.

Esparza vs. Yan seems like the logical for absolute next title shot, no? Great storyline with Rose getting the chance to avenge the TUF Finale title loss to Carla. IF Carla beats Yan. Which, honestly, while it could happen, I think Yan has a great chance in taking that.
Yep, winner of Esparza Yan gets the first TS.

We are living in a world in which Esparza could be the next champ. WAR COOKIE MONSTER!!!!
<{JustBleed}>

Best case scenario for Joanna's title prospects is that Carla beats Yan, gets a title shot, and happens to beat Rose. Considering how Joanna dominated Esparza, that would be a clear path for her to get back into the title picture.

As it stands, while Carla might win that fight in a couple of weeks, I don't see her beating Rose again. She executed an awesome game plan in their first fight and really sapped the fight out of Rose after a competitive first round in that inaugural straw weight title fight. However, since then, Rose has looked better and better. I'd imagine it would be a drubbing in Namajunas' favor as this point. She's just so sharp both as a striker and submission artist. That said, if Carla can put her on her back, things might get interesting.

Yep, winner of Esparza Yan gets the first TS.

We are living in a world in which Esparza could be the next champ. WAR COOKIE MONSTER!!!!
<{JustBleed}>

She's quite good. She just lacks that x-factor that would make for a long-term championship run. She has fundamentally improved her striking and shows good in and out movement, but she will never be on the level of people like Rodrigues and JJ and Rose in that dimension. She has very good grappling, but people with the takedown defense of Joanna and Weili will be highly problematic for her. She would have to fight an extremely effective fight to defeat Rose again.

Fair enough! I'm biased towards Joanna cause I think she should have won that Weili fight, but Rodriguez is super entertaining, and her vs Rose is a guaranteed banger.
I thought Joanna won the fight too honestly. I was shocked when they gave Weili the win but when I watched it again it was closer than I thought.

Agreed! And I can’t wait for Tatiana Suarez to return. So many amazing match ups to make.

She's quite good. She just lacks that x-factor that would make for a long-term championship run. She has fundamentally improved her striking and shows good in and out movement, but she will never be on the level of people like Rodrigues and JJ and Rose in that dimension. She has very good grappling, but people with the takedown defense of Joanna and Weili will be highly problematic for her. She would have to fight an extremely effective fight to defeat Rose again.

Oh yeah, I fully expect Joanna, Rose, Weili, etc to wreck her. But on the off chance that she somehow managed to win the title back, it would be one of the craziest underdog stories in MMA.

If Xianon/Esparza winner gets the title shot this makes sense. I would be down with Joanna/Zhang 2 as well but she's so picky and idk if she is even coming back.

Dern needs a big fight too.

Esparza vs. Yan seems like the logical for absolute next title shot, no?

I do not think Petr Yan should get a title shot coming right off a DQ loss, even if he does change genders and weight class.

If Xianon/Esparza winner gets the title shot this makes sense. I would be down with Joanna/Zhang 2 as well but she's so picky and idk if she is even coming back.

Dern needs a big fight too.

JJ vs. Rod seems like a slam dunk of a fight to me. Great stylistic matchup between two of the best strikers in the division.

That said, you would then have Dern vs. Weili, which I think is solid as well.

In a way, though, Dern vs. Rod would almost be the most interesting title eliminator though because it's a fresh contender and they will present strong challenges to one another. Rod's weakest point plays into Dern's strength and Dern would have to find a way to keep Rod from mauling her before she could cinch up a takedown.

JJ vs. Rod seems like a slam dunk of a fight to me. Great stylistic matchup between two of the best strikers in the division.

That said, you would then have Dern vs. Weili, which I think is solid as well.

In a way, though, Dern vs. Rod would almost be the most interesting title eliminator though because it's a fresh contender and they will present strong challenges to one another. Rod's weakest point plays into Dern's strength and Dern would have to find a way to keep Rod from mauling her before she could cinch up a takedown.
I don't think there is a wrong to match them all up, except for Rose/Zhang immediate rematch. Which will probably happen, unless Xianon beats Esparza. Either way Dana wants a Chinese challenger next.

Back