Rockhold: "I'm on another level than him(Machida)."

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Rockhold: "I'm on another level than him(Machida). I believe I'm the best fighter in the world."

--Nice guy but he's delusional. I don't think he's just trying to sell the fight, I think he believes this. Big difference between confidence and cockiness. Cockiness will attract certain defeat.

http://youtu.be/tlQ1AmOdnBM?t=6m3s

Last edited:
Yes Machida is light years ahead of him

I like his confidence. MW is a harsh division, but three of my favorites (Weidman, Machida and Rockhold) fight on the top. Loads of fun.

Must be great being Rockhold. He can have any girl in the world and beat any man on the planet. On top of that, his name is Rockhold and he's packing, if you know what I mean.

Yep.

One is the former UFC lightheavyweight champion and the other is the dead promotion MW champion.

I think if anything, Machida should be a very slight favorite.. just because Rockhold hasn't really had the experience and quality wins Machida has.

Rockhold has been looking great recently though,

not even just recently, other than the Belfort fight he's been looking great for years now. but he's still improving. I think he's going to have a hard time getting Lyoto down, perhaps he can learn a thing or two from the first Rua fight and work the body with his kicks. Imo his best weapon.

We've also seen some very slick grappling from Rockhold, he could catch Lyoto in something for shizzle.

People will hate no him for this, but I like his confidence.. you have to be confident, and I honestly think he believes in himself. He's got a great camp.. he can beat Lyoto.

If Phil Davis, Rampage, Shogun Rua, Jones, and Weidman can pull it off, Rockhold can too. Lyotos not a young gun anymore

Rockhold is evolving and will be future champion , but is he on another level than Machida today ? in my eyes is his ground game is on another level , Machida has god takedown defance , in stand up i think Machida is bether faster , more unpredictable ,Rockhold has god technic , but he is static stands still that can be an issue. but it will be a god stand up fight.

Machida just had a great performance.

Now he is ripe for one of his 29-28 losses where he patiently circles away for most of the fight.

Back