Rodrigo Minotauro Wants To Fight For The Heavyweight Belt Again

Can we just agree that Mir just seems to have Nog's number and that it's not an indication that Nog can't beat anyone better than Mir? Kind of how Barnett is somehow 0-3 against Cro Cop but is still a threat to the top of the division while Cro Cop is not.

If Nog gets by Werdum, he should get one more win over a top contender before getting a title shot. If Werdum wins, he jumps to the front of the line after the expected Cain-Overeem fight.

Can we just agree that Mir just seems to have Nog's number and that it's not an indication that Nog can't beat anyone better than Mir? Kind of how Barnett is somehow 0-3 against Cro Cop but is still a threat to the top of the division while Cro Cop is not.

I don't agree.

OOOh, ooooh, look, everyone!!! Now he's making excuses for Werdum's loss against him. Ohhh, I hate Brazilians, always making excuses and sticking up for each other.

Looks like he just calls fights as he sees them, when asked about them. Like, you know, a guy who fights and pays attention to fights.

I don't agree.

How so? Is Nog too far gone to compete at a Top 10 level? Or did Frank just get lucky the first two times and Nog would take the rubber match?

ETA: I guess it could be both if your opinion of Mir is low enough...

Nog said he wants to fight for a hw title again?? Was this at a comedy night charity event in brazil or something?? I guess he would always try his luck over at bellator

How so? Is Nog too far gone to compete at a Top 10 level? Or did Frank just get lucky the first two times and Nog would take the rubber match?

ETA: I guess it could be both if your opinion of Mir is low enough...

I'll elaborate. Nog is too far gone to fight at an elite (championship) level, and Barnett is no longer a significant threat either.

I don't agree.

Nog lost twice to Mir but he could beat him.

I would pick Nog in a 3rd fight actually.

Nog had Mir rocked with his face buried in the mat before he stopped pounding (after a ref warning) and stupidly gave up position.

Nog could obviously beat Mir. Doesn't mean that he would....but he could.

In his last 3 he blasted Schaub, floored and rocked Mir, and dominated Herman.

Use more than fight finder my friend. His standup looks much better and his head movement is active. He will outstrike Werdum and stop his takedowns and win

Herman is a complete non-contender who was on a two fight losing streak (both of them KO's).

Schaub probably has the worst chin of any HW in the UFC.

And this was the result of the that Mir fight, which Nog fans seem to completely ignore (or they excuse it with some silly drivel about how it was Herb Dean's fault or how Mir was "clearly unconscious").
11_Mir_Nogueira_181.jpg

If you would like to believe he has another title run in him, you are more than welcome to do so. I strongly disagree.

Nog said he wants to fight for a hw title again?? Was this at a comedy night charity event in brazil or something?? I guess he would always try his luck over at bellator

Some of you clowns are too disrespectful.

He wants to fight for the belt. He may never reach that level again but there is nothing wrong with setting a goal and trying to achieve it.

If Nog gets by Werdum, he should get one more win over a top contender before getting a title shot. If Werdum wins, he jumps to the front of the line after the expected Cain-Overeem fight.

I don't agree, I think there's a number of guys in the top 10 that can beat Nog at this point, and as time goes on he will continue to fight the Schaubs and Hermans of the sport in brazilian events.

And this was the result of the that Mir fight, which Nog fans seem to completely ignore (or they excuse it with some silly drivel about how it was Herb Dean's fault or how Mir was "clearly unconscious").

No one blames Herb. Nog had the fight and Nog stupidly decided to stop pounding him after Herb issued the warning. It was Nog's fault...not Herb's.

So with a loss, is Nog entering the same territory in his career as Wanderlei?

In his last 3 he blasted Schaub, floored and rocked Mir, and dominated Herman.

Use more than fight finder my friend. His standup looks much better and his head movement is active. He will outstrike Werdum and stop his takedowns and win

Schaub isn't all that good, and the fight against Herman was a joke.
I desperately want Nog to get his win against Mir though. But he's had two shots and, while I think that Herb Dean fucked his second attempt, he doesn't really deserve a third.

Nog is done, and guys who act like he isn't are just helping to rob his prime years of their legitimacy.

I don't agree, I think there's a number of guys in the top 10 that can beat Nog at this point, and as time goes on he will continue to fight the Schaubs and Hermans of the sport in brazilian events.

There are 3 Top 10 HWs that I would favor Nog over

Russow (shouldn't be top 10 but is)
Mir (in a 3rd match I would pick Nog for reasons stated in previous posts)
Bigfoot (only slightly)

I would be split on who to pick between him and Barnett.

He is still top 10 but isn't top 5 anymore. Big deal. The guy is still a great fighter despite the wars and starting MMA way back in the 90's.

Hardly any MMA fighter stays in the top 10 after that long of a career.

True, but some people are letting nostalgia get the better of them here.

I don't think Nog will get a title shot again but he is still a Top 10 HW.

That means he is still elite after all these years.

I would not want to see him face guys like Overeem or Cormier but the lower portion of the top 10 would make for some good matchups

Back