Robots Have Taken More Then 5 Million Jobs World Wide Just The Beginning

Sigh

1.- Corporations objective is to make money no argument about it.

2.- Modern countries are democracias, and believe it or not, only in America can a politician get votes by railing against the poor, in the vast majority of countries around the world, railing against the poor would make you unelectable.

3.- People take a sense of accomplishment into achieving the respect and admiration of their peers.

4.- Post-scarcity means a state where most people have their basic needs met, not where everyone is a billionaire.

2 - who actually rallied against the poor in a presidential campaign? Any proof
4- no shit I know what post scarcity means and my post reflected my understanding. Why does having robots replacing human laborers = post scarcity? Either explain or accept your statement is absolutely retarded. There is a higher chance of forced sterilization happening than corporations floating the bill for a 50% unemployment rate IN THE REAL WORLD.

You just seem like a dreamer who doesn't take reality to its logical conclusion.

Btw, easy, short term solution to dealing with the loss of jobs, from the replacement of labor by machines, is to legally cut the work week to less hours. We can buy ourselves some time.

Oh, so this is what we should have done when we had that little recession or whatever after katrina? That would have solved what again? Please never run for office or start a political blog.

Yeah I don't agree with Skip much, but imo anyone that thinks a huge rate of unemployment will lead to some utopia is naive. Someone is footing the bill to support all those people, and nobody is gonna want to.

2 - who actually rallied against the poor in a presidential campaign? Any proof
4- no shit I know what post scarcity means and my post reflected my understanding. Why does having robots replacing human laborers = post scarcity? Either explain or accept your statement is absolutely retarded. There is a higher chance of forced sterilization happening than corporations floating the bill for a 50% unemployment rate IN THE REAL WORLD.

You just seem like a dreamer who doesn't take reality to its logical conclusion.

Oh, so this is what we should have done when we had that little recession or whatever after katrina? That would have solved what again? Please never run for office or start a political blog.

1.- Wow you seriously dont think that people claiming that there is too much welfare and that poor people need to fasten their bootstraps and that corporations need more tax cuts is not railing against the poor?

2.- Stop focusing on semantics, in a world past human labour, productivity would be so high that the issue at hand would be how to distribute the wealth, we will need to move to another system simple as that.

3.- LOL at forced sterilization being a possibility, that would only happen when robot armies become a reality. Corporations cant enforce shit on their own in a country like the US thats why they spend too much shaping public opinion.

Lol, do you understand that a recession driven by katrina, or one driven by the global financial crisis, or one driven by collapsing consumption due to automation destroying the labor market, all have different proper responses, as they are different problems?

Born too late to explore the Earth. Born too early to explore the galaxy. Born just in time to retire with union pension. Feels great.

So in a landscape where automation and AI power the vast majority of the workforce, some people are betting that the powers at be will just take care of the citizens who no longer serve value to industry? Interesting.

So in a landscape where automation and AI power the vast majority of the workforce, some people are betting that the powers at be will just take care of the citizens who no longer serve value to industry? Interesting.

Yes, because the powers that be are all genocidal maniacs waiting to strike, the powers that be are just a representation of the moral quality of its people unless extremely represive or imposed by a foreign nation.

Yes, because the powers that be are all genocidal maniacs waiting to strike, the powers that be are just a representation of the moral quality of its people unless extremely represive or imposed by a foreign nation.

Sure, Rod.

And when AI comes about that's what you'll have. You'll have AI doing the work you do.

This is inevitable.

One person instead of 10-20 at workplaces.
Like I said, I can see it eventually getting to one person available as a fail safe, but that is not very close to happening. The tech to do new things is always...... faulty. It takes a lot of work for even basic stuff, let alone some AI thing. I would be very interested to work with one though, would be fun. I could see one replacing a lot of what the mechanics do with bearings coming off, popping chains, etc. A little harder on the electric side because the components can mess each other up. It requires some lateral thinking.

1.- Wow you seriously dont think that people claiming that there is too much welfare and that poor people need to fasten their bootstraps and that corporations need more tax cuts is not railing against the poor?

2.- Stop focusing on semantics, in a world past human labour, productivity would be so high that the issue at hand would be how to distribute the wealth, we will need to move to another system simple as that.

