Rockhold's history of pulling out of fights due to injuries

This has to be one of these things that is very frustrating for Chris, because in terms of his legacy he really wants to get that win back. But Luke is made of glass. So it is what it is.

Khabib - Welterweight
Rockhold - Light-heavyweight
Cormier - Heavyweight or lose that damn belly and stay LHW

At least we know he’s not pulling out of fights because he’s scared. Luke will fight anybody. AKA is a rough gym. They work way too hard and do a lot of ridiculous workouts that just aren’t good for you. It’s like a giant dick measuring contest over there and people injure themselves doing something stupid or simply sparring/rolling too hard (sounds a little ghey). They’re definitely a great gym in terms of producing high level fighters, but they are way too violent there.

Scott Coker waiting for ya with open arms buddy. It's time, and it's okay, all you need to do is pick up the phone.

He goes to AKA occasionally but it seems that the majority of his time is spent at HardKnocks. He lives full-time in Florida now

He still has Javier in his corner but that's more for sentimental reasons
Makes sense, he did seem to still be close with Javier and DC. Wasn't aware he's living in Florida full time. I'm no fan of Rockhold but that's cool that he kept the relationship good and there's no juvenile beef like with TAM and TJ.

Shin infection, knee sprain and recently broke his nose. Man that fight camp sucked for luke

Fight with Matt Lindland, Oct 9, 2010
Fight with Tim Kennedy, March 5, 2011
Fight with Larkin, Nov 3, 2012
Fight with Larkin, Jan 12, 2013
Fight with Tim Boetsch Oct 19, 2013
Fight with Jacare, Nov 27, 2016
Fight with Gus, Aug 4, 2018
Fight with Weidman, Nov 3, 1018

I didn't realize how many of his fights have gotten canceled. He's spent practically half his career rehabbing injuries.

All those are not Luke fault
Weedman hurt his neck
Whitaker knee
Kennedy rebooked for shows

But yeah - This is the toughest sport in the world - so many way to lose and you must train everything and have cardio - and everyone over-trains 5-8 hrs a day unlike most sports 1-2 hrs practice.

IT IS WHAT IT IS!

Last edited:
All those are not Luke fault
Weedman hurt his neck
Whitaker knee
Kennedy rebooked for shows

No, they are all his fault. I ignored the cases where his opponent was the one to pull out.

At least we know he’s not pulling out of fights because he’s scared. Luke will fight anybody. AKA is a rough gym. They work way too hard and do a lot of ridiculous workouts that just aren’t good for you. It’s like a giant dick measuring contest over there and people injure themselves doing something stupid or simply sparring/rolling too hard (sounds a little ghey). They’re definitely a great gym in terms of producing high level fighters, but they are way too violent there.

Somehow Cormier managed enough fights to build his legacy. Rockhold probably will too when it's all said and done. But for some reason Cain is the one guy who barely has a career. I still don't know how good he is.

Untitled-1-71.jpg

Back