Rodolfo Viera

Its out now

https://secureorderbjj.com/rodolfo-vieira-jiu-jitsu-domination/

$47 if you get the 3 discs for digital access, seems pretty good!

There is a limited run of 1000, where you get the 3 physical copies of the dvd's and a 4th bonus disk for $77, apparently its usually $164.

I really hate the marketing of the website though. If it wasn't Vieira it would almost be off putting.

I'd say that is the one thing that bugs me a wee bit. But not much of a biggie as delete buttons are not that hard.

read the other guys review - kinda sucks that the sound is sub par but I used the pass and submission (bread cutter) 3 times on friday night.

They should just run them through a regular website- i understandthat they get some profits if you use their link.

anyhow-im not into digital but I agree you should have a choice - i prefer dvds (just my preference) over digital.

I got the DVD today and watched it during work.. (shhhhh)

I was a bit disappointed with the production of the DVD. Audio kind of goes in and out. There were multiple parts where you can hear a loud motorcycle passing by. There also parts where you can clearly hear the camera man's phone vibrating.. to a point I thought it was mine on the table. With all the recent BJJ DVDs having really nice sound, lighting and HD camera, I just expected better production for Rodolfo's DVD.

As for the instructions, nothing was ground breaking or new. They are his bread and butter passes and submissions. Really shows that he just makes these simple moves work pressure and technique. It was cool to see the little points he talks about each move. If you enjoy his style of BJJ, it's worth watching.

How is the drilling DVD? Was hoping to see anything on how he likes to go side to side with the bullfighter for example.

How is the drilling DVD? Was hoping to see anything on how he likes to go side to side with the bullfighter for example.

Rodolfo is my favorite, I am a huge fan, but this DVD definitively harms him more than helps him.

Production quality is low much like others have pointed out. The translator has a very monotonic voice, and speaks with very low energy, which makes it difficult to watch. It feels like a DVD that was recorded on somebody's basement.

That being said, it is Rodolfo, and I am happy to support him. I wish he had better guidance in terms of creating the DVD.

In terms of the bonus material this is my view:
It covers some drills to pass the guard, either from spider, lasso, or toreando style passing. He shows some of his side to side passing on the lasso drill.

The drills are a little bit frustrating because he doesnt go into a lot of detail on where his weight should be or where to put pressure. It all looks seamless because it is Rodolfo, but being a blue belt it just doesnt work out of the box for me.

Every time he performs the drill you have to pay special attention to everything he is doing, sometimes he changes his position or grips slightly, with makes it difficult for a beginner to understand. He shows multiple ways to do every drill, but not tons of details are offered.

I have not seen the main DVDs, only the bonus, and even though I am excited to learn from Rodolfo, it certainly feels like a half ass production.

Big Rodolfo fan so these reviews are disappointing...maybe he can make a DVD in the future with Digitsu or something.

Also I wonder if Rodolfo is even getting any money for these sales...he hasn't been advertising it at all anywhere. In fact the only person I've seen advertising it is Lovato and if you skim some of the descriptions on the page you see stuff like this:

"Stack Pass: This ain't your average stack pass. Lovato shows the details that has him pull off such a basic pass, on the best BJJ players in the World."

"Inverted Guard Passing: Inverted guards are just plain old frustrating when done right, and if you don't know what do do with them you get stuck like a fly in peanut butter. Let Lovato break down his exact method squashing those pesky upside down players like a bug."

Another thing I've never understood in the BJJ community is the whole "exclusive dvd deals" or "limited quantities" of DVDs/books etc. pretty ridiculous.

Would love to support Rodolfo but I think I'll save my money on this set and hope he does something better in the future.

Big Rodolfo fan so these reviews are disappointing...maybe he can make a DVD in the future with Digitsu or something.

Also I wonder if Rodolfo is even getting any money for these sales...he hasn't been advertising it at all anywhere. In fact the only person I've seen advertising it is Lovato and if you skim some of the descriptions on the page you see stuff like this:

"Stack Pass: This ain't your average stack pass. Lovato shows the details that has him pull off such a basic pass, on the best BJJ players in the World."

"Inverted Guard Passing: Inverted guards are just plain old frustrating when done right, and if you don't know what do do with them you get stuck like a fly in peanut butter. Let Lovato break down his exact method squashing those pesky upside down players like a bug."

Another thing I've never understood in the BJJ community is the whole "exclusive dvd deals" or "limited quantities" of DVDs/books etc. pretty ridiculous.

Would love to support Rodolfo but I think I'll save my money on this set and hope he does something better in the future.

Rodolfo probably got some sort of flat fee for making the DVDs, Lovato is marketing them because if you buy them from his link he gets some sort of fee.

I agree with you as far as hoping he makes a series with another company. I don't know exactly how big the instructional market is these days, but the fact that companies keep putting them out must mean there's a decent demand. Hopefully in the future people will makes their DVDs with Budovideos/Digitsu/ground fighter instead of with whoever so making these low budget ones.

I got the 3 free techniques and had to put in my email... I unsubscribed after this.

Just IMAGINE the look on their faces...

"Dude, how did you get so good at Jiu Jitsu?!"

That is the questions your training partners will be asking...

When, "all of a sudden" you are passing their toughest guards...

And you just happen to be catching them in slick submissions
from positions they have never seen before...

quick review

+ It's Rodolfo
+ he does show the morote Drop Seoi and combo with Ouchi

- Production isn't great
- some random collection of moves feel
- nothing groundbreaking
- explanations are soso
-production is soso

I got this and was disappointed. Agree with The hEed, nothing ground breaking or new. I didn't feel the need to drill the moves on the DVD before reviewing because I've already drilled a good chunck of the moves on the DVDs. Explanations are kind of sparse in some parts. It's definitely a cut below Saulo/Braulio/Mendes bros with regards to explanation. The production isn't great but it's good enough if the content were better.

I was probably most disappointed with selection of moves. When I think Rodolfo, I think explosive side to side passing. Instead I get slow pressure passing and some stuff about cross chokes from mount? A DLR armbar? Disc 3 is a bunch of disjointed moves that don't really flow together at all. I would have loved to see 20 minutes discussing the torreada, how he goe back and forth, his transitions and so on. Or much more about his signature takedowns. HIs individual techniques aren't that revolutionary but obviously in aggregate it is revolutionary or he wouldn't get the results he does. I just didn't get that sense at all on watching the DVDs. Not much popped out to me.

There are some nice things on here - I like seeing how Rodolfo does the cross face knee slide, the morote drop seoi. There's just not enough to make it worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back