Rockhold VS Weidman 2 set for UFC 230 after Rockhold and the UFC agree on a new deal

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chris Weidman today tweeted that he’s signed to meet Luke Rockhold at November’s UFC 230 event after Rockhold informed ESPN.com that he’s now satisfied with his contract status along with the booking.

Rockhold initially stated that he will not fight unless he was offered the "right contract" (read more here): http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/r...-need-to-fight-unless-right-contract.3813459/

With the addition, the latest UFC 230 lineup now includes:
  • Nate Diaz vs. Dustin Poirier
  • David Branch vs. Ronaldo Souza
  • Paulo Costa vs. Yoel Romero
  • Israel Adesanya vs. Derek Brunson
  • Sultan Aliev vs. Lyman Good
  • Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata
  • Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte
  • Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman

(Thanks to Jackonfire for sharing the tweet)

Last edited:
This is a huge fight. Win and title hopes are alive, lose and middleweight run is over imo.

Dana getting an easy and popular matchup for his boy's comeback.

I hope a double KO happens

Romero vs Costa not fighting anymore, confirmed!!!!!!

I feel like Luke lost a lot of his passion for the sport after his meeting with Yoel.

I'm going with Weidman in the rematch.

Whineman fighting legit MW again so he is getting KTFO one more time.

holy shit that is a fucking insane card. Card of the year??

I don’t like this fight being a 3 rounder.

It does feel like one of those fights that we should create a 186 pound belt and never speak of it again just to get this to 5 rounds (since the fight is going to be 3rd from the top most likely)

Could be interesting.

Both fighters are on downswings and tend to get salty when they lose. So that will be fun.

I think mike ruined rockhold and yoel ruined the chris.

The fight is largely irrelevant from a title shot perspective, but again, could be fun.

Should've saved this match for another event imo. I agree that this can't be 3 rounds, I can see a trilogy happening here.

Back