Rockhold and Garbrandt biting off of Conor McGregor

3lite

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Cody Garbrandt - now wearing David August clothing and even trying to talk like Conor saying things like "He broke him"

Luke Rockhold - posting about movement on his IG and even playing the same music as Conor. Even posted a long ass IG message after losing to Bisping like Conor did.

Yes, people say "muh conor wasn't the first to do ...." but it's a fact that he influences fighters big time and I hate Conor but it is what it is.
There was a press conference (unstoppable? it's time?) which was basically 20 fighters sitting on a stage trying to be Conor McGregor.
It's embarrassing.

what.jpg

78j0uojhd3_1y2hnsa8bx_file.jpeg

I'm just glad Luke panic grappled against Weidman.

Rockhold is a funny case.

From hater to Conor fan.

Number 2 is known as shit for a reason.

I went to 196 live and there was some older dude that looked a lot like conor and everyone was shaking his hand yet he just played it off like it was Conor. I got close and he looked like late 30's early 40's so never approached him. Anyone know who this guy is?

Everyone that breathes in air is copying Conor McGOATgoat. He made breathing in air cool.

Wearing a decent suit is copying Mcgregor?

Yes, people say "muh conor wasn't the first to do ...." but it's a fact that he influences fighters big time and I hate Conor but it is what it is.
There was a press conference (unstoppable? it's time?) which was basically 20 fighters sitting on a stage trying to be Conor McGregor.
It's embarrassing.

Honestly, as much as it hurts to admit, its totally true. Tony Ferguson and Luke Rockhold are the most blatant examples.

I mean, a lot of the rise of "trash talk" in MMA has to be attributed and credited to Chael, which of course was drawn from Muhammad Ali (who admitted that his trash talk was inspired by the professional wrestler Gorgeous George, RIP to both) and the WWE in general. Chael really illustrated the importance of marketing fights - his trash talk made up for his record (which was impressive but of course filled with a considerable amount of losses) and even a fighting style which wasn't exactly "fan-friendly" (wrestling based, although very entertaining for the serious MMA fan did not cater to the desires of more casual fans).

But this brand of "confidence" and trash talk, along with the expensive suits and haircuts and talk of money/big paychecks is obviously inspired by Conor.

Its funny because in pretty much every other situation in my life, the loudest guy in the room usually was actually the LEAST confident. I always thought that needing to convince everyone else around you that you're confident is normally a sign that you aren't actually that confident in yourself. But I don't think this applies to everyone and every situation. There's no doubt that guys like Floyd Mayweather are super confident. Conor is probably pretty confident too.

Cody on that suit looks so try hard.

Not like he doesnt without anyway... but its the cherry on top

Remember when Cruz and Faber were trash talking and they supposedly copying off Conor?

Well Conor copied Mayweather's swag so No Love and Rockhold are really biting off Money.

But i thought Cody was "real" - he's a poser!

Everyone is a Conor wannabe - except me, I'm my own man!

Well Conor copied Mayweather's swag so No Love and Rockhold are really biting off Money.

Yeah,its funny because no one is really truly original- some guys just take and run with what they are inspired by.

Rockhold is biting off Conor, while Conor was inspired by Floyd.

Chael was inspired by the WWE and Ali who was inspired by Gorgeous George.

Some guys it works for, some guys not so much

Back