Rockhold vs the winner of Hermansson/Edmen?

B-Level

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Everyone else at the top is booked except Whittaker which obviously doesn’t make sense at this point. Jack/Edmen seems like the only logical choice for Rockhold to land a ranked opponent with somewhat of a name. I see Hermansson subbing Edmen in round 2.

rockhold vs Hermannson would be a great return fight for Luke since Jack isn’t a power puncher, although he is a great grappler. Could make for some amazing grappling exchanges and puts Luke at low risk of being KTFO again. Thoughts?

Luke Rockhold, when did he jump in the mix..? There's nothing in fighting Rockhold that would advance Hermannson or Edmen other than Luke's mild name recognition if I were either men I would be looking up not down.

Luke Rockhold, when did he jump in the mix..? There's nothing in fighting Rockhold that would advance Hermannson or Edmen other than Luke's mild name recognition if I were either men I would be looking up not down.
They are Nr. 7 and 10 ofcourse they will gain from fighting the former champion, who was a beast in his prime.I will make fun of his chin just like anyone else,but lets not pretend he is a bum!

I look forward to seeing Luke back in the cage. I guess I’m one of the few fans who pretty much always rooted for Luke.

They are Nr. 7 and 10 ofcourse they will gain from fighting the former champion, who was a beast in his prime.I will make fun of his chin just like anyone else,but lets not pretend he is a bum!

No need to pretend he is a bum and was a bum champ that no one really took serious as a champ he was better underwear model than fighter.

I look forward to seeing Luke back in the cage. I guess I’m one of the few fans who pretty much always rooted for Luke.
Same here. Even though he was an asshole, I loved his fighting style. IMHO, his title fight run is the best in UFC middleweight history; he beat Phillipou, Boetsch, Bisping, Machida, and Weidman, and he finished every one while making it look easy. Personally, I hope that if he does come back, he goes back to 205lbs, takes a couple of warm-up fights, and he focuses a little more on his boxing. He'll be a monster then.

Same here. Even though he was an asshole, I loved his fighting style. IMHO, his title fight run is the best in UFC middleweight history; he beat Phillipou, Boetsch, Bisping, Machida, and Weidman, and he finished every one while making it look easy. Personally, I hope that if he does come back, he goes back to 205lbs, takes a couple of warm-up fights, and he focuses a little more on his boxing. He'll be a monster then.

Luke surely looked like a monster visually in 205:
1154230747.jpg.jpg

Luke did however say that he will come back to 185 as of now on his appearance on Mike Swick’s show yesterday.

A win over Luke does more for either man than a win over Edmen or Jack

Luke is as fragile as they come, the chin is long gone.

Back