Rockhold Says He'll Finish Weidman in the First Round This Time

Im actually as excited for this rematch as i was for the original fight. Both guys seemed sub-par and ill be interested in what adjustments Chris makes

Rockhold embarrassed him pretty badly the first time, and that was with a staph infection. Weidman's face looked like somebody dragged him across a mile of broken glass.

disgusted-baby-2.jpg

At the fan q&a in London Rockhold said he expects to finish Weidman in the first five minutes this time. He also said that if Herb Dean is reffing then it might end up going to the second lol.
hahaha
Luke has some good comments.

I seriously can't call this fight.
Normally, I can think of how a fight will go, or at least expect something like "If it is standing, this guy gets the nod, if it goes to the ground, that guy has more chances".
But these guys are so well rounded... IMO it is a toss up.

I'm calling it now Weidman takes the belt back. Weidman made 1 fatal mistake but before that mistake he was getting stronger as Rockhold was fading fast. Weidman won't make that fatal mistake and will put away Rockhold in the 4th round.

I hope he gets fucked up this time. Don't doubt the Chris.

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

x240-lgD.jpg

He can end a fight too. And Rockhold isn't invincible.

file.gif

I'm still hopeful and not convinced Rockhold takes the rematch.
That Munoz beating was one of the latest stoppages I've ever seen. Did Rosenthal want him dead or something?

i like Rockhold but the odds of that happening is very slim teh Chris has an iron jaw and can take a beating also he won't throw spinning shit this time and i expect him to check kicks a lot more

My money will be on Weidman. Assuming he recovers fully he has this and won't make another stupid mistake.

Anything is possible. I could see Rockhold pulling off something slick and getting the win fairly quickly. I don't see what Weidman does differently in this fight.

Man after I read a few excuses from Weidman I tuned out, though I know he made more excuses. I lose respect for these fighters quick when they can't just take the loss like a man. You threw a stupid kick, Chris and got beat to pulp for it. I have no interest in this rematch, unless there really is a valid reason.

Is this rematch happening just because there's nobody else?

What the hell? When did they say there would be an immediate rematch?

I would be pretty surprised if Rockhold took him out in the first. Weidman is a really tough dude........

Im actually as excited for this rematch as i was for the original fight. Both guys seemed sub-par and ill be interested in what adjustments Chris makes

Yeah I agree.

It will be interesting to see if Rockhold can prove me wrong, I don't think the rematch goes his way at all.

I'm calling it now Weidman takes the belt back. Weidman made 1 fatal mistake but before that mistake he was getting stronger as Rockhold was fading fast. Weidman won't make that fatal mistake and will put away Rockhold in the 4th round.
If this fight goes past three rounds than I think Weidman will have to finish Rockhold in the 4th or 5th because I see Rockhold taking the first two rounds quite easily. Their both physically strong and tough fighters so I can definitely see this fight going all 5 rounds. But I think Rockhold will come out the winner if he doesn't gas out. I got Rockhold winning by an early finish within 3 rounds.

I have Chris round 2 or 3 by TKO/KO.

He clocked Luke in round 3 and then basically nudged him and Rockhold fell down.

So teh chris is going to throw some ill advised spinning shit in the first this time? You'd think he'd learned his lesson.

Back