Rockhard, Jacare, Kennedy, Moose - Mix and Match

Modern

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just mix and match any of these four for title shot elimination matches.

Which matchup would you make if you were Joe Silva.

Jacare vs Kennedy 2
Rockhald vs Mousasi

Too..........Many......Potential.......Rematches

Its funny how when a dominant champ leaves all of a sudden divisions seem more stacked.

These are all great matchups. And this is why the ufc "monopoly" is a good thing.

Glad the strikeforce fighters are mixing it up in the ufc

Remember when Strikeforce was the "B-league"?

I wish there was another fighter or two to mix in. Not really interested in any of these rematches.

Its funny how when a dominant champ leaves all of a sudden divisions seem more stacked.

These are all great matchups. And this is why the ufc "monopoly" is a good thing.

I agree with all this.

Throw CB in as an injury alternate.

Dana would talk so much shit about SF. Guess he wasn't really telling the truth most of the time...or something. Shocked

It's funny that Jacare is the closest to a title shot of that group, but he has lost to (or barely edged out) the other 3.

Have Anderson Silva fight each in a row so he can retire a loser. Strikeforce had the real MW division when he was dancing around fighting cans

Where did Weidman leave to? When did Anderson fight anyone in that mix? WTF are you talking about? Anderson was an owner hype, or should I say FARCE!

Have Anderson Silva fight each in a row so he can retire a loser. Strikeforce had the real MW division when he was dancing around fighting cans

Yeah just look at how easily Rockhold, their champion, owned that shitty UFC can Vitor Belfort... oh wait.:rolleyes:

MW is a killers division right now

Weidman, Andy, Vitor, Chael, Moose, Rockhard, Kennedy, Jacare, Cheeda

It's insane really

I don't think Kennedy's on par with the other three. As for title shots I don't think they're in the same spots at all, Jacare should be next in line for the winner of Lyoto-Weidman, while I think Rockhold and Mousasi still have to do a little more in the UFC. I like both Rockhold and Mousasi a lot but I think both need one more test in the division before getting into title eliminators, and with Vitor likely to be waiting for a shot alongside Jacare there's no need to rush things at MW.

Rockhold-Bisping would be a lot of fun, and although I'm not the biggest fan of Gegard having to deal with someone who could wrestlefuck him I think Mousasi-Kennedy makes sense and Gegard's more aggressive grappling on top of just being a more talented fighter should get him through. Then you could have a title eliminator between Rockhold and Mousasi and maybe by that point Anderson's come back and you could have the winner go on to fight for hte belt while the loser gets to put on a FOTY candidate with one of the GOATs on his retirement tour, which would go Cung Le, Rockhold/Mousasi, Mousasi/Rockhold and Shogun if I were to pick his last 4 fights, but they don't often ask me.

Things have been working out the way I want them to at MW for the past couple years though, so hopefully that trend continues and it all works out like that and we all celebrate the all time great fights we are allowed to enjoy.

they can beat weidman except maybe kennedy

Jacare definitely has a good chance against weidman with his power and jitz, and both Mousasi and Rockhold are very slick grapplers who'd be able to beat Weidman standing while fighting from the outside so they'd have a chance to, although I do think the Chris'd probably be able to get on top of both and put them away if they fought.

EDIT: Just noticed you wrote can, fully agreed then I think Jacare's the only one with a really good chance, but the other two certainly would have paths to victory open to them.

Back