3.- LOL at forced sterilization being a possibility, that would only happen when robot armies become a reality. Corporations cant enforce shit on their own in a country like the US thats why they spend too much shaping public opinion.

1) Claiming there is too much welfare is not "a rally against the poor". Especially if their ideas stimulate more business and JOB CREATION. There are plenty of poor people not on welfare. Also, not allowing able bodied people who could work instead loaf on welfare is not some assault on the poor. It is simple that an economy can only handle so many welfare cases. There is no reason to steal from hard workers to take care of everyone who does not work.
But if most people are unemployed due to robots then how do you tax people who do work enough to pay for all the unemployed? You think you are going to tax the corporations 60%? 1) they back the candidates 2) they would relocate somewhere else to not get taxed.
You are living in a fucking dream world. I sincerely hope you are trolling me your responses.

2) So you don't want me to focus on what words actually mean since you seem to not have any idea??? Why would productivity be so high that we would just need to redistribute the wealth? What system are you proposing where most of the population does not work but somehow everyone not only gets their basic needs met but lives in luxury??? If we don't live in luxury and not work then you are basically saying not having jobs but living on welfare level compensation should be cheered by the population---this is idiotic

3) force sterilization has happened in the real world, corporations supporting large numbers of unemployed like say at a 50% level for long periods of time HAS NEVER happened. Either prove my statement is false or accept that SOMETHING THAT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE IS MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN AGAIN than something that has NEVER happened and makes ZERO sense.
Here is when forced sterilization has occured
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization
And we need not go to nazi germany
"Canada
Main article: Compulsory sterilization in Canada
Two Canadian provinces (Alberta and British Columbia) performed compulsory sterilization programs in the 20th century with eugenic aims. Canadian compulsory sterilization operated via the same overall mechanisms of institutionalization, judgment, and surgery as the American system. However, one notable difference is in the treatment of non-insane criminals. Canadian legislation never allowed for punitive sterilization of inmates.

The Sexual Sterilization Act of Alberta was enacted in 1928 and repealed in 1972. In 1995, Leilani Muir sued the Province of Alberta for forcing her to be sterilized against her will and without her permission in 1959. Since Muir’s case, the Alberta government has apologized for the forced sterilization of over 2,800 people. Nearly 850 Albertans who were sterilized under the Sexual Sterilization Act were awarded C$142 million in damages.[7]"

Lol, do you understand that a recession driven by katrina, or one driven by the global financial crisis, or one driven by collapsing consumption due to automation destroying the labor market, all have different proper responses, as they are different problems?

I understand that NONE of the recessions you mentioned would be fixed by your solution. Please point to any recession that was fixed by shortening the workforces hours so more people had jobs. By this rationale, if I may call it such, you can fix a recession by replacing all full time jobs with part time jobs. This would be dumb as fuck.

Like I said, I can see it eventually getting to one person available as a fail safe, but that is not very close to happening. The tech to do new things is always...... faulty. It takes a lot of work for even basic stuff, let alone some AI thing. I would be very interested to work with one though, would be fun. I could see one replacing a lot of what the mechanics do with bearings coming off, popping chains, etc. A little harder on the electric side because the components can mess each other up. It requires some lateral thinking.

I always use Amazon warehouses as a perfect example of technology doing what we're talking about.

I mean we basically have a lower grade form of it now. Imagine 50 years worth of quantum computing technology being worked on.

Think how far advanced things will be. These computers will be doing the jobs of Wall Street. Why hire brokers when quantum computing runs trillions and trillions of scenarios a minute.

You take human error right out of the equation.

Skynet is all about that capitalism life. Instead of taking lives, it's stealing opportunities.

T-3; Rise of the unemployment.

1) Claiming there is too much welfare is not "a rally against the poor". Especially if their ideas stimulate more business and JOB CREATION. There are plenty of poor people not on welfare. Also, not allowing able bodied people who could work instead loaf on welfare is not some assault on the poor. It is simple that an economy can only handle so many welfare cases. There is no reason to steal from hard workers to take care of everyone who does not work.
But if most people are unemployed due to robots then how do you tax people who do work enough to pay for all the unemployed? You think you are going to tax the corporations 60%? 1) they back the candidates 2) they would relocate somewhere else to not get taxed.
You are living in a fucking dream world. I sincerely hope you are trolling me your responses.

