Rocky Marciano vs Holyfield at cruiserweight. Who wins?

Combine that with Marciano constantly pushing forward and that could get interesting indeed
i really think it would come down to how much marciano could weather the storm in the first half of the fight, if he could made it through the first six without getting too badly smashed, he might be able to make it competitive. if he couldn't get to holyfields body early and survive the initial onslaught, he would get mulled.

At cruiser, dehydrated Holyfield gets beat in the 14th.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-10-25-sp-4154-story.html?_amp=true

"We put him on intravenous fluids and put 12 liters of fluid into him before he could produce a drop of urine. He was maybe a few hours away from striated muscle breakdown, and if those byproducts had clogged up his kidneys, his boxing career not only might have been over, he could have wound up on a kidney machine the rest of his life"

I truly could not give a fuck less what you think. You are a troll and/or clown and reconfirmed it by yet again with your obsession with Loma.

Somehow I keep responding to you before realizing who Im responding to.
i refuse to take someone that thinks ward would beat marciano seriously.

At cruiser, dehydrated Holyfield gets beat in the 14th.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-10-25-sp-4154-story.html?_amp=true

"We put him on intravenous fluids and put 12 liters of fluid into him before he could produce a drop of urine. He was maybe a few hours away from striated muscle breakdown, and if those byproducts had clogged up his kidneys, his boxing career not only might have been over, he could have wound up on a kidney machine the rest of his life"
gotta love weight cutting...

Love the Rock, but Cruiserweight Holyfield might be THE best example of a "Brick Shithouse" in boxing. Marciano would not be able to deal with that level of activity. Prime Holyfield had an iron chin and video game cheat level recovery.

Although I believe Marciano is a great boxer with underestimated defense, his style would not perform well at the elite level in recent generations. Size aside, he'd need to tighten up his defense and work on his mobility. Prime Holyfield was a great example of expert technique complimenting a fighters physical attributes.

Love the Rock, but Cruiserweight Holyfield might be THE best example of a "Brick Shithouse" in boxing. Marciano would not be able to deal with that level of activity. Prime Holyfield had an iron chin and video game cheat level recovery.

Although I believe Marciano is a great boxer with underestimated defense, his style would not perform well at the elite level in recent generations. Size aside, he'd need to tighten up his defense and work on his mobility. Prime Holyfield was a great example of expert technique complimenting a fighters physical attributes.

Holyfield was on roids

Then stop replying to my posts you fucking clown.
ease up on the turbo, your not very good at this game are you. you should take lessons from @Yacob and @aries, at least they know how to engage in a "lively" debate without shedding tears, or becoming emotionally anguished. you probably think canelo would beat marciano also, that's cool, some people believe the earth is flat.

Punching hard would be pretty far down on the list....that's not what i mean by artillery.

Holyfield is way bigger and has more versatility.

And an old Walcott dropped Rocky a couple times....Walcott was a good puncher for that time but probably somewhere in Evanders ballpark except Holyfield appears to me to have quicker hands.

Rocky would refuse to quit and get fucked up for 36 minutes straight. Holyfield would just let him walk into his shots and Marciano wouldn't have a backup option due to the difference in physical attributes
For a guy only boxing for a year, you seem to have a solid grasp of strategy and how styles make fights. Good addition to forum, and good luck with your career.

that was an exaggeration obviously. but i wouldn't favour his chances of being champ in the seventies in the slightest. not sure if you have been watching him lately, but he didn't look the best against campbell and pedraza. do you seriously think he would do well against guys like duran, cervantes and arguello?
To be fair, Loma has gone up in weight, and he's see a great many styles along the way in the ammies. Not a lot he isn't prepared for, imo, but there are some dangerous fights for him at 130 and 135. Let's see how he does. Many gold medalists are beaten in the pros, Andre Ward was truly unique. And to be fair (again) the only loss on his record was to a guy who's style was super unique to the pro's. Salido's tactics are as pro as you can go.

For a guy only boxing for a year, you seem to have a solid grasp of strategy and how styles make fights. Good addition to forum, and good luck with your career.
Thank you very much, i appreciate that.

I should have been fighting a long time before i started to be honest....been a big fan for most of my life

as much as evander accomplished at heavy, he had more power and strength as a cruiser, or even a lightheavy that he was when he was at the olympics, he had real kayo power. One of the last well taught fighters in the division who had a history of technique in him. no one had more heart than the rock and no one threw more punches. It's not an easy fight for either, holyfield still says his toughest fight was the first one with the 5-6 quawi. rocky cut easily and he was fortunate not to ever lose on a cut, that's the biggest factor in his fighting an ali, a holmes or a holyfield. we already know he was tough and wouldn't quit unless he was dead but skin is just skin and there was nothing he could do about that unless you believe like dempsey did, that you could soak your face in brine.

Thank you very much, i appreciate that.

I should have been fighting a long time before i started to be honest....been a big fan for most of my life
only a year of boxing and your going to run rings around me? probably would, i'm pretty old and have always been a bit on the slow side. looking forward to watching you fight.

gotta love weight cutting...

Well that, and he had just had a ferocious 15 round fight, which i suppose is relevant to this thread. Holyfield probably outworks Rocky over 12 rounds. Marciano grinds him down if its a 15 rounder.

Jersey Joe Walcott said that Marciano was amateurish and would be an easy fight. There is something about Marciano's ugly style that makes people think they can flatly predict he would be outclassed by so-and-so, it just didn't seem to work that way in practice.

Back