Rockhold vs Weidman II - Will it ever happen?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is the classic East vs West Coast MMA Shit...

rockhold.png

My Anderson Silva.

I hope so. The great thing about that fight would be that one of those smug dipshits have to lose. I'd prefer Weidman to win, the salt that would come from Luke would be epic.

Wish we would have got it at 205. The first one was awesome.

Let's see how Weidman does at 205 against Reyes.

Literally the fight I want to see

Luke is probably going to sit out for a while if the broken jaw thing was true.

It's crazy how highly I thought of that match up 4 years ago. Now it feels like two over the hill fighters getting a rematch that not many people care for anymore

@25:46 of that first video something magical happens!

The two great white hopes who turned out to be punching bags. I wouldn't mind a rematch.

It’s amazing how far both have fallen of. Media members label this match up as the greatest MW fight of all time. Both were supposed to be the top 2 guys. Fast forward a few years later, both suffered brutal losses and are now being told to retire

It's crazy how highly I thought of that match up 4 years ago. Now it feels like two over the hill fighters getting a rematch that not many people care for anymore

kinda not Tank vs Ferrozzo 2 level yet but getting there

if Chris loses to Reyes, then I think its the fight to make if Luke wants to keep fighting. They'd both be coming off losses after moving up to 205 so it makes sense from a matchmaking perspective.

Weidman always gasses, on LHW odds are he'll fade even faster.

Therefore I don't see Weidman going much too far at LHW, since he's already 1-4 I guess he's bound to be MMA's Evander Holyfield for good.

It’s amazing how far both have fallen of. Media members label this match up as the greatest MW fight of all time. Both were supposed to be the top 2 guys. Fast forward a few years later, both suffered brutal losses and are now being told to retire

In my view there is a big difference in their performances. All of Weidman's losses except Mousasi have been competitive and he actually looked improved in the Sousa fight before getting KO'd. Rockhold is the one who really seems to have atrophied.

The speed at which both of these guys went from champ to washed up is incredible.

Sorry, but at this point, who wants it?

Back