Rockhold at his best is an absolute monster

Kertol

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Luke Rockhold at his best is an absolute monster. I’m talking about the guy who destroyed Machida (one of my favorite fighters) and went to war and beat a prime Jacare and Tim Kennedy.

This was a motivated and truly confident Rockhold. It’s one thing to be a fake confident and another thing to have that real confidence. The male model Luke who fought Romero was not the same as the guy who beat Weidman to get the tittle.

Hopefully moving up in weight will give him some more motivation as he’s getting a fresh start. It’s possible he comes back even stronger and better at LHW which is a scary thought.

I wonder how his height, reach & length will hold up at LHW!

The problem is he hasn’t been at his best lately.

Romero was just a bad matchup with his impeccable striking defense and being impossible to takedown/grapple with.

Romero was just a bad matchup with his impeccable striking defense and being impossible to takedown/grapple with.

Rockhold seemed a bit hesitant in that fight. The old Rockhold was a wild dude in the cage and not worried about what his opponent was going to do. He needs to get his confidence back.

Luke Rockhold at his best is an absolute monster. I’m talking about the guy who destroyed Machida (one of my favorite fighters) and went to war and beat a prime Jacare and Tim Kennedy.

This was a motivated and truly confident Rockhold. It’s one thing to be a fake confident and another thing to have that real confidence. The male model Luke who fought Romero was not the same as the guy who beat Weidman to get the tittle.

Hopefully moving up in weight will give him some more motivation as he’s getting a fresh start. It’s possible he comes back even stronger and better at LHW which is a scary thought.

images

Breaking: When a fighter does good he does good!!!!!!!!!

I think age is not doing him any favors. He has lost a bit of reaction time, and that has made him more hittable lately. It might seem almost imperceptible, but it makes the difference between eating punches and not. And he's eating them punches more and more.

But will he ever fight again?

Yoel beats any version of Luke. Lukes only chance is to get top position on him in which he can finish just about anyone from but its very unlikely he gets on top of Yoel. The version of Jacare Luke fought was a very mediocre sturiker. His standup came a long way from 2013 on.

Yes, he was good. Champion even.

His era between Jacare & Bisping was quite solid. Vitor exception be damned.

His top game and his back power left kicks are top tier.

His boxing defence, chin, and footwork in the pocket is quite poor compared to his strengths. Particularly the way he jabs as a southpaw by stepping in between the legs leaving himself exposed to vicious counters is rather unfortunate.

Back