2) So you don't want me to focus on what words actually mean since you seem to not have any idea??? Why would productivity be so high that we would just need to redistribute the wealth? What system are you proposing where most of the population does not work but somehow everyone not only gets their basic needs met but lives in luxury??? If we don't live in luxury and not work then you are basically saying not having jobs but living on welfare level compensation should be cheered by the population---this is idiotic

3) force sterilization has happened in the real world, corporations supporting large numbers of unemployed like say at a 50% level for long periods of time HAS NEVER happened. Either prove my statement is false or accept that SOMETHING THAT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE IS MORE LIKELY TO HAPPEN AGAIN than something that has NEVER happened and makes ZERO sense.
Here is when forced sterilization has occured
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization
And we need not go to nazi germany
"Canada
Main article: Compulsory sterilization in Canada
Two Canadian provinces (Alberta and British Columbia) performed compulsory sterilization programs in the 20th century with eugenic aims. Canadian compulsory sterilization operated via the same overall mechanisms of institutionalization, judgment, and surgery as the American system. However, one notable difference is in the treatment of non-insane criminals. Canadian legislation never allowed for punitive sterilization of inmates.

The Sexual Sterilization Act of Alberta was enacted in 1928 and repealed in 1972. In 1995, Leilani Muir sued the Province of Alberta for forcing her to be sterilized against her will and without her permission in 1959. Since Muir’s case, the Alberta government has apologized for the forced sterilization of over 2,800 people. Nearly 850 Albertans who were sterilized under the Sexual Sterilization Act were awarded C$142 million in damages.[7]"

I understand that NONE of the recessions you mentioned would be fixed by your solution. Please point to any recession that was fixed by shortening the workforces hours so more people had jobs. By this rationale, if I may call it such, you can fix a recession by replacing all full time jobs with part time jobs. This would be dumb as fuck.

I didn't say it would solve it, I said it would buy time. Asking me to prove to you something in a fictitious world is silly.

Its so sad to see that probably the end of human labour is seen with dread and fear instead of amazing joy

Nice as it sounds, there's nothing like the sense of achievement that comes from some hard work. Pushing a button won't put hair on anyone's chest.

Nice as it sounds, there's nothing like the sense of achievement that comes from some hard work. Pushing a button won't put hair on anyone's chest.

Who says you can't find hard work in pursuing art, science, a hand made furniture business, a resturant, or pursuit of sport?

Who says you can't find hard work in pursuing art, science, a hand made furniture business, a resturant, or pursuit of sport?

Don't know about equating "hard work" and science; I meant physical work.

Those things will still exist, but it remains to be seen how the underclasses are going to become painters or astronauts overnight. Maybe robot fixers.

Don't be surprised if restaurants look like this again soon (though everyone will be wearing polyester sports clothes, dad jeans, and running shoes):

automat-restaurant_5.jpg

Google owners and super rich super geeks have no idea nor understand the negative impact of self-driving cars and such.

They think they are creating good for a new utopia where people do only intellectual work. but regular donks need jobs. Even self-checkout at groceries stores have taken jobs from people.

I never understood the love people have for manual labor, i worked at a warehouse for 4 years and it was shit, i saw the people that had been doing it for 20+ years and they where all physically fucked up, either bad back, knees, etc. overall i just think of it as smocking cigarettes, people like the idea, the image, but the reality is that it will kill you in the long run.

On another note we are not even good at it, manual labor has always been the thing that holds production back. we get tired, we get injured, we get sick, overall we are not strong or agile in compared to other animals. so why do it. manual labor was always meant to be a place holder until we figured out a better way to do things.

I want to hate this, I really do.. But I realize the non-sensicle games people play all day that have nothing to do with the task they are paid for, and I can't be that mad. Japanese and robots. They kind of get "work." Drama is not efficient.

I'm sure there will be harsh transitions many places, but speaking very generally, I'm looking forward to increased automatization and the end of work. I'm also not at all sure it is avoidable.

Back